Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Artifact generation

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Blacklion
Registered user
Jellies... BAH!

Last page view:

4996 days, 3 hours, 41 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 09:45 (GMT -5)

When exactly is an artifact generated? The moment you enter the level the artifact is on? The moment you see the artifact? Some other way?
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 10:09 (GMT -5)

I can't be sure, but I would assume different artifact generation triggers would work in unique ways. For example, artifacts created by the random generation of a named guardian or vault would, presumably, trigger when entering the level. However, random lucky artifact drops or pick-pocketing would probably only trigger once the relative action had been completed (i.e. successfully kill or pick pocket monster).
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4589 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 11:48 (GMT -5)

I believe you always get the message "You feel a surge of power!" when you enter a level where there is an artifact. So yeah, the moment you enter the level and the level is randomly generated. Other times, a monster may randomly drop one, when a monster dies, a roll for it's treasure table is done, and an artifact may be generated that way.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4229 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 12:15 (GMT -5)

Random artifacts from surges of power and vaults are always generated upon entering the level (you can see them with a wand of item detection if they don't get immediately picked up). Most predetermined artifacts protected by guardians (like the Chaos Orbs and the black torc) are only generated when that creature is killed. There are some exceptions to this though - I'm pretty sure Moon Sickle and the elemental gauntlets are generated lying on the ground.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3888 days, 19 hours, 21 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 13:59 (GMT -5)

The Sword of Nonnak is generated when you gid up the grave.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Blacklion
Registered user
Jellies... BAH!

Last page view:

4996 days, 3 hours, 41 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 16:21 (GMT -5)

Yes,I was actually mostly after these guaranteed artifacts. I just forgot on which level moon sickle was, and I was afraid to continue my journey in fear of losing a pre-crown chance.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: