Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Mindcrafter discussion

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

requin
Registered user
The shadow of the janitor

Last page view:

6165 days, 21 hours, 28 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 06:59 (GMT -5)

Recently I have been playing mindcrafters(few games after the contest) and I realised how potent class they can be. With high le and wi, their mind attacks can be really strong.
For example:
[{(W + L) / 6} + 1]d5. Lets say you have 30 le and wi, the lowest lvl direct dmg spell would do 11d5 points of damage. The higher level crafts would do even more.
Telekinetic blast(aquired at lvl15)
[(W / 5) + L]d3 , which would make a total of 36d3 damage.

Mindcrafters are nice but there are some issues that are making me ponder.

Does the use of mindcraft power train Ma-score? I realised with a couple of chars that my ma score kept slowly going down. I came to think that maybe mindcrafts do not train Ma. Anyone have any facts about this?

------------------

I just want to comment that the confusion blast that crafters get early on, is very effiecient against most mobs. Normal wands or spells of confusion get shrugged off very often. The confusion blast gets resisted very rarely and it cannot be shrugged off. Plus, its cheap to cast.
I finished off a roomful of berserker emperors just by confusing them in a hallway and shooting them with bow and arrows. Nice trick, which I hadn't used before. Makes me think that hurthling archer/crafters could be nice.

Also, please share your experiences and good tactics and tips about playing mindcrafter in this thread.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 19 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 10:02 (GMT -5)

Keep all spellbooks you collect safe, and when you find a wand of wonder, keep zapping and recharging it. This should enable you to book-cast a lot of spells. Utility spells are very nice (And this enables you to train mana too).

Getting book-casting talents might be a good idea.

Confusion is very powerful yes, but then again there are those monsters that ignore it. To need to take special care of them.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4120 days, 23 hours, 42 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

L in fromulas stand for char level not learning, iirc.

i also had impression that mindcraft doesn't train mana.

i have memmories of mindcrafter who got precrowned with purifier. +wi, undead slayer, construct slayer. that was nice.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4039 days, 19 hours, 7 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 11:14 (GMT -5)

I had a mindcrafter crowned with Sun's Messenger once. I got him eaten by a grue.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5416 days, 11 hours, 25 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 11:24 (GMT -5)

Sun's messenger BAD for a mindcrafter? What are you huffing? Until 16, then 30, slugs, bugs, and stuffs will eat you. I would MUCH rather have that then some other random crowning one. My mindcrafter, until 30, wasn't incredible. Then, I kept using the first telekenetic blast against Eternal Guardian (then going down to rest, then repeat). I jumped 5 or so levels, and it rocked. It's incredibly fun sitting on D50 shooting all the casters when not near them.

To requin, as Soirana pointed out it's level not learning. Confusion does really help (ACW pops to my mind). In an old version mindcraft doesn't train mana, in new versions I belive so. My mindcrafters rarely get boosts in mana naturally. Books aren't needed, but do make the game alot easier.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 11:34 (GMT -5)

Hey, I didn't say I got him eaten by a grue ON PURPOSE. It was a frightening display of utter stupidity, nothing more!

Sun's Messenger kicks freaking ASS, especially for mindcrafters, who need the undead slaying and can learn weapon skills like any archer.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4210 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 19:13 (GMT -5)

Mindcraft doesn't train Mana, quite annoyingly. The only way to train it, as far as I'm aware, is to regen PP after casting spells. This makes book-casting a great way to train as you use far more PP.

Hurthlings make pretty good mindcrafters - the thrown rocks helps early on, and they level up fairly quick. Archery is one of the best skills in the game for anyone, but mincrafters get especially good use out of it.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3570 days, 20 hours, 47 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 02:58 (GMT -5)

I've been doing pretty well with Dark Elven mindcrafters born in the month of Candle lately... I have like 40 reincarnations of Kimmuriel :P I got to level 19 once, and he rocked. I don't think I've ever had such a powerful char, this guy was amazing... died in the arena by a moloch, though :(
I haven't thought about the spellbook "trick", I'll have to try it. I sacrificed books before, since DE deities love books.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3869 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 04:05 (GMT -5)

it's not recommended to fight in the arena after you become the champion unless you have a really strong char, since (almost) anything can appear there.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 06:51 (GMT -5)

I always fight in arena, good exp and cash. But I always make sure I have a special trick up my sleeve. Teleport self-ability will get you out of tough spots without fail (but next time you want to enter arena you will suffer some...)
Wand from Thundrarr quest #2 is usually enough to tackle lots of creatures too, like werewolf kings or berserker emperors. If molochs are generated they are so slow that you eventually should be able to get enough missile marks to kill it.
So I always do it for the money and exp.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3869 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 08:30 (GMT -5)

IIRC you don't get infinite weapon marks from a single creature
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 09:06 (GMT -5)

There's gotta be better ways to get experience than fighting in the arena, right?
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3570 days, 20 hours, 47 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 12:13 (GMT -5)

I don't know, fighting in the arena after winning the gladius = fast cash (1k even for a cave lizard), fast xp and the possibility of a nasty encounter :P
For the Horde!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 17:57 (GMT -5)

You get infinite marks against a single creature when using missile weapons. Like I said, missile :)

Of course you need enough missiles so you don't run out. And greater molochs regenerate, but still.

Exp is very good there, every monster gives a lot more exp than they usually do (due to being experienced). Check yourself how much exp you get from pretty easy midlevel monsters. Quite good.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5735 days, 8 hours, 20 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 20:37 (GMT -5)

I'm back:D

Arena is awesome, hands down. Artifacts are easily generated, especially if wyrms are generated, or vast exp if gm's are generated.

I am extremely jealous of you Soirana, since Purifier would be THE weapon for mindcrafters, plus Protector of course. I always do arena till Dak doesn't let me anymore, seeing as to how I can gain roughly 3 levels with most chars in it. It's easy if you just have plenty of the generic "slaying" ammo, that slays everything, and if you're skilled in bows or crossbows. Mindcrafters, combined with this, if they could do Arena infinitely, could make millions in arena, and reach lvl 50 in no time from GM's.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5574 days, 16 hours, 57 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 00:34 (GMT -5)

I wasn't hugely impressed by mindcrafters when I played them, and I probably have the stupidest possible reason for that: Area mindcraft powers take so long to cast that I don't want to wait for them. I also never specialize in willpower weapons; I keep fighting with my main class (typically polearms) and just switch to willpower weapons if I'm about to use a lot of mindcraft.

I did really like greater telekinetic blast, though. That's like having the ability to right-click on monsters and delete them.

I've hardly ever fought in the arena after getting the gladius.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: