Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Some general questions..

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

LMB
Registered user

Last page view:

6211 days, 23 hours, 31 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 03:58 (GMT -5)

So I killed the evil dark druid, and came back for the reward, but I don't remember what the druid told me to do..
I know I have to cross a river, and go east so I did that and I found some kind of dwarven city. Is it where I was suposed to go ?

And also for the dead puppy with the little girl.. Well I found the dead corpse, told the little girl that it s dead, and I didn't know what to do with the puppy.. Eat it, drop it, sacrifice it ?
So I sacrificied it and the god was unhappy. Hehehehe. But I least I laughed ! Is that a bad thing to sacrifice it ?
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5602 days, 21 hours, 12 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 04:48 (GMT -5)

If you found a dwarven city, you're probably on the right track. If you want to be completely spoiled so that you never have to figure something out yourself, try searching for "Adom Guidebook" in google.

You can 'g'ive the corpse to the girl, which is a small good deed.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
LMB
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 07:54 (GMT -5)

ok thank you, I also have 3 more questions then I ll be on my own (and yes, for now I'm cheating with savegames and stuff, but I need to understand the game first, before going hardcore !):

How to identify the #@%$^%$%&$ objects ?
My characters is a big and stupid orc beastwarrior. I think he can't read. Therefore I think he can't use spells due to his dumbness (or maybe I didn't find how to read them).

How can I be uncursed ? Can't I pay some kind of priest "a la baldur's gate". I had 2 cursed items, luckily they were broken during a fight

And finally, is there a way to restore lost strenght ? I think some kind of undead thingy attacked me, and I lost 2 in strenght. I only have 24 now :(

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/23/2007 at 07:55 (GMT -5) by LMB]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 20 hours, 57 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 07:55 (GMT -5)

You should go and talk to the druid for the reward, also if you bring the corpse of the black druid you'll get one Potion of Cure Corruption.

If you don't remember what you are supposed to do for a quest, you can always press 'q' to see which quests you are involved in at the moment.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
LMB
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 07:56 (GMT -5)

Yeah I talked to the druid, the problem is : I don't remember what he told me... I just remember go west and cross the river.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4149 days, 3 hours, 58 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 08:04 (GMT -5)

that is not a extra quest. he just told you general direction of gameplay.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Silfir
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 09:25 (GMT -5)

Well, if you can't (r)ead the scrolls due to not having the Literacy skill (orcish beastfighters never have it), boo for you. HOWEVER, there is some dude somewhere in the game that might be able to help you. Or not. (Was that vague enough? ;) Remember to talk to the dude about 'quest'.)

Uncursing works wonderfully with the right kind of scroll. Oh, you can't read? Hm. Then getting your cursed stuff destroyed works too. Or dipping it in holy water. (I sure hope you didn't DRINK all that water you found. I know I did in the beginning when I thought water was useless.)

The only way to restore your lost strength? HUSTLE! (Or eat giant corpses, but that would require you to kill the giants first - not always trivial ;) )
LMB
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 10:06 (GMT -5)

oh yeah i already killed a few giants. and hum... What's HUSTLE ??
And for the potions, since i ve a lot of strength i can carry a lot of stuff, so i kept most of them.
I'll try to find this dude (i remember once i ate some kind of mage corpse and then i could read, but i died just a few minutes after in a deadly ambush)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/23/2007 at 10:06 (GMT -5) by LMB]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5141 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 13:08 (GMT -5)

You need to read the manual for the main quest. "Coming of Chaos" and that stuff. You quest is obviously to stop the incursion of chaos. All the in-game assigned quests are optional, and not necessary to complete the game. They are often very helpful, though. But when you run out of things to do, you need to work your way down in the big dungeon (where you found dwarf city, yes).

You are in spoiler forum, but do not look like you belong here quite yet, so I put next bit of info in black:

Spoiler
Consider your main quest "Getting strong enough to complete game, then complete it." The dungeons near starting location help in this regard. When you dive down the "Dwarf"-dungeon (actually Cavern of Chaos) there are really 3 side-quests, 2 you should do but can skip, and 1 you absolutely need to do. These side-quests need to be completed in different dungeons.
1. First is the portal quest, it is assigned by the dwarf. He will open portal if you help him, and he will also give you some useful items. You can bypass this by killing the kindly old dwarf and working the lever yourself.
2. Second is the fire-wall quest. to bypass this flame wall you need an item. This cannot be skipped. It is located in a warm place.
3. Third is eternal guardian quest. He will step aside if you have a certain item from another dungeon, but can be killed in a certain way to enable you to pass through.

However, usually best way to play it by the natural order, because you will pick up both items and experience while completing the lesser tasks.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4067 days, 23 hours, 23 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

To hustle means to exercise, right? I'm not english myself, that's just how I understood the word.

Exercising, yeah. Represented by the Athletics skill. High values increase the chance to get increases in strength with level-up.

Spoiler
The "dude", incidentally, is the dwarven elder Thrundarr, who was also mentioned in the above spoiler. And the corpse you ate was a dark sage corpse. That one works too, but dark sages are rare and their corpses even rarer.

You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Ipatiplakat
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 at 12:26 (GMT -5)

[Spam post deleted]

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/1/2007 at 15:51 (GMT -5) by Ekaterin]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 1 hour, 3 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 at 13:49 (GMT -5)

Wow, haven't seen a bot on this forum in the past 2-3 years.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 4 hours, 16 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 at 15:51 (GMT -5)

There was a spate of spam last year - I thought Jan had done something to block it though.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: