Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Hurthlings sacrificing

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

JerkyTreat
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 at 14:47 (GMT -5)

Ok...I'm working on this to see how it goes, but wonder if anyone has experimented with it...Since hurthlings supposedly get extra bonuses for sac'ing cooked meals, could you just go to the arena and buy like a 100 cooked lizards and sac them for a precrowning? What do you think?
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3598 days, 22 hours, 22 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

Nah, it won't work. You get this message if you try to ratling food:
Suddenly -deity- speaks to you. *YOU DARE TO OFFER THE CRAP SOLD BY RATLING TRADERS?* *FORGET IT!* The -ratling fodder- disappears.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4149 days, 1 hour, 17 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 at 16:01 (GMT -5)

but gold and dwarfs have nice synergy
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 20 hours and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 at 19:05 (GMT -5)

Cooked lizards don't properly count as cooked food anyway - only actual cooked corpses work. Farming herbs is still better.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
zv
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 at 19:44 (GMT -5)

Not really. Cooked corpses are more easily available than herbs and you don't have to lose time doing really nothing at all to get them (unlike herbs) and you don't need herbalism to use them. So, in right circumstances, cooking corpses is the way to go.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 at 19:51 (GMT -5)

It depends on what alignment you are. I think most corpses I get are orc or jackal, jackal corpses being more common (because of jackalweres). So if you're not N, you could spend 30 min in the Big Room and get like 100 spider, jackal and wolf corpses.
For the Horde!
Jerk yTreat
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 00:25 (GMT -5)

yeah i just got the crap message...how depressing. was looking for an easy pre-crowning...
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5613 days, 2 hours, 56 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 02:52 (GMT -5)

zv: but getting cooked corpses requires either

a. cooking skill and cooking set
or
b. some means of heating the corpses (wand of fire, fire spell)

however, method a takes much time to perform and method b has the risk of destroying the corpses. I still prefer using herbs. Even without herbalism it is still possible to get enough herbs for crowning (though it will take MUCH longer) if one has a nice 2 by 2 square containing stoma.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
zv
Registered user

Last page view:

5659 days, 20 hours, 15 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 05:19 (GMT -5)

The Real J. : we're talking hurthlings here, so cooking and a cooking set included (and Food Preservation).

I saw a char who did 4 precrowns and still did the pyramid thanks to cooking only, no herbs. Of course, it's possible with herbs too, but the cooking way is less boring to do so.

Of course, I'm not saying it's always better than herbs - probably only non-neutral hurthlings are compatible with this method - but it's at least a break from usual 'gather all herbs' route.

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 08:57 (GMT -5)

4 precrowns? He must have planned everything very carefully... that means he got his last precrown in the Pyramid.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 10:08 (GMT -5)

I'm not so sure about the 4 precrowns and pyramid. He would have had to get 3 precrownings before pyramid which would mean that the next precrown would require level 17, so he must do the pyramid before that, which creates 2 artifacts pushing the level requirement to 23. This is only if he hasn't visited dwarftown, which would have created the si, which would pushe the level requirement to 26.

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying it's a huge waste of time
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4149 days, 1 hour, 17 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 10:29 (GMT -5)

c'mmon. you can get lv 17 in the pyramid before generating artifacts. pray and hope to have enough piety.
pretty known method. done that ages ago. actually i have problems with collecting saccable stuff for third precrown...
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 at 10:47 (GMT -5)

It's doable, but you'd probably have to start collecting and saccing corpses from level 5 or something. Unless you have a pet that kills the monsters for you.
For the Horde!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5141 days, 1 hour, 54 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 at 07:46 (GMT -5)

Live-Saccing gives exp, as does killing stuff to make corpses, so if I was desperate for precrowns and also to do the Pyramid I would rely on massive amount of blessed stomofillia. Gather it while exping to level 16, close to 17. Then sac it all (L would be preferable, otherwise you need some way to change alignment without spending too much time), enter pyramid, kill a few monsters to level, and pray for precrowns. You could do all 4 in one go (which would probably be more effificient, but require you to know how much piety you need). I don't know, mabye 1000 stomofillia would be enough? I have done 3 once, but never bothered with more.

Of course, if you have a character who has generated 3 artifacts by accident, then this can be a good way to get your only precrown and still do pyramid. Then your piety wouldn't have to be so super-sky high.

The hyper-artifact character would enter with some way to get to exp.level 50, and enough piety to be precrowned 14 times.

So

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/7/2007 at 07:49 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 at 08:00 (GMT -5)

Sac 10k stomafilias, or probably more, and enter the Pyramid with a RoDS or wand of wishing and a way to kill greater molochs. Then wish for emperor moloch a couple of times, and voilá: lv 50.
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: