Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Upcoming Challenge: Roleplay

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5114 days, 1 hour, 55 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 07:11 (GMT -5)

I've thought up a character to "roleplay". This character is none other than my most-used MUD-character. I played Durismud for along while, pretty cool pkill mud, teamwork and high-levelzones and all that stuff. My first successful character there was "Molach" - Gnomish Sorcerer.
So my set of restrictions:
Race: Gnome Class: Wizard
*No eating corpses (corpses were inedible in the mud)
*No prayers (there were "gods" or admins, but they never granted any favors, just fixed bugs and designed monsters/areas)
*Only allowed to use spells that appeared in the MUD. Which are: Bless, Burning Hands, All cure/healing spells, Darkness, Destroy undead, Earthquake, Fireball, Identify, Invisibility, Know alignment, Light, Lightning bolt, Magic missile, Remove curse, Slow monster, Teleportation, Web. I might still accidently read a wrong book, but never cast the spell (see next point why)
*No picking up scrolls (they were useless/nonexistant in MUD). Guess no pyramid for Molach, which is fine, as there was no pyramid zone in this mud. I think (Big world). Potions and Wands were somewhat more important in the mud and will be allowed. So that will give me PoCC and Unicorn quest to combat corruptions with. Will be interesting.
*Artifacts can only be worn/wielded for a certain time, then they must be dropped. The mud (thankfully) had one-of-a-kind artifacts, but unless you engaged in player vs. player combat, they would after a while fly back to their home areas (highlevel zones which 20 people had to work together to clear). Since ADOM has no pvp, I guess my artifacts will disappear over time when worn. So I guess I wont be able to simply chuck the fire orb in toolslot for the remainder either...

I think this will generate enough challenge for the usually-easy wizard class.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/16/2007 at 07:16 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 20 hours, 1 minute and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 11:45 (GMT -5)

Ouch, no scrolls is heavy - hope you get an identify spellbook early :/ You'll still be able to get to the pyramid though - the scroll is just a way of letting you know you've hit the right level. You don't have to touch it to get in.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/16/2007 at 11:46 (GMT -5) by Darren Grey]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 22 hours, 24 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 13:21 (GMT -5)

And you'd better hope to find lots of PoCC's...
For the Horde!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 20 hours, 1 minute and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 14:17 (GMT -5)

Haha, well at least he won't be eating those chaotic corpses.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5736 days, 9 hours, 56 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 15:25 (GMT -5)

The artifact restriction thing is kinda harsh in my opinion....i think that it will prove very difficult unless you find eternium a lot....I personally don't consider wizards easy, they're not hard, but not easy....
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 20 hours, 1 minute and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 17:02 (GMT -5)

Wizards need artifacts least of all, I'd say. But if he finds something like Preserver or BoW it would be so very hard to let go... He can't get precrownings anyway, so at least there won't be any torture from that.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

5736 days, 9 hours, 56 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 18:34 (GMT -5)

Well, I've been playing Ultimate Spiderman for my PC too much lately, so I'm gonna unleash my wrath as Venom this time, and i've got a plan

Venom, dark elven(they are black like Venom) monk
Chaotic all the time
Use fists and whips(whips are tentacles)
NO armor
No spells, except web
No limits on stats except mana, doesn't need to be high at end
OCG ending, since Venom always loses against spiderman in the end
(are whips of the snake vulnerable to fire...?)
Slay at least 1000 spiders

I figured that trolls just level up too slow, and that orcs are black like Venom. It will be extremely easy to feed ratling, since I have no need for armor and weapons except whips. If I get poison hands I will be SO LUCKY.....

EDIT: Thanks Darren
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/16/2007 at 19:04 (GMT -5) by nOOb-mAsTeR]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 20 hours, 1 minute and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 19:00 (GMT -5)

I'm surprised you haven't gone for the obvious choice of dark elf, since they have affinity with spiders (and can chow down on them nicely too). If you got 2 whips of the snake that'd be amazing :) Also, shouldn't you allow yourself the web spell at least? Poison wands should be used extensively too if you find them :)
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

5736 days, 9 hours, 56 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 19:03 (GMT -5)

How stupid of me!!!Thanks Darren for that. I'll allow the web spell. I've always been curious as to why there is no paralyzation/poison spells...there should be a poison hands spell....
Prince Adam
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 16:48 (GMT -5)

My motivation died with my latest char, a promising hurthling necromancer *sob* so I now decided to try this roleplaying idea...
And the result:
HE-MAN, the master of universe
human barbarian with blue eyes and blonde hair

fighting with fists or two-handed swords (how very convenient as human barbarians always start with such a weapon, heir gift might come in question also)
No spells (except gems and wands), no ranged attacks, maybe throwing the two-handed sword. Only girdles, bracers and boots are allowed. I shall allow pick pocketing and smithing to myself cause without artefacts the bodywear might not give enough DV&PV bonuses. Strenght to 99 or as far it goes by any means (the strongest man in the universe)...All the lawfull quests. No grave digging.

Tame a cave tiger ASAP and name it "Gringer" (there can be only one it must stay alive or the whole thing has failured) Gringer can only be left behind on D49.It can be commanded to wait on the same level because everyone knows that Gringer fears everything before it gets its armor and becomes Battlecat. Its a shame that you can't armor pets in ADOM...

Hawkslayer shall be my loyal companion Gunman
Ancient Stone Beast shall be Beast Man
Andy will be Skeletor :D

Vanquisher is of course the ultimate weapon.
I aim for ULE of course because HE-MAN is one of the Masters of the Universe, bouncing of alignment is ok in the early game because someone has to do some mistakes in every episode and the lesson is learned in the end.

"BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!!!"

Dark Knight
Registered user

Last page view:

6008 days, 19 hours, 7 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 12:50 (GMT -5)

I propose

Robin Hood:

human thief, he must be always neutral
he can use only daggers, staves and bows.
He must reach grand mastery in bows.

He should give to beggars all the maney he stole
from enemies.

He should dress with light gear:
no mail allowed, no metal thing allowed, no
thing heavier than 100 lb (the weight of a leather armor)

He cannot wear precious things: no ring, no amulet
He's a thief that share all with poor people, so he cannot show that he is rich.
Ok Maybe we can allow some poor material ring, i.e. only the wooden ring.
(pray that the ring of ice is
a wooden ring)

If you like it, you may rename Hawkslayer.
You can imagine how.

He cannot harm peaceful people or mosters.
He should try to steal something from all
unique hostile enemy.
In darkness there is a light,
but you can't see it.
Dark Knight
Registered user

Last page view:

6008 days, 19 hours, 7 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 12:52 (GMT -5)

I forgot: no spells.
In darkness there is a light,
but you can't see it.
**ChaoSmufFin
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 at 02:29 (GMT -5)

Ha, this sounded fun..

Ill try a Druss the Legend in my own time, maybe a Waylander also.
Wish adom had a Gladiator class, then i could be Bane or Rage..
nevered
Registered user

Last page view:

6079 days, 17 hours, 59 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 at 16:34 (GMT -5)

A trio of characters:

Fezzik - Troll Beastfighter

specializing in unarmed fighting and thrown rocks, he must remain neutral

has to get the 'courage' skill asap (is that the one that helps you fight multiple enemies at the same time? if not, tactics, then)

armor is restricted to nonmetal girdles, nonmetal boots, nonmetal bracers, and armor with the word 'clothes' in it. you know: pauper clothes.

no scrolls or wands.

Vizzini - gnome thief

must get and remain chaotic asap

specializing in daggers.

same 'pauper clothes' restrictions as Fezzik, though not so strict: rings, scrolls, and wands are allowed, as are less valuable gloves and bracers.

must not, at any time, gain the 'poison resistant' intrinsic.

Inigo - Human fighter

specializes in swords, wielded only one at a time, in either hand, and no shields.

neutral

'pauper clothes' restrictions, and 'no magic' (though i suppose potions are OK)

if it can be generated (are there programs that can do this?) starts with the artifact sword 'Nonnak' (to simulate his father's sword, since the only other artifact swords are wither two handed, black, or rune covered)

If not, an eternium sword will suffice.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: