Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / The water dragon (again)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5474 days, 22 hours, 22 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 at 21:51 (GMT -5)

I can kill the water dragon almost quickly with a pre-level 18 high elven barbarian in the dark (quarterstaff of devastation on non-true berserking) if she would simply stay put. Unfortunately she is easily scared so when she gets to severely wounded, she teleports away. Would she still teleport while blinded stunned, paralyzed or confused? (providing she is not resistant to any of the above)

I also feel kind of trapped with this character because firstly, I have very few of my favorite magic rings (Ice, TC, Invis, mental stability), and secondly, I have no way of saving Khelly without going back to tedious gremlin-scumming (and usually it doesn't take this long to find a RoDS). Anything about barbarians or High Elves not finding as many rings as others? I am probably just unlucky in this respect.

Does the ankh/fate-smiles/rings of luck/related luck intrinsics simulate a lessened danger level?
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/7/2007 at 21:57 (GMT -5) by F50]
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4067 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 at 10:02 (GMT -5)

The luck intrinsics do not decrease danger level, if I remember correctly.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Tianjin
Registered user
for monsters - Death incarnate

Last page view:

5598 days, 15 hours, 58 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 at 01:17 (GMT -5)

I'm 99% sure she doesn't teleport.

She runs away.

Get her into a dead-end by:
- go to a dead-end (I like the one at the top right corner)
- drop an object,
- cast darkness,
- pick it up.

She appears, and is stuck.

I wouldn't count on her not attacking in darkness when her hp gets critical in a dead-end - it might be the last thing your PC will ever do.

I prefer to blind her, rather than cast darkness.
I KNOW she attacks when blind. Only melee attacks, not breath - survivable.
Try the TiLiCat! It's experience!

Tiger, stuffed with deboned Lion, stuffed with deboned Wildcat, and slow roasted with a mix of herbs. (served raw for Trolls)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/9/2007 at 01:23 (GMT -5) by Tianjin]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5474 days, 22 hours, 22 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 at 13:48 (GMT -5)

She must be pretty fast if she doesn't teleport. I wonder if she can be paralyzed?
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Tianjin
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 00:37 (GMT -5)

She's not that fast, I'd guess her base speed is around 130 - 140.

Fast enough to hit the average PC 2X or 3X for each hit you'd get in melee attack.

Corner her and try para. You might get lucky.

Tiger, stuffed with deboned Lion, stuffed with deboned Wildcat, and slow roasted with a mix of herbs. (served raw for Trolls)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/10/2007 at 06:12 (GMT -5) by Tianjin]
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 02:55 (GMT -5)

she does tp.
and it is not advised to corner her because she wil attack even in the dark then.
Portrait
Tianjin
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 06:10 (GMT -5)

I've killed her many times - mostly blinding her, and I've NEVER seen her teleport AWAY, no matter what her condition - only teleport TO your location when you pick sth. up.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: