Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Exp. needed

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Mankeli
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 at 15:06 (GMT -5)

My lvl 26 trollish barbarian is going for an ultra ending. However tha char is 19 levels short of getting the filk quest. Alreydy done all the temples excluding air, the multiheaded chaos thing, and srraakex quest. Does this char have any hope of ever reaching exp. level 45?
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5798 days, 20 hours, 23 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 at 15:11 (GMT -5)

Trolls level slowly, so just do other stuff. Like, do the air temple, do any quest you might not have done yet, go into the library, even, if you haven't already, if for nothing else at least for the weird tome. You should be able to reach level 45 with none to minimal leveling if you *really* explore everything you can, even with a troll.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 2 hours, 28 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 at 15:19 (GMT -5)

You could try the minotaur maze... or the Bug Temple. Not that much XP but you should gain a level? in there.
For the Horde!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5635 days, 19 hours and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 at 16:13 (GMT -5)

What's your speed? Having high speed really diminishes the exp you gain for killing things. Remove things like rings of speed and such, heck, wear boots of the slow shuffle if you wish :)

In earlier versions, having speed lower than 100 increased the exp you gain from killing monsters, but that effect has been lessened so it's not very useful. So you don't have to go that low.

Your barbarian will still be faster than monsters on his feet because of his special class power(and 7LBs if you have them), and will attack faster than monsters with equal speed because of his weapon skill.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/9/2007 at 16:14 (GMT -5) by J.]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 6 hours and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 at 16:50 (GMT -5)

Slow monster on self still works pretty well.

I think you need to find things that REALLY give a lot of exp, namely Greater molochs, Greater titans and the like. Wish for emperor moloch. And to do that, scum for a wish (and random wandering molochs/balors/titans) somewhere dangerous :)

I often hit level 50 with Trolls, but that is only because of the balors on D:50 itself. Which is no use here.

The anomaly guardians on D:48 are worth a bit of exp too, specially the earth one, I think. Make yourself slow for him, he is not that hard-hitting.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/9/2007 at 16:53 (GMT -5) by Molach]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5735 days, 14 hours, 1 minute and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 at 20:01 (GMT -5)

With Trolls, you have to keep the endgame in mind the whole time. From teh very beginning, you should just kill kill kill everything you see(chaotic is the only way for me with troll) and do every quest you can no matter how useless(dwarven artificer) because some of the monsters involved have nice exp, like shopkeepers,etc. And hang out in the big room for awhile in earlier game, it can gain several levels fast, and provides a break from the questing at dwarftown, which I advise destroying ^.^
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Portrait
**cHAoTicChaOs**
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

5959 days, 18 hours, 21 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 04:49 (GMT -5)

Kill The Water Dargon While Slowed (potions of wonder)and Bloated.

Also.

Boots of Slow Shuffle
Armour of Sloth
and STRAINED!!

But geT hEr To Critically Hurt First...
.vultuous.
Mankeli
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

Ok, thanks! My speed is about 180 without items. I kinda wandered why the multiheaded chaos dragon wielded so little exp. Didn't know speed had anything to do with anything.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5735 days, 14 hours, 1 minute and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 18:14 (GMT -5)

I dunno how you get a troll's speed insanely high unless you're a wizard/assassin/bard or lucky guy with alchemy who can afford to get high speed from quickling tree and lengthen life span. That's why the balance of medium life span races is good,like gnomes for instance.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 6 hours and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 01:38 (GMT -5)

Eating big nasty claw bugs also has a certain speed-ish effect. And a barbarian (indeed,any troll) has athletics. Quickling lordes and regulaires also could be the cause here.

Or just potions of quickling blood.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: