Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / YASD - bug bites

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4596 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 at 13:19 (GMT -5)

Melchior, the level 19 Dark Elven Priest, decided he was powerful enough to enter the bug cave. He changed his equipment and set his tactics to the cowardly sort, achieving a DV of 100. He drank a blessed PoBS and had 137 speed. His first few magical attacks blasted numerous bugs in bursts of hellish flames, and he readied his heavenly fury, but once he became surrounded and suffered 24 attacks in one round, he was quickly slain. 149 HPs was not a sufficient amount, perhaps with higher toughness (19 at the time) and more levels, he would have perservered.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3596 days, 22 hours, 38 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 at 15:45 (GMT -5)

You probably should've changed the name from Melchior to Kamikaze before entering the Temple :P
For the Horde!
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5611 days, 3 hours, 12 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 02:29 (GMT -5)

Well, in 1.1.x the bug temple is apparently MUCH harder than in 1.0.0 as the bugs now see invisible (and apparently can even fight in the dark - urgh!). I wouldn't be going there in 1.1.x unless I had a char with 99 Wi, some nice ball spell at effectivity 30+, speed at around 1000 and lots of HP and PP...
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4147 days, 1 hour, 33 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 04:57 (GMT -5)

c'mmon, it' not that bad. still i usually look for wi48+, hp 300+, spd 120+, teleport control+well charged wand of teleportation.

i did it a couyple times with lv50 archer, actually was cakewalk.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5611 days, 3 hours, 12 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 05:01 (GMT -5)

Soirana: the overland part may be manageable but how about the temple. AFAIK in 1.1.x the temple is no-teleport so that wand is not much use unless the bugs can be teleported away but even that is not much help in the starting room.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4147 days, 1 hour, 33 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 05:22 (GMT -5)

i know this. part of hp 300+ was for entering.

quaff boost of speed, descend, fireball(wand or spell), fireball, quaff PoUH, fireball till all dead.

bugs don't shrugg of bolts very much so for rest part of temple they shouldn't touch you.
and i usually lock all side rooms with bugs. i finish them later on.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4236 days, 20 hours, 16 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 07:47 (GMT -5)

If you want to melee it then you need around 600+ hp at the very least, high speed, a really strong weapon that'll kill them in one hit, DV around 150+ on Defensive tactics, and plenty of extra/ultra healing potions. And really, bug temple should rarely be attempted before you're level 40.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4768 days, 6 hours, 37 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 11:05 (GMT -5)

Well worth the trip with a level 40 wizard.
With Wi 48+, Acid ball simply wipes them all out.
Once the first room is cleared, just get them in the coridors. If your stealth is 100, they rarely move, and with Farsight and bolt spells, its too easy.

Its nothing more than a side quest really, not enough exp for that stage of the game, not enough challenge to really make it worth while.
Worth the SOCR that are on offer, but otherwise its just a brief distraction.

Of more value is the overland when low level. Wizards can fly up levels with the bugs on offer. But caution is required, I never stray from the edge of the area. If any get close, I step out into wilderness, and escape.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: