Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / YASD

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

5644 days, 10 hours, 24 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 at 19:11 (GMT -5)

Grey elven wizard, I forget the level, killed by a cave lion. This happened to me on my way to a vacation while traveling.

At any rate, I'm walking down a long hall, and I see comming down the corridor towards me, a cave lion. Naturally I start going the other way. What do I see? Another cave lion. My spell list is very nice, I had acid bolt, lightning bolt, fire ball, ice ball, cure light wounds, cure disease, and stun ray, but no teleport. Well anyway, I get trapped between the two, sending me rushing for the little-used and rather useless "Swap places" command, which just tells me that the cave lion (either one) resists, no matter how many times I try, and weather or not they are stunned. I occasionally manage to stun one of them (I hardly ever use the spell so it was barely at +1, plus they seem to be resistant) and get it to stagger backwards down the very long (20+ sections) hallway. This is tedious and used up all my PP. While waiting, one of the cave lions got the better of me on a critical and killed me. Stupid cave lions. Cats, along with the permanent nature of stat drain (I've had characters effectively "killed" by it), are the two most annoying things about this game...
Battle Bunny: "Ach, maybe his Christian altar was stepped on.
By a moloch."
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4210 days, 18 hours, 48 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 at 19:57 (GMT -5)

As a wizard never forget the good old Ventriloquism skill. And with any character choose killing kitties over dying yourself. Even if you get the ring you're likely to kill a cat by accident at some point and lose it.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5735 days, 8 hours, 44 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 at 20:03 (GMT -5)

I was going to say what Darren did, Ventriloquism is an awesome skill, second best thing to being a mindcrafter if you have that skill at 100. Almost EVERY major monster in the game is affected by it...that's why gnomes are nice.

And yeah, cats really aren't worth dying over. And did you happen to have any potions of exchange or raw chaos?
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

5644 days, 10 hours, 24 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

I had neither. And I never have lost the ring once I've gotten it, when I see cats after I get it, I take it off, snuff the cat right away, and put it back on. Neat and tidy like that. I've also gotten good at locking their furry asses into rooms. Seven League Boots are handy for this, but Slow monster works well.
Battle Bunny: "Ach, maybe his Christian altar was stepped on.
By a moloch."
Frim
Registered user
playing since gamma 12

Last page view:

6141 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 12:35 (GMT -5)

If I see no way out, I kill the cat. In my previous two games I've won, cat lord was a formidable enemy (that was easily killed both times though, mindcrafting him was probably the easiest way I've killed him in 8 years of playing ADOM:)
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5574 days, 17 hours, 20 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 21:36 (GMT -5)

You can't switch places with hostile monsters, no matter how many times you try. (Unless you have that ability as a class power.)
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: