Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Roguelike / Runescape?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5756 days, 16 hours, 14 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 at 14:35 (GMT -5)

I recently got cable internet(YES!!!!!, had dial-up before), and so I've always wanted to play a MMORPG, so I decided i'd play Runescape, which I used to play 3 years ago. So I was wondering if any of you guys here play it, or have played it, and in case any of you have, here's my name: Elgonoth.('El' in hebrew means god)
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5861 days, 15 hours, 27 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 at 22:19 (GMT -5)

i play it occasionally, mainly just to log in so i dont get my character wiped.

Gravelrash is who i go by.

I got some good stuff too, if you want my equipment and cash just email me as i wont really be playing anymore. I kinda got hooked on Tibia

another mmorpg that isnt too bad but can be very anoying if you die and have to go find your corpse and someone has looted items.
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3592 days, 4 hours, 42 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 18:04 (GMT -5)

I'm MagmaChris, but I stopped playing about 2 years ago... I came across CS and Warcraft :). Sometimes when I feel like getting killed in the Wilderness I log in, but not very often. I'm still thinking what to do with my Santa Hat... ruin the economy by keeping it or sell it?
For the Horde!
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 19:31 (GMT -5)

Everyday from 3:00-4:00 PM ( I live in Pennsylvania), I play Runescape, always,so could you meet me gravel sometime, I could use some nice items:D
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
gravel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 21:38 (GMT -5)

i live in perth australia, whats the time difference?
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
gravel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 21:24 (GMT -5)

Perth is +8.00 hours GMT. What hour are you from GMT noob? (gmt = Greenwich Meridian Time)
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 20:28 (GMT -5)

I live in Pennsylvania, USA,lol. I dunno what time zone, sadly enough as that is. Oh, and btw, I started a new acc, name is Eldonoth.

I'm starting to find RS2 more fun than Adom, in the respect that it is multiplayer. I've been somewhat successful in it, having just created my own non-member clan, "Clan Massacre". I probably play RS2 2x as much as adom now...
gravel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 23:15 (GMT -5)

if you look at the clock settings on your pc and your time zone it will tell you whether your + or - a certain gmt time. ie Perth is +8.00 gmt
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5596 days, 51 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 02:41 (GMT -5)

I played Runescape for something like five years, from early 2002 (as far as I remember) to January this year. I was always most interested in training skills and doing quests, so all those years were spent on the same character - named Creaphis. Look him up, and be amazed.

Over all those years I often drifted away from the game and back to it, but now it seems I'm finally done for good. I often got into the habit of playing even when I wasn't enjoying it, just for the sake of reaching certain levels. MMORPGs are dangerous for that. Runescape is a fun game, don't get me wrong. I still have a soft spot for some things about the game - especially certain friends I had there. But, I'm personally better off not playing it anymore.

I'm sorry that I rained on your parade. Runescape is still on my mind from time to time - these old addictions leave scars.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Noob-not logged in
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 00:34 (GMT -5)

I don't play runescape anymore now either,lol.

Even though I discovered a nice free MMORPG, Minions of Mirth, I found one even better(just because I can play it:D)
Rubies of Eventide

I like the idea of this game, in that it's not turn based, but not smash your mousepad either. It's real-time battle system, where more dextrous players will attack more. The game is completely free, though if you donate, you get some little extras. My first and current character is called Driszt, on the Phoenix server. I like this game alot, since it has some of the features of adom that I like, minus some that I don't, plus some features I like:
Health Points, Blood Points, Mana Points,and Essence Points.

So HP is same, Blood Points is your blood purity/percentage, and essence is your soul. If HP, BP< or EP reach 0, you die.

Another thing is that this game isn't that busy, so it's not like Runescape where every pixel is crowded.

Graphics: For being a free game, the graphics are pretty dang good, hell of a lot better than runescape's, with much more of an in-depth battle, skill, and leveling system like adom.

If you want to see how good the game gets(I just did, I thought it was awesome enough without seeing this) go to youtube.com, search Rubies of Eventide, and watch some of the clips....pretty nice for 300mb.

Oh, and if you want to download it, go to www.rubiesofeventide.net

cool game, I'm gonna stick with this one, play adom on laptop only, this at home only.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4232 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 02:28 (GMT -5)

Deserter :(
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 17:46 (GMT -5)

Hmm, I think I'll give Minions of Mirth a try. No point calling me a deserter Darren, I never really liked Runescape, I was just slightly addicted to it and that's why I played it. I liked spending time in the wilderness, but for some reason I almost always get owned/teamed and die. Even though I'm level 73 and have hit a 21...
For the Horde!
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 19:41 (GMT -5)

The only reason I play MMORPG's is that I need some intelligent teamates once in a while, if adom were to become multiplayer, it would be fantastic....tell me how Minions of Mirth is Mewto, my computer apparently doesn't have enough virtual memory to run it. It looks cool, but playing Rubies of Eventide is very nice too.

I believe Darren was calling me a deserter...I need to get back to the stories forum though....
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4232 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 21:28 (GMT -5)

The deserter comment was aimed at you, noob, but was meant entirely in jest anyway :)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 at 16:33 (GMT -5)

I know you were calling noob a deserter, but you might have called me also a deserter if I said I quit RS, so I just gave you a reason before you said anything :P
For the Horde!
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

So how is Minions of Mirth, Mewto? As I said before, I don't know how to make the game able to access my virtual memory, so it won't work...though I haven't played MMO's lately since I've been biking, playing airsoft, and adom occasionally instead, oh, and reading the drizzt books.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 at 19:18 (GMT -5)

Minions of Mirth is pretty nice... the graphics are rather average. The game is almost like a combination between Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind. 1st person view, lots of races and classes, etc... Haven't played much (about 2 min :P) but the game seemed a little buggy. Like he was running the whole time, when I stopped instead of staying still it looked like he was running (but he was actually running on the same spot). You should try it n00b, the game is small but good. I have to try that titan class :P Tomorrow maybe, I haven't slept in almost 3 days now and I think I'd better go to bed before my processor burns.
For the Horde!
gravel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 at 04:12 (GMT -5)

i'm giving away all my runescape stuff this weekend.

i'll update with time and place along with which world server. i have equipment, runes, lots of cash and items. I dont play anymore but if others here play you are welcome to my stuff.

my online nick is gravelrash and if you find me you can always say ADOM and i'll give you stuff ;)

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

Well, I stopped 2 months ago, as soon as I got City of Heroes/Villains. The $15 I pay per month is worth the game. So I no longer need the equipment.
gravel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 at 20:52 (GMT -5)

anyone else want my stuff?
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5819 days, 22 hours, 37 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 at 08:15 (GMT -5)

I could use some... RSN: Janaak.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/17/2007 at 08:19 (GMT -5) by Battle bunny]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message: