Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Greater moloch bug

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

requin
Registered user
The shadow of the janitor

Last page view:

6192 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 12:37 (GMT -5)

There was I, with my lvl43 high elven archer, fending off a roomful of greater moloch. with slaying ammo and after lvl40 with any ammo, they were killed rather easily, got about 15 levels in that earth temple. When the molochs died they sometimes left a hulking armor behind. One of the molochs then picked the armor up and wore it. Before I noticed, I was killed by a quicklingspeed greater moloch. Its a bug, some say that when the moloch equips the armor, its speed goes below 0 and goes over the meter and becomes super fast. Damned.

That char was good, even though he didnt really have very good stats.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4237 days, 15 hours, 12 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 13:26 (GMT -5)

Ouch, hard way to lose a char :( I'd recommend that when facing roomfuls of greater molochs you lure them out one by one so that there's no chance of that happening.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5474 days, 6 hours, 37 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 13:47 (GMT -5)

Actually I heard it was the Dexterity going below zero therefore resulting in high speed but not so high has a (short?) unsigned integer which would be the effect of speed going below zero. Careful when casting slow monster on it though (even if you could)!
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
requin
Registered user
The shadow of the janitor

Last page view:

6192 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 14:14 (GMT -5)

Darren, I did lure them out one by one. they just walked the same corridors and stumbled upon the armors of the dead ones.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 15:18 (GMT -5)

Ah, well, I meant pick up the armours too, or at least kick them out of the way. They're dangerous things to have around.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5601 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 21:32 (GMT -5)

It could be debated that you should be allowed to restore a backup save. You were killed by a glitch, afterall.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5762 days, 5 hours, 7 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 at 18:18 (GMT -5)

It could also be debated as to whether an elf could kick 15000 stones worth of armor across the floor:D

"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 at 12:23 (GMT -5)

My elf did it earlier today - wasn't strong enough to lift it without crushing himself, but was able to kick it around the dungeon just fine.

(Got a GoGS later on though, as well as a Strength of Atlas spellbook, and I'm debating maybe smithing it up and training up Dx. Can't really be bothered with the effort though...)
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5474 days, 6 hours, 37 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 14:12 (GMT -5)

How do Molochs respond to water or Ice upon water? Will they cross it?

If they won't cross water or ice then an ice bridge (partially broken if molochs won't cross water but will cross ice) could server as an archer platform to attack GMs or uber GMs from. A boomerang of penetration would be the best weapon to use but demon slaying ammunition might work (its going to miss a lot from the high dx of the GM). I wonder how much xp an uber GM would give...
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: