Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Kill Hotzenplotz

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4598 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 at 13:40 (GMT -5)

Is there a way to make him hostile without losing alignment? He seems to always be neutral, and I lose a whole level of alignment (from N= to N-) attacking him in order to complete the quest Tywat Pare gives.

I tried something new. My character stood in his little house and "accidentally" set off a wand of fireballs. I figured since she wasn't directly targetting any of them, it wouldn't be counted. I was wrong. This generated the amusing message "Grunge/Munge/Hotzenplotz does not seem to be amused." LOL. Unfortunately, it dropped me 3 levels of alignment (from N- to C) and I became a fallen champion yet again. I guess you lose 1 level of aligntment for each nonhostile you damage.

Is it impossible to avoid losing alignment and still complete this quest? Does the lawful boost negate the chaotic drop?
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 21 hours, 50 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 at 13:48 (GMT -5)

you can fire an arrow past hotzenplotz, which will make him hostile, but won't drop your alignment
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 at 14:32 (GMT -5)

Aha! So, does that arrow have to include him in it's path? That is, the yellow ***** has to go over him, and the yellow X on a spot behind him?

@***@***X

Or just shooting near him, without the shot trail going straight across him?

@******X
@

?

"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 1 hour, 56 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 at 18:06 (GMT -5)

I always try to kill Hotzenplotz before level 15, and the alignment drop is insignificant, the biggest drop I got was from N= to N-. Then I talk to the Sheriff and he boosts my alignment to N= or N+ again.
For the Horde!
netlava
Registered user

Last page view:

6029 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 03:06 (GMT -5)

Either you kill Hotzenplotz too late, or get crowned too early. Plus it's fun running around C-
Snwo aval ten
netlava
Registered user

Last page view:

6029 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 03:07 (GMT -5)

Either you kill Hotzenplotz too late, or get crowned too early. Plus it's fun running around C-
Snwo aval ten
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 21 hours, 50 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

yes, the path of the arrow must go right through Hotzenplotz
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 15:07 (GMT -5)

So what netlava is saying, is that alignment hits aren't as severe at lower levels, or before you are crowned? Like after you are crowned, you're expected to behave more?

Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4068 days, 16 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 05:06 (GMT -5)

Nah, if you're in the upper ranges of N or L, you can take that hit of killing Hotzenplotz. With an amulet of balance it's even safer.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5763 days, 13 hours, 29 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 at 15:27 (GMT -5)

Oh and btw: dont use wands of poison on Hotzy and his bouncers...you won't get credit for kill from Twyatt or Monster Memory. They either die of poisoning, or kill themselves in rage. Nice thing is that they don't attack you though, so you can wait for them to get down to critical condition if you don't care about alignment drop, and just kill them when they're really weak from poison.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5475 days, 14 hours, 59 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 12:48 (GMT -5)

Why use poison when two or three charges from a wand of fire goes the whole way with less risk?
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5763 days, 13 hours, 29 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 21:03 (GMT -5)

I was lvl 13, trollish barbarian, trying NOT to lose alignment, since I was close to L+, and had enough piety for crowning. Said barbarian is currently in ToEF without enough resistance to fire (my first char in ToEF without enough resistance or immunity).
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4806 days, 43 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 03:06 (GMT -5)

I just did this quest, was N+ at the start, shoot hotty, N, shoot grunge N- shoot munge CN then the rattling key guy atacks me so i kill him C, a beggar atacks me and i kill him too. Wtf i only hit Hotz first the other guys started it. Sherif boosted me up to . . C and the amulet of order is hurting too much for prolonged wearing. Kinda sucky when u want to get a L alter in dwarftown.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 1 hour, 56 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 04:22 (GMT -5)

Once you attack Hotzenplotz, most of the creatures on the level become hostile. When they come to attack you, just shoot an arrow past them then kill them. The alignment drop should be minimal.
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: