Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Friday 13 results+discusion

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4121 days, 20 hours, 16 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 23:47 (GMT -5)

Dead ones:
-Zatsakulut --Geffrey, the dwarven monk. advancement PC1. death reason- acute blood poisoning becouse of pit vipers.

-Soirana --- Gruntess, the orcish merchant. Advancement PC2. Death reason very skilled hit from goblin while berserking.

-Frim -- Valdo, the hurtling farmer.Advancement PC3, VD4. Reason of death- skeleton+sickness.

-Mewto -- Em0k1d, the grey elf healer. Advancement PC2, ID4. Reason of death - meeting snake while playing with acid trap (acute blood poisoning).

-Tianjin -- Thirteenth, the trolish merchant. Advancement wilderness encounter. RoD(Reason of death) - shot by raider form wildernes encounter.

-Requin -- Illithid, the trollish mindcrafter. Advancement - Dwarven halls. RoD - greater moloch in DH.

-Maelstorm-- Heirtroll, trollish bard. Advancement VD3. RoD - stone block trap.

-Höpsönassukka -- Elfonse, high elf elementalist. Other info unknown.

-Queue88 -- Q'irra, dark elf barbarian. Advancement VD6. RoD madd carpenter and friends.

-Fnorling -- Doomed, the drakish bard. Advancement - wilderness encounter. RoD ambushed by hobgoblins.

-F50 -- Elrag, the grey elf farmer. Advancement VD6+PC2. RoD shot by ratling archer.
AWARD for most skillfull dealing with pit vipers.

-Darren Grey -- Turin, the human beastfigter. Advancement - bandit villagae+SMC. RoD being a pacifist in SMC.

-Kirbot -- Ima C. Ursed, dwarvish weaponsmith. Advancement - ?. RoD charges from chain mail.
AWARD for best reason of death for cursed hero.

-Netlava -- Elysi, the drakish necromancer. Advancement - wilderness. RoD ambushed by wolves.
SPECIAL AWARD for fastest char generation (befor 13th:))))

-Silfir -- Tamasel, the high elf paladin. Advancement - some PC and some VD. RoD - paralysis+poison.

-Jules - Woody, the high elfish druid. Advancment - fire orb?. RoD - critical hit while helding healing potion in backup.

WINNERS:

-Some guy - Grumpy, the dwarvish bard
extras:
dooming before ToEF
killed tough guys -- 1 emperor moloch, arch enemy of ancient carmic wyrm, bug temple
semi tough: 9 balors, 1 emperor lich, 1 greater balor, 2 great karmic wyrms
special award:
Horor of gremlins -- 4164 gremlins killed.

-Molach -- Jason, the orchish bard
extras: tough guys: 1 ancient blue wyrm, 1 cat lord
semitough:9 balors, 1 greater balor.
Award: for stylish slaughter in peacefull village.

A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/8/2007 at 23:00 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 at 06:23 (GMT -5)

to netlava:

it is clearly written to generate char on friday 13. so your first char has nothing to do with a challenge. roll a proper random char today and proceed.

i see no reason to create remakes.

and do delete your messages out of character thread. thank you, soira.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5448 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 at 11:18 (GMT -5)

Why is netlava suspected? He already said he generated a char before the 13th due to excitement.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 at 11:30 (GMT -5)

me having problems with logging in/editing post recently.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
requin
Registered user
The shadow of the janitor

Last page view:

6166 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 at 12:07 (GMT -5)

Great stories. I really enjoyed this contest, although it might not have been as much fun to those, whose characters died more quickly. I really would like to have more of there contests in the future, like one per month.

Ill have to think about organising these things too. This was my first contest.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/13/2007 at 12:08 (GMT -5) by requin]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 at 12:32 (GMT -5)

OT: what about another quick-death challenge: SMC run. No pets, killed less than 1000 gremlins.

Just about to generate char... (hopefully a good one.....hopefully...)

It was a grey elvish farmer.

He did surprisingly well. Got PV up to five fast. Later to seven. He died a level eight hero from a claw-bug/ratling archer combo.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/13/2007 at 13:19 (GMT -5) by F50]
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 15 hours, 41 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 at 16:40 (GMT -5)

Um, F50... How did you get to very close piety without losing your curse?
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/13/2007 at 16:42 (GMT -5) by Silfir]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 14 hours, 59 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 at 17:28 (GMT -5)

I'm pretty sure he meant very pleased, the stage at which you're able to bless water.

Y'know, I just tried a new character going for IronMan, and the guy didn't do so bad - got down to level 17 (furthest I've gotten is around level 30). Finally died to a lightning vortex. Just goes to show that the cursing ain't so bad after all.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 at 12:01 (GMT -5)

yeah, I meant very pleased. changed it.

PS: never saw yrrigs, didn't finish carpenter quest. Got as far as PC:2 (for one turn) and VD:6 (first three rooms).

EDIT2: lol. its Puppy Cave level two (PC:2) and Village Dungeon level six (VD:6). Sorry for the trouble Soirana

Oh, and netlava posted an obituary (though not a detailed one).

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/14/2007 at 12:58 (GMT -5) by F50]
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5575 days, 13 hours, 31 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 00:23 (GMT -5)

What's with all these bards? Trollish, drakish, orcish and dwarven. Wand also seems to have appeared a lot.

Okay, I also have real questions.

What's the highest piety you can have while cursed? Is it "spiritually invincible"? I think I remember reading conflicting information somewhere else, saying that curse is lifted sooner.

Out of curiosity, is there any way to get lucky or fate smiles without losing cursed that doesn't involve altars or pools? I'm pretty sure there isn't, but maybe someone will surprise me with an answer.

Edit: Here's another random question I have. Sort of off topic, but my character is a bard so I feel it's fair game. It seems that all my skills are training up extremely quickly, even skills that I only learned after starting the game (stealth, pick pockets, bridge building). Here's my theory: Bards have natural training in EVERY skill, even though they only start the game with certain skills. Does anyone agree/disagree?
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/17/2007 at 00:54 (GMT -5) by Some guy]
gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5841 days, 4 hours, 7 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 01:25 (GMT -5)

i rolled a trollish priest on the month of candle :)

was going well until about level 7, got burned by a fire vortex, got poisoned, got another fire vortex and then finally killed by an invisible stalker all i 1 room after kicking a door which blinded me lol, thats what friday the 13th does.
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
Soira x
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 01:45 (GMT -5)

gravel: drop message to char thread. thenk you.

some guy: i'm not sure about piety. it sure you get curse of at very close, although in my limited experience if you jump directly to spirituaslly invincible from low piety you might selectively loose curse without loosing doom.
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 21:35 (GMT -5)

Hm. I suppose I'll just stay at "very pleased", then. Just being cursed instead of cursed + lucky feels more in the spirit of the challenge. (Though, I am using the Ankh... ah whatever.)

Edit: Heh, I'm accidentally lucky now anyways. Somehow I gained piety over time instead of lost it, and I'm not sure how. When I sacced a single coin I got the lucky intrinsic.

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/22/2007 at 01:46 (GMT -5) by Some guy]
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 04:51 (GMT -5)

Finished! Grumpy the dwarf has closed the gate and left, without ever losing her curse.

Extra credit:
She wiped out all of dwarftown (accidentally).
She got doomed before the ToEF, and remained doomed for the whole game (because she wiped out dwarftown).
She killed the emperor moloch (and an emperor lich - that should count as a big extra monster too).

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 17 hours, 22 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 07:41 (GMT -5)

Wow, congrats :)
For the Horde!
Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4743 days, 1 hour, 20 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 07:48 (GMT -5)

Nice work.
Looks like Ill have to do the Blue Dragon caves to have a chance to beat that. Not looking that promising at the moment though, and I'll have to speed up if I want to make it.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 08:05 (GMT -5)

work on your own speed. you won't be penalised for taking two months instead of one.

may 13th is just deadline for generating new chars in challenge.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 20 hours, 54 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 08:27 (GMT -5)

I'd say minotaur maze is a tough challenge. Because you have to do it at a certain level. BDC just isn't that hard because you can do it at level 50.

I'll just try to finish, because I can't beat "doomed before ToEF" no matter what I do...:). Now that I am past ToEF.
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 14:48 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I just skipped the minotaur maze this time, so that's one way you could top me.

And if someone decided to become doomed more fully than I did, I think that should be worth something even though it's later in the game. (I still used luck items, had 'lucky', high mana, etc.) Being doomed is certainly an experience.

EDIT: Lol, thanks for the SAPOT award. I really should try to play a game without gremlin scumming.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/25/2007 at 01:29 (GMT -5) by Some guy]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 11:49 (GMT -5)

Okay, I'm finished. Somehow.
Read all about it in the "rules + characters" thread.

I started with some 7lbs -> shredded in a trap around level 20.
I then found some -> shredded by fire golem around level 30.

Also 2 PoCC and 2 SoCR destroyed. But didn't seem like I needed them...

Oh yeah I was also doomed, but "did" it much later, UD:5 or so I think it was. Shopkeeper didn't like my aura.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/26/2007 at 11:49 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 14 hours, 59 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 13:45 (GMT -5)

Hah, well done Molach. Good job on killing the tiny girl with her puppy :D
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 15:21 (GMT -5)

Oh, that was *easy*

Muahahaha
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 at 23:37 (GMT -5)

Congrats! And nice evil ending.

My character always had good (or neutral) intentions, so I tried to keep her to neutral alignment for the majority of the game. She did kill dwarftown, yes, but that was an accident. Grumpy felt very guilty about that afterwards, but she now feels find and just blames that on the curse.

F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 at 16:58 (GMT -5)

see "Alhacrast and the 13th" in the Stories forum. I've only done a few deaths but I hope to get all of the deaths from this challenge in the story.

-Maelstrom
Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4743 days, 1 hour, 20 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 at 06:20 (GMT -5)

Well its all over now, killed by a fire daemon in TOEF. Was at the top level, had killed almost everything. Stupid death really, waited that one more turn before healing, got hit critically, and boy did it do some damage. Shame, I was about to start motoring. Was flying up the levels, and the only real downside was the corruption I was suffering from.

Still, reached level 23, learnt a lot about playing patiently.
Now that I'm back playing my favourite dark elven wizard, I cant believe how many books this guy finds, bound to do an ultra with this guy, if I can just find that AOLS.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 10:11 (GMT -5)

basically we are done with this one. not as bad as i expected.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 17:29 (GMT -5)

Oh, btw Soirana, its Puppy Cave level two (PC:2) and Village Dungeon level six (VD:6). Not the other way around (I said that up a couple posts but in an EDIT so you didn't see it.)

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5736 days, 4 hours, 54 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 at 19:04 (GMT -5)

I may start a challenge soon...
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: