Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Three questions

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4770 days, 16 hours, 35 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 04:01 (GMT -5)

Yesterday my promising Dark Elven Wizard, nicely on track for an ULE, hit a big snag. The demented ratling died. This poses three questions.

Firstly, who would like to guess how he died?, should be too hard, remember I would have done anything to keep him alive.

Second. Is there anyway of bringing him back, I'm 99.9% certain this is a no.

Thirdly, after talking to Gaab Bay, she told me to mature first, now I'm presuming that this message came about because I'm neutral, evil characters are told to satisfy the demented one. However am I wrong here?, is this message something due to the fact that the ratling is dead, and I need to do something else to get her assistance?

If all is lost on an ULE, then I'm off to the gate to do a normal win, shouldnt be too hard now, just need to boost my toughness, and I'm there.
PS Khelly is still alive, but no AOLS, so even with another ratling, an ULE may be hard.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4068 days, 6 hours, 57 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 04:23 (GMT -5)

I'm pretty sure that there is no WAY for you to do any kind of ultra ending now. Close that game and vow for ultra victory in your next incarnation.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5141 days, 12 hours, 9 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 06:44 (GMT -5)

1. Big demon killed him? Perhaps demon was generated out of line of sight and did it quickly. If you havent generated demon yet, then possibly a dwarf bumped into him, a fight ensued, and he died. I've also had ratling die without demon generated and without luring any monsters to the level.
2. No. You can wish for one, but "A wished-for demented ratling will make the usual demand for six artifacts from a chaotic PC, but will not eat an artifact. Instead, he responds with "Ya naw will neeta die!" He is not necessarily hostile after this."
3. Yes, it was because you are neutral. Lawfuls are bad, but as a neutral you are "on the way" to evilness (i.e. mature more).
Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 10:09 (GMT -5)

Molach scores 10 points for correct death style identification.
Yes, the demon was generated right next to the little fella. I had already cast farsight before I requested the final quest from Thrundaar. Walked out of the room, and there they were fighting. Only took two rounds, and I'd even teleported next to the demon for the second round !!!.

Next time I'm going to feed the ratling more prior to getting the demon. I'd only given him the ancient scythe, so he wasnt a strong as he could have been.

No point killing the char though, a second standard gate closure will do for this week.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4149 days, 11 hours, 31 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 14:13 (GMT -5)

i'm not so sure second punct is correct. with all respect for guidebook situation then first ratling is dead might be untested.

if somehow you'll have free wish for ratling let us know of results.

A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5763 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 14:16 (GMT -5)

hmmm, maybe wish for multiple ratlings?could be dependant on how many artifacts you gave him...so if you gave him one artifact, you need 2, if you give him 2 artifacts(the original) you need to give the new ones 3...but very unlikely theory...
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5603 days, 4 hours, 46 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 14:20 (GMT -5)

Hang on, did you give the ancient scythe to the demented ratling while neutral? If you did, I'm fairly sure that's a bad idea.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5141 days, 12 hours, 9 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 14:33 (GMT -5)

I did test it. I had a character, L+. Killed real ratling, wished for a new. "Ye needta die"
I then went to C first, then fed the original ratling one artifact. Killed him, then wished for a new. "Feed me 5 then we will see" + "needta die"
Can't really think that it matter whether I kill him or not.
Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 04:06 (GMT -5)

I fed the ratling while evil, then completed the druid quest, puppy cave, poured water on Griffs grave etc.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: