Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / The Stone Giant Lord

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4770 days, 18 hours, 37 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 04:17 (GMT -5)

Went to HMV, for the first time in many games, the stone giant lord was there. Normally he takes offence to me very quickly, but this time nothing.

Will he remain peaceful, or should I kill him when I get back there?.

FYI - I'm playing a Dark Elven Wizard, lvl 15.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 10 hours, 38 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 05:02 (GMT -5)

I've had non-nostile stone giants and stone giants lords, and they haven't turned hostile yet. Not even when robbing the shop...
For the Horde!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 06:15 (GMT -5)

It could be that he simply hasn't noticed you if your Stealth skill is decent. However if he is properly non-hostile (as in you get asked if you're sure you want to attack him) then he should remain non-hostile. Sometimes though swapping places with monsters can make them turn hostile, so be careful if doing that.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3898 days, 6 hours, 32 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

How exactly do you swap places with a huge piece of rock :D
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4598 days, 22 hours, 21 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 13:47 (GMT -5)

Those guys are huge trouble. Set yourself to coward, equip the best shield you have, and keep a potion of boost speed or wands that do damage at the ready, even a scroll or spell of darkness could save you. He could turn on you at any moment, for no reason at all.

I've lost a few promising characters to the rocks and bludgeoning of that damnable Stone Giant Lord, but it's usually avoidable if you're careful. The worst thing is getting pelted with rocks from a distance when you realize you're in over your head and try to run for your life. They do massive damage, and if he scores a critical, you're done. In the early game, they're as bad as Titans.

IIRC, they have a good chance of Strength or Toughness boost if they leave a corpse and you eat it.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4149 days, 13 hours, 33 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 14:41 (GMT -5)

i do remember one char who met two hostile stone giant lords in HMW. wasn;t that hard as you describe.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4598 days, 22 hours, 21 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 19:10 (GMT -5)

Well depending on how you're equipped. If you can bolt them, or do high enough damage to get past their significant PV, then it's not so bad.

Also need good DV/PV of your own or they'll smack you around real hard.

Characters are around level 7 to 10 at that point? Usually mine have crap for gear at that stage.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 10 hours, 38 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2007 at 02:23 (GMT -5)

I always try to find the stairway in the SMC, then get Healing or kill Kranach. Next stop is the PC, then I rush through the SMC to the UD. When I get to HMV I'm usually lv. 12-14, depends on race. But for wizards it's really tough to beat a stone giant lord, the always seem to shrug off my bolts. Thank God for Burning Hands.
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: