Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Help with Saccing

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

pwil
Registered user

Last page view:

6220 days, 1 hour, 18 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 at 10:19 (GMT -5)

I have a level 16 character right now, and I'm trying to get a third artifact from my deity before I go to the pyramid. I feel like I've been saccing any and everything for a long time, but I can't get the "absolutely close" message, and my prayers keep going unheard. I don't have any holy water, and I don't think I will find enough to herb plant before the pyramid closes. Anyone have any tips for saccing?
Also, what is the benefit of pre-crowning?
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5756 days, 19 hours, 20 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 at 10:27 (GMT -5)

a random artifact, that's not one of your crowning gifts, or one of the guarranteed artifacts.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
pwil
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 at 10:29 (GMT -5)

Yeah, but that will increase the level I need to be to get another post-crowning, which is what I'm trying to avoid. (That's why I'm not going to the pyramid yet.)
I should say, too, that I have Survival and can sac seeds, but I feel like that will take hours and give me carpel tunnel.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5756 days, 19 hours, 20 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 at 10:34 (GMT -5)

lvl>8+3*number of artifacts generated.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4061 days, 6 hours, 7 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 at 10:37 (GMT -5)

I don't think I can give any elaborate strategies on allocating piety for precrowns, seeing that I nearly never precrown at all, much less three times... Frankly, I consider the third a waste of precious game time. (Or did you crown and then post-crown? If so, a second postcrown probably still is pretty hard to do...)

Maybe there is something obstructing your pre-/postcrown, like a randomly generated artifact somewhere, making your level requirement 8 + 3*3 = 17? If so, I'd advise going to the Pyramid with ludicrous amounts of piety, getting level 17 on the bottom level by killing monsters, and praying afterwards.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
pwil
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 at 10:46 (GMT -5)

Sorry...that wasn't clear. I crowned, then post-crowned, going for a second post. I will try praying in the pyramid.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: