Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Teleportatitis

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5475 days, 17 hours, 18 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

Ok, I have teleportitis from corruption and don't have any means of teleport control. Saved Khelly, two PoCC in possession, RoDS in the water dragon's cave. So do I cure myself or look for teleport control. If look for TC, where?

I don't want to use banshee scumming because I will be bouncing all over the place while leading her up. There are no other rings in the water dragons cave. Haven't done Darkforge yet. Got Rustproof (from potion of rust removal) Battle Axe of Devastation from gnoll party, Justifier from Crowning, and Executor from precrown. Gremlin-scumming will be harder than banshee scumming if I should try it.

EDIT: should be Teleportitis.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/28/2007 at 16:36 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5763 days, 15 hours, 48 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 17:13 (GMT -5)

Well, I personally would take either take chance by stealing RoDS in water cave, or just remove it, since if you're a class that uses spells, teleportitis is very annoying, since you have to travel to the assasin's guild, temples, and other places to read harder books.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 1 hour, 53 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 17:14 (GMT -5)

Go to the cavern level of the puppy cave and keep killing things till a blink dog appears. Namethe first blink dog, and let it spawn (wearing Executor helps - they summon more often if you're cursed). Don't kill the original blink dog, but kill the others quick, until you get a tasty corpse.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 17:56 (GMT -5)

will try that Darren.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4149 days, 7 hours, 10 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 19:45 (GMT -5)

what so special about first one? iirc, others do summon.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 21 hours, 22 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at 12:32 (GMT -5)

Only when they're more experience. When you kill ~20 of them, the summoned ones start to summon their own.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 1 hour, 53 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at 18:37 (GMT -5)

Summoned monsters start with zero pp, so they can't summon straight away, and are useless in the short term. In the long term if you let them all live they'll summon out of control. So best thing is to restrict them to one summoner (the first) and slay all other till you get a corpse. When you have the corpse kill the original as soon as possible and then the others.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at 19:15 (GMT -5)

Removed corruption. Now in ToEF

-Maelstrom

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: