Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Gnomish Piety: Gems or Gold

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sierim
Registered user

Last page view:

6081 days, 23 hours, 56 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 at 14:39 (GMT -5)

I've been fiddling with a Gnomish mindcrafter lately, and something came to mind. The gnomish gods like gems, but selling gems gets you a fair bit of money. That caused me to wonder...would it be better to sac the gems or sell them and sac the gold?

Anyone know?
Z
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 at 08:25 (GMT -5)

I am not sure, but I suppose that how much gods like something is proportional to their value. This is modified (multiplied) if the item is of the right class (gems), and maybe it is also changed for gold.

So, if you should sac gems as gems, you receive the special bonus. If you sac gems as gold, you don't receive that bonus (unless gods like gold specifically), and also this gold is less valuable than gems.
Sierim
Registered user

Last page view:

6081 days, 23 hours, 56 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 at 08:46 (GMT -5)

That makes sense, though I wonder if it isn't a cumulative modifier but instead simply a raw number bonus (otherwise Trolls would be getting the short end of the stick when it came to pleasing the gods).
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4571 days, 38 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 at 13:47 (GMT -5)

It's been my experience that gold and live sacrifices trump gods item preferences in most cases as far as the amount of piety you can get. I think the item preference is more helpful in the beginning & at low levels.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5736 days, 28 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 16:49 (GMT -5)

yeah, like trollish elemntalists/miners/monnks that just shatter a whole level then sac all the rocks for massive piety
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Portrait
**cHAoTicChaOs**
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

5960 days, 4 hours, 48 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 19:04 (GMT -5)

I dO tHat witH pC2. LeT The AnTs DriLl ouT thE leVel, thEn i ReAP thE RewaRds..
.vultuous.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 16 hours, 27 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 12:10 (GMT -5)

With troll characters (or anyone with gemology) the ants even manage to dig out gems and crystals too. Magic!

Start a Trollish Druid, go to PC2 and you should get a heap of ore and gems to sell.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5799 days, 6 hours, 50 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 17:29 (GMT -5)

And as for me, I just go dwarf (literally :)) and forget about this whole issue and instead just sacrifice $$$ and more of it!
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 17:40 (GMT -5)

Are the dwarf gods Ferengi or something? And after a dwarf dies, he is sent to the Divine Treasury?

(Have been watching too much Deep Space Nine lately)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: