Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Day in the Life of Klawina

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5139 days, 1 hour, 1 minute and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 at 16:28 (GMT -5)

Whispering voices...swirling mist...shapes of men, beasts, dwarves, elves...a vague idea of heaven and hell. Where am I? Am I dead, and in the afterlife? I was cornered, trapped inside a small room, the was a lesser Daemon and a dark orc. I bested the one, but the other worsted me. The pain, ringing of noise, then blackness....

Around me voices speaking. To someone else, it seems. But gradually I become aware that the voices are speaking to me. "Another incarnation waiting.....chaos....must die....next vessel is ready..."
I know that on my dying day, it was the month of the Unicorn. The month of Grace, Beauty, Purity, Innocence, Dignity. And I know that some mystics of the Ancient Domains have long belived in the reincarnation of being, rather than eternal afterlife. Then I sense vagueness becoming solid form, my mind starts to blank out, and again blackness takes me...

Klawina was her name, and cried when she was born. The month of the Unicorn meant she was a pretty child, not touched by chaos, and strangely enough, showed some sense of duty and honour, notmally not found in the evil chaotic Troll tribes. Being female, she learnt no other specialization but that of tilling the earth. She was hard-working, but restless. At age 11 she forever left her home and family. What became of her her parents never knew. This tale is dedicated to her memory...

Okay, here I take over. Welcome to ADOMs first DitL, or Day in the Life. The life of Klawing, Troll Farmer, born in the month of the Darn Unicorn (Random everything, even questions). Day in the Life...was 100% inspired by the similar DitL of ToME (another roguelike). What I shall do, is play out a game of ADOM. I will try to talk tactics and even strategies and therefore have placed this in the spoiler forum. However, the game is IN PROGRESS, I am writing while I play. So it might be very short, and might drag on and on. We shall see.

This also means that even though the early game may look familiar to un-spoilt forummers, there might suddenly come some spoily ramblings from me. Be warned.

Of course, the character is not even fully born yet, she is waiting for me to pick two talents. I consider Troll a hard race to play. The strength and Toughness makes the early game very easy, but the slow levelling can really cause problems, typically midgame, or even early-mid game. Levels really matter. Also short lifespan means I need to live fast and die young. Farmer is a hard starting class, weak armor and weapons (I think, however, that this Troll one might have a huge club), no healing (luckily I am a regenerating troll) but some other useful skills. I, however, have not had any Farmer winners. Oh well.

Talents: I decide to play to my weaknesses, and take long-lived. Yes I can find potions of longevity. But the longer span the better. Taking a few hits can make me old and frail, leading to more hits, and death. I also decide not to take Alert. Because Alert and Miser are useless, and I don't value Treasure Hunter enough. It won't save my life. But long stride might.

Start: ST:29 Le:4 Wi:8 Dx:9 To:22 Ch:4 Ap:7 Ma:10 Pe:10
Big, strong, but at least not a total loss in the attractiveness department, if one fancies Big Women...
"Hey, I heard that, Human!"
Oh. Yes. And you seem to be wielding half a tree as a club, too. (+3, 1d10+2) I should think.
"And I have 2 skill levels too, so watch it"
You must be hungry, why don't you eat that piece of raw meat you saved from the farm back home?
"Raaahh! Raw and bloody meat! GGGRRRREEAT!!!"

I decide to eat it before it will rot away. I also rename the large pet dog "Tara" after my parents Flat-coated retriever. Then we head towards Terinyo. I note we have a cooking set, fletchery set, 5 herbs and 5 large rations. We will not starve too fast, I hope.

With herbalism skill the choice of quests is simple enough. We chat with the village elder, who doesn't seem too alarmed at the sight of an 8 feet 427 pound slab of Troll meat crushing through his door.
"..."
So we decide to keep an eye out for the carpenter, the raider lord "Kranach" and some cute puppy dog. I do not like the hungry look in Klawina's face when told there is a cute puppy dog. Might be just as well if we never see it. However, first we shall search through the Small Cave to the Northwest.
"Human, if I had had some basic fighting training as a fighter, or paladin, or even assassin I would not question you. But I know how many of your former ...protegées who clutter up your graveyard after going there. Is that really wise?"
Hm yes. When I play carelessly I tend to go there, and take what I get. But in your case, you will level up so slowly that we will be out long before the monsters get anywhere near as dangerous as you, my dear Klawie.
"Right. We go! And call me Klawie again and I'll spoon-feed you your brain. Just For Your Information"
We leave the dog behind in the village (I'm not getting my parents dog killed) and head out. Fate then lands a herd of large dogs in out way. We try to run, but are forced to kill one of them. (First kill:large dog)

Entering Small cave. Find some scrolls which the silly Troll can never hope to read...
"I'm taking classes, you wait and see"
Third monster killed is a wild cat. Guess no ring for us
"Ring! Me like rings. What ring?"
Uh, yeah just a worthless trinket. I'll find some nice adamantium rings later on. I hope. We move on and find the guaranteed cloak, an acid trap (ouch) and switch out out light furs for studded leather armor, improving our heroines appearance a bit. Troll or no, healing is slow. At DV/PV is 4/5 at my tactic level (very aggressive, I like to hit and kill)

Then we find a spear trap, containing 8 spears (heh) and a blanket. The 8th spear was found in our behind, of course. I decide to explore further, at least to find the stair down. We hear a pained croak (muaha), hit level 2. I give points to first aid, athletics and food preservation. Then a claw bug refuses to be hit, and takes me to 4 hp. One prayer used up. Further on I find another blanket (probably the original one) and down stairs. Also a fireball trap, and some weakling monsters take me to level 3. I go downstairs to rest up, then prepare to run the gauntlet home. This will be the most dangerous time in Klawinas life for a long while
"What happened to getting out long before the monsters got as dangerous as me, then?"
Well. They are still weak, but there are a lot of them. And your fighting skills sure suck...
"Itoldyouso. I can harvest herbs and tend a garden, though."
Well, here goes nothing...

Thus ends the first day in her life. Stay tuned for more...tomorrow

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/9/2007 at 16:32 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3596 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 06:20 (GMT -5)

Mmm, I love it so far, I hope Klawie doesn't die soon :)
For the Horde!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 10:42 (GMT -5)

So does she, I'm sure.

My bragging to Klawina aside, I have to cross half the SMC, and I am at level 3. The mosters will be 6. No healing will hurt. We start to advance just fine, killing a weak kobold (picked up his corpse, it IS useless but carrying it will exercise my food preservation - so I can assign more skillpoints to it) then kill a fire beetle with surprising ease. However then another claw bug. And from the other side a ratling warrior. Both die, but I am at 15 hps. 50 steps more now. Lizardman in the way. Not for long. But then a swordman. This might be it. We exchange blows. Both hit, and the Klaw is at 10. Another round, I miss and find myself with 8 hp. I then remember to use firstaid, switch to coward, and try. No dice, but at least it can be trained higher now. What to do? Another prayer? I decide to duke it out, and am rewarded with a nice one-hit kill. Whew. Pick up 4 more spear from the trap (burdened now) and then get out. But not before killing a ghost bat who luckily did not land any hits. And a goblin rockthrower. This trip to SMC really was an excercise in overconfidence, but WE LIVE
"I lived you mean, you were safe enough"
Right.
So we rest up, then head towards Lawinthehole. Mission here is to get pickpocket, check out the stash in the shop, sell my regualar spears, and stay alive. A cutpurse donates my level 4, and an outlaw gives me +3 weapons skill in twohanded. Were shaping up, now. I decide to put some points in gardening, since I've got the herbs, and therefore can plant a strategic herb bush to get a stable pattern if need be. Some decent stuff in the shop, a club of penetration gets some laffs from the Troll-lass until I explain that is merely bypassed PV. Familiar summoning scoll which will help us on level D:50.
"Should we ever get there you mean"
Also a pendant of beauty +4 which our girl is pining desperately for, but I tell her we don't have the cash for it. We really don't, too. We also know what a scroll of identify looks like, now. We learn to pickpocket, and I get the quests from Hotzenplotz, too.
"Hey me actually like Lawful. Let's be nice to nice farming village"
Yeah, well just in case we don't mange to... nevermind. We, or rather I debate whether or not to visit the infinite dungeon, but decide on carpenter place first. I'll see what I need after that. Also the healer is good to have in an emergency, for those nice full heals.

Next missions are:

• Finish carpenter quest (with lawful tedencies, I should be very near N after the "good" completion on the quest) and get healing. This might include converting at any alter, also I might have to visit the puppy cave or even Cavern of chaos to become un-chaotic.
  • Find better equipment. I should probably use a polearm for the farmer bonus, with a shield. But I do love the power of twohanded skill. At normal tactic Klawina is doing 1d10 + 14. But I need the basics, metal cap, girdle, some boots with PV. I am vulnerable now, with only 5 PV.
  • Get poison resistance. This is always a concern with any character.
  • Use pickpocketing whenever possible so I can join the thieves guild and train. This task includes getting gold, at least 3500 for the allimportant detect traps skill.
  • Find some sort of missile weapon and train up a few notches.

Roger Wilco, moving on.
"You sure talk funny, human. Lets just go smash stuff and eat it"
You do that, dear. You do that.
We explore each level in full. I pick up a sling for want of anything better, and play with it some. We come across a golden ring but resist the urge to put it on. Barely. Also a spellbook is saved for later and NOT burned to cook up some giant rats.
"..."
Speaking of cooking, we are of course training that skill. Food is plentiful, we still have our starting stash of 5 large rations. I always take the danger of starvation very seriously as a troll.

We arrive on level 4. I notice the healer is in a room with a corruption trap. Hope he knows well enough to stay away from it...it will be hard getting healing from a WMoPC. I am level 6 at this time, put one skillgain into pickpocket. Level 10 is a lot better than 1, when hostile monsters are flailing away at me. "ME".

At level 5 an explosive door-trap ends the argument whether or not to use a two-handed weapon. Klawina picks up her replacement heavy spear and trundles on. She kills 5 blink dogs in frustration over having to leave her pet dog "Tara" behind, but not one drops a corpse. With our 84 corpse pres., that is disappointing. We find the carpenter, and decide to lead him up to the healer to see if he can be at all helped.
"LEADING, Hah, Human. You had me running for my life from that maniac"
I led Yrrigs into a alarm trap, for the joy and satisfaction of seeing two bats fly at him and peck with their tiny beaks
"Bats don't have BEAKS human. That is Stirges. I know, lived in a cave 9 years"
Right. Anyway they were quickly swatted aside by him, and he found the time to deal a 30 damage round of damage. Ouch. But since we were long-striding, we managed to race him to the stairs, and healed up some before taunting and leading him on some more. While waiting upstairs we picked up a regular medium shield and some white gauntlets from a few monsters that dared disturb us there. Their corpses, I mean. Cursed gauntlets, well well. At least they had +1 PV.

Back at VD:4, I meet Jharrod the healer and not Jharrod the WMoPC. I manage to get a brand new message in ADOM, Jharrod was in my field of vision, Yrrigs was not.
"Jharrod suddenly seems to touch someone in a soothing way. You feel a great wave of relief rushing towards you" Well I know what that means. I am still Chaotic, so now I must change my alignment somehow. I shall look for an altar in puppy cave...
"Yummy"
and failing that, main chaos cavern. And that place with the teleport traps.

Thus ends the second day. Tune in for more Trollishness tomorrow.

For your amusement and constructive criticism, a short logfile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character Information

Klawina St:29 Le: 4 Wi: 8 Dx: 9 To:23 Ch: 4 Ap: 7 Ma:11 Pe:10 C
DV/PV: 22/7 H: 63(64) P: 7(7) Exp: 5/6327 M: 5131

Background Information

Name: Klawina Race: female Troll Class: Farmer
Eye color: black Hair color: black Complexion: tanned
Height: 8' Weight: 427 pounds
Star sign: Unicorn Birthday: 4/Unicorn (day 94 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your parents belong to the lower class. They were honest
hard-working people, who did everything to enable you to live a
comfortable and fine life. They were not very successful.
In your childhood you were fascinated by your environment and the
everchanging wonders of the world. You were a very curious and adventurous
child.
In your youth you worked a lot to become rich and famous later.
Consequently you rarely had enough time to play with other kids of your
age.
As a young adult you were a credit to your family. Your parents
supported your plans and were very understanding. They tried to help you
along your way with all means at their disposal.
You decided to become a Farmer.

Inventory
Total weight: 3521 stones Carrying capacity: 4575 stones

Head : hood [+0, +0] [3s]
Neck : -
Body : studded leather armor (-1, +0) [-1, +3] [250s]
Girdle : -
Cloak : light cloak [+1, +0] [20s]
Right Hand : heavy spear (-1, 1d8+2) [100s]
Left Hand : medium shield [+3, +1] [100s]
Right Ring : -
Left Ring : -
Bracers : -
Gauntlets : cursed white gauntlets [10s]
Boots : -
Missile weapon: sling (+0, +1) [3s]
Missiles : heap of 4 rocks (+0, 1d4+3) [20s]
Tool : -

Stuff

Total weight: 3015 stones Carrying capacity: 4575 stones

Helmets ('[')
leather cap [5s]
hat [4s]
Armor ('[')
studded leather armor [250s]
ring mail [300s]
One-handed weapons ('(')
dagger [10s]
crude knife [10s]
spear [50s]
hatchet [50s]
Two-handed weapons ('(')
quarterstaff [40s]
quarterstaff [40s]
Missile weapons ('}')
short bow [20s]
short bow [20s]
heap of 3 slings [9s]
Missiles ('/')
throwing club (+0, 1d8+3) [30s]
heap of 4 rocks (+1, 1d4) [20s]
heap of 7 rocks (+0, 1d4) [35s]
heap of 3 rocks (+0, 1d4+1) [15s]
heap of 6 rocks (+0, 1d4) [30s]
bundle of 20 arrows [40s]
bundle of 10 quarrels [20s]
heap of 7 rocks (+3, 1d4) [35s]
Tools (']')
fletchery set (7) [70s]
cooking set [100s]
blanket [10s]
blanket [10s]
Rings ('=')
golden ring [1s]
Potions ('!')
cyan potion [4s]
watery potion [4s]
watery potion [4s]
light yellow potion [2s]
translucent potion [4s]
white potion [2s]
Scrolls ('?')
scroll labeled "ENO OWT EERHT" [2s]
scribbled scroll [2s]
Books ('"')
scrawl-covered tome [100s]
huge manual [100s]
Food ('%')
heap of 2 iron rations [200s]
heap of 5 herb seeds [10s]
heap of 4 large rations [800s]
iron ration [100s]
cooked kobold corpse (slightly rotten) [57s]
loaf of hurthling bread [30s]
heap of 3 cooked large bat corpses [171s]
heap of 2 loaves of bread [80s]
cooked orc corpse [114s]
Valuables ('$')
508 gold pieces [5s]

Weapon Skills

Melee weapon Lvl Hit Dam DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- --- -- ------------- --------------
Unarmed fighting 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Daggers & knives 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Clubs & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Maces & flails 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Swords 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Axes 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Whips 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15
Pole arms 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 12
Twohanded weapons 4 +4 +4 +1 skilled 54
Staves 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 15

Missile weapon Lvl Hit Dam Ra Level Required marks
Slings 1 +2 +1 +0 basic 3
Bows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Crossbows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown axes & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown daggers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown rocks & clubs 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown spears 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Boomerangs & scurgari 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7

Shields Lvl DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- ------------- --------------
Shields 0 +0 unskilled 15

Damage caused with your melee weapons:
--------------------------------------
Right hand: +2 bonus to hit, 1d8+4 damage

Damage caused with your missile weapons:
----------------------------------------
Ammunition: 4, base range: 4, -2 bonus to hit, 1d4+5 damage

Skills

Archery .................. 24 (mediocre) [+3d3]
Athletics ................ 64 (good) [+1d5]
Bridge building .......... 24 (mediocre) [+3d4] (mr)
Climbing ................. 37 (fair) [+3d4]
Cooking .................. 32 (fair) [+4d4] (ma)
First aid ................ 45 (fair) [+3d3]
Fletchery ................ 11 (mediocre) [+3d4] (ma)
Food preservation ........ 84 (great) [+3d3]
Gardening ................ 46 (fair) [+4d5]
Gemology ................. 12 (mediocre) [+2d4]
Haggling ................. 20 (mediocre) [+3d5]
Herbalism ................ 37 (fair) [+3d4]
Listening ................ 21 (mediocre) [+3d4]
Mining ................... 16 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Pick pockets ............. 10 (poor) [+3d4]
Smithing ................. 10 (poor) [+3d5]
Stealth .................. 17 (mediocre) [+3d4]
Survival ................. 59 (good) [+3d3]
Woodcraft ................ 13 (mediocre) [+4d5]

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/10/2007 at 10:47 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 11:57 (GMT -5)

Uh, when I saw that you posted the skills and inventory I thought she was dead :) Please keep on writing, it was fun reading because of all the witty comments :D
For the Horde!
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5824 days, 15 hours, 25 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

Good job. I'm reading this...
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
zv
Registered user

Last page view:

5657 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 16:12 (GMT -5)

yay, Zizzo-styled DitL :) Fun :)
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4954 days, 2 hours, 38 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 04:19 (GMT -5)

am reading too
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

Mewto et al (but he was first): Thanks! Idea is of course to entertain, but also to discuss certain strategies, and mabye teach some tricks to those who might need. Also, other folks could teach ME things, just ask "Why did you..." or "Why didn't you..." (I suspect any such questions would get the response "Because I'm an Idiot! Thanks for reminding me!" because I am, well, not that bright, and I play for fun, not total optimalization. Which I couldn't do anyway)
Anyway, on with it...
You still with me, K?
"Right behind you, human"
Behind...hm. Your place is up front. There are people watching now
"Well they can watch something else, those perverts. Just as I was coming out of the nice shower"
What show...oh a water trap. Yes. Well.
After getting rid of that disturbing mental image, we climb upwards, back out of the village dungeon. I am about to exit the 3rd level when I hear a "ripping sound". I notice a door I earlier failed to explore. I enter, and see a light blue spider, and it actually manages to drop a corpse. Yay for posion resistance. Now we just need potion resistance as well, so we can start gulping away all those unIDentified ones we have...

I notice that I am still level 5, and silently curse slow-learning Trolls
"We just need to have certain things explained a few times, whats the big deal?"
I look up in the manual what joyness I can look forward to on level 6...double carrying capacity is actually kinda nice. I like to drag around a huge stash of items, and will have no way to ID them anytime soon. I also note that level 12 means half food consumption, something we probably will not need by that time, but will save a little trouble. Level 18-pick herbs skill would be mostly wasted, I expect I shall have enough herbs by that time, considering our slow levelling. I'll look on the rest as or if they should become relevant.

On the way to the yummy cave, we pop into the peaceful village again. I let Klawina talk to the elder and we score the mighties reward possible for a hungry troll: Reduced food prices. However, if we did get a lawful boost from the act, we still are at C alignment. The Sheriff informs me that Kranach is still alive. I suddenly decide to hunt him down and bring him to justice
"Bring his crushed corpse to justice is what I will do"
Justice, Troll-style. Okay, lets go.

We wander around the wilderness, avoiding some large dogs (first kill) and fighting some hobgoblins. Badly. We switched out the sling for the bow you may have noted in the last screenshot, and gain some bowmanship
"bowWOMANship"
I also would like our girl to work a bit more on her spear-skill, but progress so far has been rather spare.
"Wonder how funny you will be after I use you as my door-mat, human"

We manage to get our armor and gauntlets damaged by a group of bandits. We triumphantly take the corpse of a bandit home to the sheriff, but although he give us 75 much-needed gold, still no quest completion. It is now day 16, and we decide to find some other action (I suspect the our heroine has happily forgot all about any raider lords by now anyway, goldfish-memory style) . So, after saying goodbye to Tara one more time, we enter the yum-cave.

Only to find that it is blocked by a river. I can see a way across which only will give us two moves in the water, but after talking it over with the aquaphobic Trolline, we decide to head for the real glory, the cavern of chaos. I also silently register that we are actually in a bad shape to fight, with only 5 PV again.

On the way I persuade her to enter the twisted infinite dungeoun. We meet some nice traps, which kill off both shortbows we had. (Find a replacement later) And the golden ring melts away! Poor K. At least I know that the unidentified blankets are waterproof and plain, and sadly not fireproof. Good to know. But we also meet a pack of blink dogs, and three of them drop corpses. One is eaten, others cooked, to be sold to Munxip or black market. After I convince the hungry Troll that we have plenty of other food, and that we will this way get quicker to the next place where there are tons of monsters to kill and eat.

We head towards the west, stopping in a Lawinthe...whatever. I sell stuff, discover that I had a backup studded leather all along, and also find out by wearing (They had pretty high price when I tried to drop them) that some light boots were +1 +1. So we are back at 7 PV. At this stage, every point counts. I also decide to wield a spear which turned out to be (+3, 1d8+2). So monsters, watch out!
"I still can recognize sarcasm, human. My IQ is a lot bigger than my shoe number"
(Actually it isn't, with the Euro-style sizes I'm using, but I've not the heart to tell her. Or the guts)
We are up to a whooping 1000 gold now, not enough for much. But I might have a plan on how to get some more...
"You better not be thinking about what I think you are..."
No nonono no. I have just heard rumor about an arena that offers money for good fighters. We shall see when or if we get there.
I talk to Yergius, and he tells us that impressed with our ..."sleight" of hand, we still need to prove ourselves some more before we can join his elite crew. (Klawinas idea of pickpocketing is lifting the poor creature upside down and note what falls out of its pockets)

Klawina is nagging on about wanting to slay the evil bandit lord, but I convince her that we would only die needlessly at this point. The dark force really IS stronger ... for now.

On the way we manage to evade a hungry jackal pack, by slaying the jackalwere leader and coward-running away. We rest up by popping into the rather boring cave, no altar but a pool is worth noting. A lowly group of outlaws donate our level 7. 85 HPs now. And polearm skill is up to +4hit +1dam +3 DV. Might stick with this thing a bit. And I have 100 food pres., and no longer need to lug around unneeded corpses. I still pick up and cook them, because cooking is only 62. I still think I manage to cook more than 62%, feels like 80-90% or so. I go on about this, not because of the food, because I
"ME"
...will soon have enough food. But cooking IS a great way to keep stat-gain corpses, and not least orb guardian corpses
"Orb-what-guardians?"
If you do very good in your quest to kill and eat monster, mabye we shall see.

We enter the dreaded cavern of chaos, and while Klawina is very unimpressed by the quality of our foes, I remind her not to be too cocky. Worse might come. I again will explore every level, and I note that level 1 has a split path. Good, more levels and more chance of altars.

D:2.
"I'm so excited!"
Whoa, there, control your horses, I am a married man
"I seriously doubt that, human. However, I did not mean THAT kind of excitement. It would take more than a puny 6-foot human to excite me"
(More like an elephant)
"But I mean there is something about this level that tells me there will be many foes to slay, and torture, and EAT. Let us explore"

As much as I want to, I realize that in order not to push our luck, I must take a day's rest. That way we will at least survive another day. Coincidentally, last night the (crappy) movie "Die another day" was on telly, must be somewhat inspired by that.

So there it is, will Klawina find a vault of monsters to mutilate and eat, or will it be an undead vault with only dry bones? Or will it be a mixed vault that will eat her instead?

Find out tomorrow, same channel, same Big Beautiful Woman; Klawina.

---
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 12:45 (GMT -5)

It's excellent so far, and it's updated faster than OoTS. You should start an ADOM webcomic :P

For the Horde!
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5824 days, 15 hours, 25 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

...and Andor Drakon appears and pities your 7-ish PV before eating you?
I NEED CONTINUE
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 10:35 (GMT -5)

Heyheyhey. Still here.
ADOM comic? Theoretically a great idea. Except that I can't draw. Or take real screenshots. And that my jokes are staler than cursed large rations. I'll just write this one tale, I guesses.

Before I get on with the game, there is time for a little analysis. And I do not want the Trolline to hear all this. Our last goals have been all completed, except for actually getting healing. And of course joining thieves guild. And getting better equipment, because we are still in a rot. Actually we have gone very little ahead, really, in the getting-powerful department. At least we got poison resistance. And as a bonus, teleport control with spare blinking corpses.
--
Short status:
Level : 7
Weapons skill (polearm) - 5 - +5hit +2dam +4 dv
Weapons skill (bow) - 2 - +4hit +3dam
Shield skill - 3 - +6 DV

DV/PV : Very aggressive - 18/7. Coward - 42/6
Hit/dam with weapon at very aggressive - +29, 1d8+15
Hitpoints - 85 Power - 12
Stats and skills same as before, more or less. Well not less.
--
Also, a point of note, I WILL be writing as I go along. So I will not edit this text-file I use to write in to put in something like SHE FINALLY DIED in the header. So you might suddenly see her get hurt, trapped, beaten up and dead in the middle of a post. And I will not be putting the final flg.file in either, whats the point when she is dead?
"IF!"
Back to sleep you.

I just write this as a future reference, it does not necessarily mean that she died today.

But it might.

Because I write as I go along.

So, on with the game.

New goals:

• Become un-chaotic (neutral will probably be best) and get healing skill
  • Gather 2500 more gold, and learn detect traps. Might do this in the arena. But that will take some fighting.
  • Get level 8, find an altar, get precrowned (I'll have to do this before reaching dwarftown, otherwise I'll need level 11.
  • Find some herbs and improve stats.
  • GET BETTER EQUIPMENT. Now including climbing sets, pick axes. Also buy some ratling food just in case.
  • Get more resistances, fire foremost.

Allright, then? Lets wake the Broad (literally) up.

"I was awake all along, Trolls don't sleep you know"
You were merely resting a bit. Good idea, we should be fully healed for that vault
"Vault means foe to slay?"
..basically yes. But they will also drop much more stuff than other monster. Like that golden ring we lost
"You never let me wear that"
Sorry
"And why can't I wear this wooden ring I found?"
I already toldya, you are wearing cursed gloves, and you can't take them off, and therefore you cannot get to your fingers
"...not following you..."
Hey look, a goblin!

And were off. Goblin, hope he is from the vault. I'm even afraid of a ghul at this point. It turns out he was, so we hack our way through easily. Even train pickpocket so we can join the elusive guild. I also plant a herb seed (I - gardening is right near o - pickpocket). Only 3 left now. Stupid Troll. Notable loot from the vault is only a glass wand, and a water potion, and two different keys , so decide to head on. We will explore every level down to arena in full. I note that two watery potions are in one stash, and one in another. So I'll guess that the single one is cursed or blessed. Might be used in an emergency on a cursed item (if it WAS cursed water, no difference, if not item is removable)

Major find: Dark Sage runs into us, throws a spell which burns, but when his bloody corpse hits the floor, it stays there! And does not vanish like most corpses do
"I wanted to ask that, you know-it-all human. Whay happens when they die and leave no food?"
Good question, dear. But, you know, after you go through your usual routine of stabbing, biting, gouging, stepping on and generally mutilating your foes, there simply isn't enough to eat. But this dark sage, luckily, only took one spear jab to (through) the chest, so you can eat him! Do it now, please
"As if I wasn't going to...RAAGH, dead HUMAN, GREEEAAATT...wait a minute, I can suddenly read those messages you write down and not say loud. *SMACK*"
They call it literacy, dear. And there ain't no cure, sadly.
"And these paper-stack-things you had me carry along, I think I would like to read in them..."
N.....ooooo.... lets wait a bit more. They are boring books anyway, no pictures of any happy puppies. We can do that after you find some shiny rocks later on.

Lucky drop, not least because I did see an ID-scroll in lawinthewall. But first things first, we would really like to find an altar now. Moving on. Nearly die to a ghul (at least I got paralyzed two times, but just for a short while. Guess my DV/PV was up to the task). Major scare when ambushed by a ghost bat, but it decides to turn into a wisp of smoke, to K's disgust.

D:3.
A certain tension. And I spot herbs! However in a corridor, with no pickaxe to dig out wall I must harvest these to the ground. But next room has a stable pattern set-up. Yay, hope they're stat herbs. I meet a set of "" bushes in a room, and here is the time of glory for my gardening skill (46). And of course 3 tries, 3 withered herbs. When harvesting the rest to the ground they turn out to be stomma's.

Tension room turned out to be rats...EX-rats we could say. Then in the next room we see some books (Klawina is very proud to recognize them as such) but they fade away. -1 st, +1 le. Not too good at this point, I'll need to work on Learning anyway, and Strength won't get higher easily. However see more herbs. And now I know, we have moss of m., morgia root, and petter petals and spenseweed. Suddenly healing is not a big deal anymore. We spend some time eating and harvesting, but of course we (or SOME of us) get impatient and look for more interesting people to meet, relate to...."and SLAY and EAT"

S:2.
Nothing interesting. Apart from some slaying and eating. Back to herb level...

D:3
We stay here for a bit, at least as long as the ever-whining Troll would let me. I try to explain that harvesting here is THE smart thing to do, and there is absolutely no reason to do anything else. I know that with our low herbalism skill, the biggest stack of herbs will be cursed. So I start using the small stacks of moss of mareillon (of course the stacks will stay small now). Also want to eat morgia, but the stup...er hungry girl gorged herself on some raw meat. I think the only reason we are able to stay here so long, is because she is a trained farmer. One crony of the raider lord takes us to level 8. There is a corruption trap on the level, I must remember to check it out from time to time, so it won't give rise to a game-ending WMoPC. But eventually we move on to

D:4
Arena level. Buy some 23 cooked lizards for emergency. I give the various traders names like "cooklizard" and "fatworm". I wanted to bug the green ratling a bit until he hands over a few ratling notes, to be read 50 times, to make literacy eligible for training (and mabye training it some, too). But he is nowhere to be found. Must have gotten himself killed. Stupid git.

I talk to Dak, the arena master, and he agreed to stage a test match. After staring thoughfully at the oozing puddles of various bodily fluids that used to be a kobold, he agrees that we are ready to fight for money. I decide to use the opportunity to train bows more. Most because the monsters take a little while to die, and I can speed-press t. I also do a rare switch from very agressive mode when facing a ghul. Live and let die. Make that two ghuls. Actually three ghuls. In a row. But we prevail. We slay a dwarf (hm, what is alignment again) and a cat (someone is getting angrier). A fight with a minotaur lets us test how much a cursed spenseweed heals. 5 hp. Oh great. We only got 9 uncursed too. A jackalwere is nice enough to drop an Adamantium ring! Yuppie.
"Why yuppie, stupid, it is not very shiny"
...look at all the shiny gold we are getting from fighting, you.
It should not be the ONE ring, but I have a strong suspicion that it is a ring of damage. Which is my favourite ring at this point in the game. Only we need to get rid of them darn gloves. Fight 19 is a tarantula. Which suddenly ceased to be.

Now, we should...
"Hey fancy-boy"
...we should...yes?
"Me tired"
Thought you trolls didn't sleep?
"Of course not. But need rest now"

Well. Guess this is it for today.

Only, what should we do tomorrow? I personally would mabye ... but then again ... or mabye even ...
What do you guys think?
We have:
Level 8 - 8779 exp to go (groan)
7244 gold.
Polarm skill 6, bow skill 4.
Toughness up to 25 (maxed ...for now muaha), Dx to 12 and Wi to 11.
We have 19 cursed spenseweed and 9 uncursed. 8 cursed peppers, 4 uncursed and 2 blessed.
We are of course still Chaotic, with no altars found.
No pickaxe, even after slaying 3 dwarves.
One single potion of carrot juice, if there might be thirsty baby dragons out there.

We need Decisions with reasons, gentlemen. Or ladies. (Just a few DIFFERENT ones would be fine enough)

"Shut up and let me sl...REST!"

EDIT: Edit was just to correct a typo and make a correct point-list for goals (it didn't translate from the word file

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/12/2007 at 10:39 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 13:49 (GMT -5)

Well, die another day :)

About the comic book, sure it's not a stupid idea. There are lots of people that are into stories (I never read any story in the Stories section, yet, but there are lots of threads...) and some of them have graphic skills.
For the Horde!
Portrait
zv
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 15:22 (GMT -5)

Why didn't you just kill the healer and take the skill from Niest? As a troll, the hit to Le would have minimal impact, as a herbalist, the hit to Wi would have no consequences whatsoever and you'd get Healing already at 60, which is quite a lot of skill increases - a scarce resource for trolls.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 17:44 (GMT -5)

zv: "Because I am an idiot. Thanks for reminding me". I honestly did not think of that Chaotic route. In K's defense, she really is trying to become goodie (birthsign unicorn). In my defense, I thought I might be lucky to find an altar, but more importantly I have a certain hope that I might be able to obtain some potions from the healer later on...

Mewto: It was not a stupid Idea at all. But I am stupid.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

Welcome to the club. Wanna be buddies? ;)
For the Horde!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 at 13:31 (GMT -5)

Don't say Welcome to the CLUB around ...learingly challenged Trolls. If you take my drift.

----------------------

Before getting on with....it, a few thoughts here.
First, main point of this IS in fact to share the strategy and tips and tricks I use. Badly. The jokes must seem rather crude and overdone, but keep in mind that the troll is not the most eloquent girl with the most refined sense of humor. So that is really not my fault.

Secondly, playing through a character like this, using a text-document while playing, is often a smart thing to do. For instance, if I forget what my first kill was, where altars and pools are, forges, shops and such, well it should be listed here. Of couse I included a lot of useless chatter for the ...troll humor effect, but that is easily dispensed with.

And just mabye writing down stuff will let one take a greater interest in a certain character's survival. At this point, I could never ever enter a fiery red tower on a whim to see how fast a level 8 Troll can last before becoming Troll Kebab (Wonder how long, indeed...)

"..zz...hrpmh?..znf"

Oh yeah, on with the situation at hand.

I know I told you that I would not put in the header if she died or not, but I have some sad news today. Do not let it bother your reading experience, you will find out soon enough.

When the arena had seen enough slaughter for the day we decided to take a little peek down the D:levels. I might at this point easily head down to Dwarfville, but there are two things that might be unwise using that approach...firstly it will generate a SI, which means that I cannot be precrowned before level 11 (and THAT takes long with trolls)
"Just let me bash stuff instead of picking silly herbs and it will be no time"
...and secondly I do not trust Klawina in her Chaotic state to keep away from the dwarves, as they are known to drop pickaxes, and our girl DO have a fancy to dig out shiny little rocks. Dwarves are lawful, of course, and look not too kindly on Trolls either. However I did decide to go down as far as the big level. Mabye peek a little around there. Might get an altar on the way too.

D:5
Totally boring, but then a silver wolf drops a large shield (96s). I wear it immediately, not caring if it might be cursed. Mithril shield [+7,+2], so now shield skill can be trained higher. Good find.

D:6
Nothing here. But we are forced
"Nice kitty, come kitty *Smack*"
...to kill another cat. Well things happen.

D:7
You enter a huge cavern. It seems to be larger than anything you have ever seen before.
"Bah, my family's home was a lot bigger than this."
Still, there is no reason to linger here for long. You see, monsters reproduce fast here
"And?"
Well, there is possible that a large horde of mansters could attack you soon"
"AND?"
Well, then we would have to fight....nevermind. Look, more herb bushes!
And with that, Trollie has no further urge to stay for long. If you can't beat 'em, trick 'em.

We take a little sightseeing, to trim some nearby bushes. We actually stay a bit to get some complex herb patterns to work with, gaining level 9 as we are at it.
(various skills, and take shield expert talent)
We slay one necromancer easily, kill some skeletons and ghuls. But then suddenly, more ghuls appear. Easy enough I think, with 26 DV and 9 PV. But we get the dreaded message: The Ghul punches through your armor and hits you. (must have been a crit). Then I see a lot of "the ghul misses you, the ghul fails to hurt you (more). I read 10 pages of attacks, pressing spacebar, and deciding how to break the news of Klawinas death to the community. But then - You can move again. I check scrollback, and yes, there were no more hits on me. Just misses and fail to harm. We live to fight still. I go to coward (3 ghuls next to me, 2 more near) and move to a better killing position - that would be upstairs. Quite a crowd of monsters are on the level, so we do the good old goupstairs-retreattohallway-kill-godown etc. routine till all monsters are dead. Like Pavlov's dogs, Klawina has taken to salivating every time she sees a wererat. This technique is the only sure way to handle breeders in the big room, when one has no mass-damage dealing capability. Because when I enter the level, monster can move towards you at the stair, but they wont summon or breed. So I just go up right away, dragging with me some monsters, kill them, then repeat.Two wererats and a werejackal are dispatched this way. I still have some bush-control to do (that was not meant as a USA joke) so I head down again. I fight some rats and a lizard man, and suddenly wonder why I only have 25 hitpoints...? Look at the screen again..." Something hits you. Aha!
"Show yourself, coward, and I shall rip you a new, improved *******"
Mysteriously enough, the something decides not to comply with this polite request. I hit coward mode and think. First I use a spenseweed from my smallest stack. At 53 hps now, time to run for the stair. Meet a doppleganger on the way, confused...we run in the wrong direction. More monsters closing in. Is this the end ...my only friend?
"I can think clearly now. THERE are the stairs"
So we run for it, go upstairs, doppleganger is still with us...is "someone?"
Appearently not. We discuss options for a little while, but then unanimously decide to head a little further back. I promise K that we shall return and take our revenga on something, but for now we shall visit home again. Back up to

D:5-4-3
Find some thick gauntlets on our way, buy some cooked lizards. Harvest some herbs. Kill 2 displacer beasts, and cook their corpses
"Why can't we just eat them, why carry along food? It will only spoil? I am expert at preserving food already, you eeediot"
We have plenty other food, dear, and these corpses might come in handy, you never know.
SHE looks at me like I'm mad (which I am) but we all know that teleportation can be mighty useful at times...wink. We have actually succeeded at becomeing burdened now. With 28 strength and double carrying capability.
I am about to decide that we head for...
"Ehm."
...for...what?
"It's that time of day"
...youre kidding now?
"No, need my beauty ..rest."

And there we are, no use arguing with her in THAT mood.

So, that's ALL , folks!

Why so short? It was NOT short for me, all that harvesting. I only had time alotted to play 45 minutes today, so that is all I could do. Next time don't advice me to harvest a ton of herbs. It was my own advice? Well, good advice it was too. However, I just might follow one piece of advice tomorrow. We shall see.

The sad news, you ask? Oh, I just made that up. I write AS I PLAY, remember? So if you like, the sad news was ...not finding any rings of djinni summoning. So there.

Of course, IF she had died, then I would have been right. And you would never have known that I planned that Djinni summoning joke before I started playing.

Yes, my wife can find me irritating, too.

-------------------------------------------
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 at 14:46 (GMT -5)

<3 Klawika :)
For the Horde!
Portrait
zv
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 at 15:37 (GMT -5)

Yay, I suspected the sad news would be a red herring... or a red rooster, if you will ;)
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4596 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 at 19:44 (GMT -5)

How come your test fight in arena was a kobold? I thought it was always a giant rat?
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4065 days, 19 hours, 49 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 at 07:27 (GMT -5)

I kind of suspected the bad news would be "We went down, generated the si, and now we can forget about the precrowning"...
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 at 09:47 (GMT -5)

Right, time to start advancing our storyline a bit here. While our girlie was meditating or whatever, I listed up a few places I could go.

Terinyo: To sell useless herbs. Sure, why not.

Lwainthehole: Get skills, Buy stuff, Kill Hotzenplotz. I'll go. Mabye not kill the Hotz yet.

Puppy cave:
Guaranteed vault. But need to wade through a river. But I might try this one first anyway.

Dwarftown:
Generation of SI. And hostile something on the way. Will look for an altar elsewhere first.

Darkforge:
I'll peek on the top level for altars, not doing steel golems yet at all.

TotHK:
No climbing set, and it can be brutally brutal. So not yet.

Pyramid:
Need level 13. Sigh.

ID:
Too boring, our Troll would fall asleep.

UD/HMV:
This is my second choice to look for an altar. To enter it, I can either take my chances running through, But I THINK that eating a nice displacer beast will teleport me right to downstairs. I THINK I can go right down then, even though there are side effects to the corpse. It IS a long way from entrance to downstairs, I have to cross the whole level (going in a U-shaped path). With quick digging I could easily get to the downstair, though. So I shall see.

Onwards - Chaotic soldiers! I started this day before our Troll-babe was fully awake, by having a nice herbal festival, with herb gathering, -eating and -using. I "accidently" ate a devil rose, and "pretended" I didn't know curaria mancox cures sickness. I was in position to train toughness up to 30. But while walking around with 32 hitpoints, I was suddenly hit by a cone of magical ice (woke our troll RIGHT up, that did). Down to 16 hitpoints. Used a spenseweed. 40. Ate a curaria. Ate a pepper. Up to 90 now, lucky no ice strikes last 2 turns. I try to hit the invisible ogre magus, manage to send it running (I know as I started walking instead of hitting something). Of course get few cones as payment. But manage to find, corner and slay the ogre.
"I demand that you protect me from these invisible monster. Thats twice you nearly got me killed"
She is right. We need to get a move on.
"I get a sense of immediate danger...why?"
I don't know. Really. That just meant some midlevel monster will learn to die gloriously. Like those 300 Spartans. Lets find and kill it.

We see tarantulas suddenly appearing. Hmmmmm. Suddenly not so confident, I hope it isn't a dark elven priestess, they are game-killing at this point. But it was only a female dark elven wizard.
We get a stat-increase-bout. Toughness is now 26, and we got an extra PV from it. So. With 10 PV we are officially qualified to take on UD and HMV. Health later proceeds to advance to 28. 115 hps now. We finally head out of D for now.

NDC:
We enter top level of darkforge. Walk around, pick up 345 gold, see an ogre lord, hit an ogre lord, run from an ogre lord. He is too slow, so we get a gap, enabling us to get out safely. Klawina insists we could have taken him, but I insisted that we better save our healing herbs, and that we were only looking for an altar anyway. And that was not there. Klawina agrees with saving herbs, because she is not bl**dy gathering any more. I thank Klawina for her insight.

Wilderness et al:
We found a group of lost souls (well, they found us trying to run away), and to Klawinas joy a wight and a wraith both dropped corpses.
"Yummy, dinner time"
Hang on a sec, try this herb first, makes them taste even better
"Ohkay.*Gulp*...you ¤%#¤& I'm sick again!"
Well, then, your ...vomiting will let you eat more! Good huh?
Both corpses give + to toughness, so we have 30 now. But of course became bloated, so no cure yet. Fortunately her bloated status enables me to run in front of her till she gets better...Get a slight scare, she did not become un-bloated before suffering "one last fever attack". Went down to 29 hps. At least it saved us a curaria (getting low on them, they were in the big room which we had to jet from). I find that our new toughness gives us 12 PV. And 124 hps at level 9. Sweet. Toughness increases to 31, of its own (guess I ate some morgia before those corpses).

I decide to rest up, then I remember that I've got a hatchet, am in a forest, have got bridge building skill and am in need of a bridge. Whoa. This must be the second time ever I build a real log-bridge. I collect two logs and head for puppy cave. One fail, one bridge section built. Back out, but not before stopping at lawintht for detect traps. Not enough gold for disarm traps. Hmmm. Chop down 2 more trees, then go to terinyo and sell my stash of cursed spenseweed, pepper petals and alrunia antidote (along with burb roots and demon daisy). Got about 2500 from that. I want disarm traps, cuz even if it needs a lot of training before it can be reliable, but it has a certain use still. So I get it. And I notice that the ID scroll in black market is 3500 gold. Hrmph. Well hopefully that means it is blessed.

Puppy cave:
"At last we enter the yummy cave! I have read back some pages, there IS a tasty doggie here"
Right, thats what I get for getting her literacy. Anyway, we need to build the complete bridge still. Klawina is a hard worker, and builds a servicable bridge, carries it to the river...and chucks it right in. We watch it float downstream. I gently suggest attaching it to the bridge section we already have, and after a little more trial and error, we walk dry-shod over the water. Now let's grab some dinner. On the way to downstairs we eat a fire beetle corpse, mabye we got something good there. Find a blanket, but do not know what kind, of course. At this point, we still have no IDs other than what I presume (herbs) and wielded items. And no idea of blessed/cursed status of anything apart from our worn gloves.

PC2:
My goals with this level are always simple: Let the ants dig a fair bit, and get acid resistance. I find a room and close myself inside, and chew on some corpses while listening to the sound of wall crumbling, and watch the screen telling me that my gemology skill just increased...I start hearing burping sounds, not that good. I try to not mentally project the idea that with all the rocks bound to be lying about, an altar on the following levels would be a very very good thing (to not jinx the RNG)
"What is that RNG you mutter about anyway?"
RNG: Random Number Generator. Or Really Necessary Godawfulness. It is basically a religion, worshipped by many many users of the most holy of forums (this one), inspired by Newton
"...?"
Newtons third law, for every force there is an equal and opposite reaction. Which means that every time something good happens, some horrible calamity will befall you. Nietzche also stated, that...uh, hullo?
"...zzzz...."

Dang. Just when we were getting somewhere. Well, day is over, and probably just as well, because now we really can die another day.
Hope to see you again.

Tune in tomorrow, a truly exciting episode, where you will see Klawina finding an altar at last, becoming a temprary champion of good, receiving a really great gift from the gods, find a truly amazing ring which can summon a Magical being, and also much nice fighting which sees her becoming high-levelled and mighty in the Martial and Magical realms.

...I hope.

-----------------------------

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 at 09:54 (GMT -5)

Please describe Klawina's death in detail tomorrow :)
For the Horde!
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4596 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 at 15:44 (GMT -5)

Watch out for wisps and lightning lizards in the big cave and vault of PC. Hope you get that altar and train up your missile weapons some more!
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 03:38 (GMT -5)

"Well met. I was asked by my controlling human to make this intro, because he got imebribr... inebriat.....DRUNK yesterday on some cursed potions of booze, and is therefore not available for comment."

"However he is about to finish drinking some potions of water with some added pepper petals (coca-cola) and will be with you shortly. First some messages...Nightmare, I hope he does. Mewto, I shall visit you, and bring my friend, a really big club sometime soon. Kindly post your address."

"Here comes the human. If I should die today, I know who to blame. And so do you...."

Har--umph.
As we wake up, and shake off "one last fever attack", all thoughts of RNG are firmly out of our heads, and we decide to keep waiting for the ants to break into our stone hideout. Whatever burping beast there might be, we can take it down. It and its 300 incarnations. Then we see a red ant heading our way. I see I can "retreat" into a 1-room corridor, with doors on either side. I lure the ant there, and kill it. It drops a corpse, and we have acid resistance (Please oh Mighty RNG, that was not lucky, it would have happened anyway with 100 food pres and a herd of 30 ants). I am hungry, so I eat....another cooked corpse. Geez, our inventory is full of them. Busy girl. Wait some more..(gemology is now 12->16, but only 2d4 gain dice. it will take a lot of work to get really high. Mutter)
"Gemology?"
Means you can recognize which of the shiny stones are really valuable, and which just look nice. Somehow an important skill in females. Because even if they look the same, a pair of nice-looking earrings will not be truly appreciated unless they were pauperingly expensive.

My last hideout is breached, but I stay put and hope they all don't see me. Still some nice demolition work going on. I see two claw bugs, and got an idea what our breeder is. At least not a weapon-corroding one.
"Ouch"
Sorry, they do not seem to respect your think hide. I do, if thats a consolation....
Suddenly we hit weapon skill 8, and reach level 10. Gemology went to 3d3, but another skill is a Tiny bit higher on my priority-list...detect traps. I did not mention it, but I bought 20 points of practical training. So I can take it right up to 30. Even though it is only 2d4 NOW, we've got oceans of time to gather cash to buy it better, before I'm able to level up again. I clear out the level of bugs and ants, pick up the gems, leave all other stuff behind for now.

PC3
"I hear someone counting money. Lets smash, eat and take his money and buy some more gems"
...good plan. Yes let's. Only lets modify your excellent plan a tiny bit and instead eat this nice claw bug, and see what he has to sell.
After explaining the basics about shops restocking, and therefore leaving shopkeepers alive is a good idea, we explore more (I did not pursue the line of reasoning that any shopkeeper would kill us very dead now, that would only egg her on). We find a river, running east-west. Well, there are plenty of trees in the forest...I hope that either shop or downstairs are available now. Shop is reachable, not stairs. And the shop even restocks right after I move items into a corner! Great. Except it was a pet shop. Yes, wonderous figurine shop.
"What is so bad about that, I can decorate and clutter my home-cave with these?"
Another female skill, no doubt. However, I find out that stairs are in fact reachable too, they were just hidden. So I'll call it even, mr. RNG (some others might say I was bound to get to the stairs anyway, and that getting a useless shop is a cruel hit from the RNG, but I do not with to tempt it further)

PC4

We find a neutral altar.

(Lack of written emotion in that pararaph was kind of made up by my dancing a jig of joy in my room)

"An altar? So what, I cannot take this home or anything. You humans and your stupid customs"
Just wait and see. It is good luck to sacrifice one piece of gold, I hear.
And another piece, if I recall correctly.
And mabye just another.
Heck, just one more can't hurt? We have 1245 you know...

*WELCOME BELIEVER*
"Oh. Suddenly my urge to trample, kill and destroy everyone discriminately seems ...childish. I think there should be a balance of everything in the world. And once that balance it attained...I shall truly smash and eat them ALL in thy name, amen."
Well, a Troll is a Troll, after all. Sooooo here we go. Level 10, 28000 exp to level 11 and a second possible precrown. I shall get a precrown right now, first collecting a great pile of rocks from two levels up, and then finish the job with live sacrifices. And all my stuff will reveal their bless-status. Finding an altar really changes a game. A chaotic altar on a chaotic PC makes me always afraid to get accidently sacrificed by NPCs, so neutral is very good now. I upgrade my spear to a mithril one, and put on some [0,+3] boots. DV/PV 32/15 (very aggressive), hit/dam +34/1d8+20.

I go to collect the rocks, noting that there is a tension on this level, too. Approximately 400 rocks later - Ne'Ftrr seems to be pleased. I think I am close to next level of piety, but still. I sac 4 cooked evil corpses, and hello very pleased. Bless the cursed gauntlets (finally) and take them off. Put on adamantium ring, which magically enough turned out to be a ring of damage. Bless it, wear it on RIGHT finger, and it gives us +7 damage. For a long time, I should think.

Tension room was rats, no evil luck. A lot of sacrificing is going on, Klawina puts up with it only because she gets to slay all the Neutral creatures that appear. I duck into the PC:5 from time to time and drag out monsters (also gets monster generation going again). I then find a scroll if identify. Bless & read, revealing the following great items:
Books: Cure disease, greater ID, Magic map, Scare monster, strength of atlas. (Utility galore, just lacking teleport)
Scrolls: IBM guild manual! Also a scroll of uncursing
Tools: 4 (!) waterproof blankets. And one fireproof.
Rings: Fire resistance worn.
Wands: Cold, paralyzation, 2xdoor creation
Potions: Not much. 4xinvisibility, should get me past SMC to downstairs.
Gems: Sadly no knowledge ones. Yet.
I hit very close, and suddenly realize I'm N=. And I don't know of any way to become N+. Silently curse my idiocy a bit, then bravely decide to kill the Crime lord. Amulet from the shiriff can push me to N+ after I have sacced enough

However, after climbing up one level, we decide we can head further down the puppy cave for now, and seek and destroy the vault that is rumored to be there. and Klawina's Puppy dog dinner.
"Actually, there are so many evil creatures in this world, I think I need to leave Lawful ones alive. To balance things out"
Hey, good news. I am really glad we don't have to eat the puppy, as its corpse has a nasty effect. We are very close to our god, but do not need that hassle. Also a little lawful boost can be useful later on.

But mabye I should just head down, and not write a lot about what might happen if I am about to get gang-slayed by a bunch of mixed-vault-critters. So we move out
...with me?
"Right behind you"
Hm.

PC5:
Find some silver bracers in a corner and put them on. And woha - they are of protection, [0,+5]. Never seen any as good as that. But little did Klawina know that just 30 minutes later she would be granted a much better precrown gift (hope RNG appreciates humour). I decide to put ON my ex-cured [0,0] white gauntlets again, and not some [0,+1] ones. I quietly reflect that they probably saved our life when the invisible ogre magus hit us with ice back on D:3. 32 to 16 is not a lot, without white gauntlets it should likely have been a lot more. Lucky, that. And we only just realized it. Or I did, she is just happily slaying stuff she deems unworthy to join the new world order.

PC6:
"I feel excited again. Entertain me! And I am also very tense, so do it good"
It turns out that pointing towards a row of approaching skeletons was enough excitement. We set about the monsters, also taking our time to pickpocket a bit. This gives me stuff of the kind I need (looking of a spare ID scroll, and more water, along with the other goodies) and also will train my shield skill. Because I let monsters attack at least once before I pick them. I imagine this avoids losing alignment. Sometimes I've gotten "transgressing law" while pickpocketing, but never once they attacked at least once. I think.

Undead vault dies, I actually get some water and two ID scrolls, even though I hoped to get it. Some other loot as well. Tension was a room of goblins, I kill 20 and cook 15 corpses to carry up. I also take the puppy corpse, and hide it in K's inventory while she is busy winking at an Ogre. Sadly the Ogre was not man enough for her.

Up again to the altar. I notice that we are only 1000 exp from next level (11), so I decide to go the Lawfsdjfh to buy more detect traps. And I might as well kill the lord. However the level suddenly hits me in the face, because a certain Troll insists we kill everything in sight. No worry, needed to work on athletics anyway. So not really wasted skillpoints.

Onwards to kill hotzenplotz. He is very easy to kill with missile if you are fast, but Klawina wants to do it in melee for some reason. He hits pretty hard, and poison damage is bad, but he dies eventually. All money spent on training. Trap detection, both theoretical and practical training. Then collect amulet, and back to the Yummy cave. Now we shall finally get that precrown.

50 monsters are dragged to the altar, and sacrificed screaming to the great gods of neutrality. Wearing the amulet so keep me at N+, we are finally rewarded with:"Ne'Ftrr seems extremely close to you"

Then...

"Get up human, we still have much to do!
..zzz...
"No don't leave me, I cannot operate this cumpoter alone...I should have had that club of penetration right no, I kid you not..."
"Well, I guess this is it. I do apologize for the human weakling, can't take his medicine. He should be better tomorrow. And tomorrow being sunday, I think that means that I survived a whole week. Yay for me."
Portrait
zv
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

Whoa, suspense ;) Though you foreshadowed the gift... or maybe that was just another swerve?

Now, suggestions - frankly, I don't see the point of rushing to get higher detect traps. I never need to detect traps *fast* before the Mana Temple and by then the skill increases to good values by itself (and if it doesn't, you've got all the DT to Casino money to spend on it - but usually it does pretty well).

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/15/2007 at 07:24 (GMT -5) by zv]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 08:47 (GMT -5)

You scared me at first, but I checked my profile and there's no revealing information there. Well actually there is, but no address :P

Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow if the RNG appreciates humor, eh? :)
For the Horde!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 03:39 (GMT -5)

I always want a high detect traps skill. Because of the passive finding traps ability, or if I put on a ring of searching. Because I forget to search every door, too. Jumping right into the character, we have a very easy plan to follow...

Pray
"What for? I never pray, that is for cowards"
Just this once, for me? You are at full health, so it's not cowardly.
Looking at me questioningly, she still complies, gets on her knees are utters the most blasphemous prayer I've ever heard. Still...
*Mortal, you shall be rewarded for yer perseverance*

"HOOOORAY!!"

"JUST WHAT I NEEDED"

"The perfect item for any troll, yes I agree this was a smart thing to do"

"Why aren't you saying anything? And why the long face?"

"Are you crying? Weak, stupid human, stop it at once! Or I shall launch some ROCKS at you with this brand new SLING"

Well of course, after my RNG-taunting this had to happen. However, I look up (I play without checking the guide too much, but I just need to now) possible crowning gifts for farmers, and notice that whirlwind is there, too. So at least I'll be spared the humiliation of getting it for my real crowning. And I guess the rock-damage can come in handy.

What now? I can still get another precrown, because I am at level 11. But doing so would take a lot of my time, it is not fast without stomofillia on a neutral character. And stomofillia is only found in the big cavern. I think I can pacify it, but...I also think Klawina would never stand for the boredom. So I decide to go down the remarkable Unremarkable dungeon. Might be something nice there as well. First I do a little experiment with eating a displacer beast corpse (have 5 of them by now). And I find out the *Strange, this doesn't seem to work*. So I guess teleportation control doesn't work with them. Too bad. But they can be used for emergency escape. I decide to do UD anyway with the use of invisibility potions and speed, and superior fighting skills. Level 22 monsters is not THAT scary. I hope. And Klawina hopes so, too.
I read another blessed scroll of ID, and note some additional goodies:
Wand of wonder, potion of extra healing, scroll of danger, spellbook of cure critical wounds picket up since last ID.

I remember to visit the healer and get healing before going....
"No comment, stupid man. Want me to die, do you?"
Well, okay I was busy getting you your favourite new shiny....sling...so I just forgot.

I enter SMC. Almost died here last we were here, didn't we?
"Shut up and let me fight"
Like a true heroine, Klawina kills a few monsters
"Not tough at all, this is easy"
But then we see a wererat
"I've killed hundreds of rats. No worry"
And while he dies easy, his offspring is suddenly taking several hits to die. Suddenly there is less conversation and more action on K's part. We fight through a corridor, see more monsters, but kill them. Hardest fight is a gargoyle which hit for 20 damage (would have been 42 without our PV) but we prevail. Great success. 22 PV? Yeah I found a chain mail earlier. Chain mail of hunger. But it served for now, and after level 12 it won't matter too much. So we find ourselves at

UD:1
Well I entered this a long time ago, but don't think I had any level message. I did not write down one, anyway. Explore to the full anyway. Nothing, except we meet a Troll. However, he is Chaotic, and not willing to convert. His loss. We are annoyed he does not drop a corpse, which his identical brother also fails to do.

UD:2
No feelings. Scroll of familiar summoning found, saving for D:50.

UD:3
See a forge. We actually know about smithing, but Klawina is too bored to try, and we also have no anvil. Or hammer, actually. Strained now. Nothing else of note

UD:4
See a muddy pool.
"Thirsty!"
You just wait a little while. Here, suck the blood from this goblin instead...
And so the days pass. I do not want her to drink from this pool yet, not till we have a way to remove curse/dooming. I do, however, note that I still am carrying a cooked blink dog corpse. I meant to take it to dwarfville. Guess pickled dogs keep well.

UD:5
No feelings...ain't got no feelings...but we do spot a wand of paralization on the ground. I am walking around strained, and often bloated as well. At least with that speed of 81 we get more exp. And we really really need it.

UD:6
"IM SO EXCITED...AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT"
Way to go...now you just made everyone reading this THAT song on their mind.
"Silly rabbit, there are noone reading this. You're just teasing me. Anyway, don't just let me stand there, lets find those monsters and destroy them!"
Hard to argue with. Also I kinda agree. We are at a level that might be beneficial, ring-wise.
"I hear a distant wind..."
That only means that this is a mixed vault. Good luck, babe.
She fights bravely but in the end...we run into the blowing wind. It was an lightning vortex, lurking behind a corner. But it only took away 66 hitpoints. So we live still. Many monsters to slay, and we do find a NICE ring. A mithril ring, but that is still useful. Also a mithril chain mail is worn. And an adamantium spear.

UD:7
"IM SO EXCITED..."
And here we go again. Undead vault this time. Meet a ghost, but again no damage. Old age is one of the few potential killers for now. Gain level 12, and suddenly we only need half as much food as anyone else. Mabye that can take a few pounds off our Girlfriend here.
"Not funny. What skills do I want?"
Disarm traps, and 2 for detect traps. DT is up to 47 now. Healing is less of a concern for me, so it is 34 still with 1d5 dice. It should get better by itself, judging by how much we are starting to get hit. We take the talent of shield master, sort of commiting ourselves to using shields now. And of course, what can that halberd (70s) be? Hrmph. At least it wasn't brutal halberd of penetration...
"Someone talking about pene..."
NO! For the love of god, kill those ghuls there. I do not need that mental image now. Not tonight.
"Kill? Oh there. RARRGH..."
And so the days pass.
And what are the odds of finding another 70s halberd? Obviously good enough, judging by that one, there.

UD:8
We hear the wind howling. Find an arrow trap, and we only need 23 tries to disarm it. You go girl!
"And I told you no more sarcasm"
Well it could get easier from now on.
A stairway to heaven takes us to...

HMV
No sign of any stone giants yet. The shop held some decent stuff: Seven league boots, heavy crossbow of accuracy (no wait, we have the game-winning SLING), SoFS, crystal of knowledge. I also look in my inventory and realize I have a rather large heap of items to sell. Because I've picked up every bloody one I've found so far, and just sold a very few cheap ones to the black market. Not long after, he has no more money for me. I buy the average stuff he was selling. (7lb7lb7lb7lb7lb wohooo). Bless and use 2 crystals, and learning is 9. I watch Klawing for any signs of smartness, but her face is reassuringly blank. I used another ID scroll, and find that I have two cloaks of protection, and one of invisibility. And a cursed girdle of carrying. And a spellbook of lightning ball. And a frozen spear. And a ring of ice, which I knew we would have (mithril). And a necklace of free action, which we wear right away. I sell items till the shop runs out of money again. I remember to leave a scroll of danger here, just in case. And notice there is a farmer here on my way out.

DDL:
Go back to the top of assassin's guild
"Sounds like a bunch of buggers to me..."
Let's not be hasty. I just need a shiny stick, it might be very useful
"But it lies embedded in stone? How will you get to it?
I have a hunch there might be some traps here. And more importantly, we should excersice our trap skills a bit down there. Useful for us now
"But if I fail a disarm I will be teleported...ah I see your point. Clever, you"
Those crystals of knowledge were worth it, she is getting smarter. But I wish I had saved them till now. I still need to find the room, that could be done by randomly teleporting, I guess, but I haven't the patience. I do have a magic mapping scroll, however, which gets blessed using my last holy water flask.

VDDL:
Dusty dungeon. I can see the Troll suppressing her natural female instinct, which is washing down any dusty place, or insisting that the closest male do it. We do what we came to do, gain much practise, and find the ironwood wand. While disarming we gain 100 xp per successful disarm, but of course also fail so much that we become attuned to the level in a special way.
"I do not wish to be attuned to this dust-hole!"
It only means that you can go down those stairs if you will, and slay anyone down there.
"So we are waiting for....what?"
Nothing for us there now. Well actually the dagger on its lonesome self would be better than any weapon I have, but I decide to stick with spears for now. And that was not because he prince would splatter us at this point, Im sure we could have used hit and run tactics, and kill him with sling or wands, but that would also ensure that we never can get that certain quest.

On the way out I notice an acid trap. And I know I have healing potions. Hmm. I lure a griffon to the trap, it gets hurt, then I throw a healing potion on it.
"You and your weird customs, human. I'm not even going to ask why you did that"
I then head back to the village dungeon. I am pretty sure at this point that I will head back to D:chaos, mabye harvest herbs in the big room, and mabye getting enough stomofillia to get crowned again. But also mabye not, and simply head down to Dwarfville and getting on with the game. In the village dungeon I find out that my trick did not work...I did not make the healer know we were able to excert mercy
"Right on! No mercy"
So we move on, to terinyo to give sheriff some outlaw corpses I had collected, then to the puppy cave altar, to get one water blessed. Big detour, but we have those nifty boots, so I don't worry. 55 days have passed. Back to wilderness.

We walk around in the swamp a bit, and hunt and kill a couple swamp hydras. Sling skill is now 7 and we only need 24000 xp to level 13 and pyramid. We are so getting along now. Head for top level of darkforge, again. Ogre lord is satifyingly killed very dead now. Steel golem is killed after training my sling skill to 8, and bow to 6. Killed by a crit hit from my bow. I get TWO increases in health, out of the blue. I then remember eating a swamp hydra corpse. Niiiice. I leave the level after walking around a bit killing. We have eaten two kobold shamen (shamans?) and are now fresh out of curaria. Time to herb-a-life. But on the OTHER hand, we could actually grab all the goodies from darkforge, weapons and armors. That would generate us an artifact, sadly, meaning harder precrown.

So we face a choice here, harvest herbs and get a second precrown, or get on with the game (grab the loot from darkforge, head for dwarftown and soon finish up pyramid and graveyard.

We decide we have time to harbest herbs and get another crowning. I also plan to not pacify the big room, to keep my exp up. I can handle anything the RNG should throw at me...on that level at least.

On second thought I decide to pacify after all. There is the danger of fire damage to my precious herbs. I have enough door wand charges to do it easily enough. Purple Haze ... no make that purple worms appear. They do they job nicely enough, filling up their 7x6 square pen.
"And the idea is to make them breed, and therefore gain much glory when I slay them?"
Actually the idea is to let them live and stop all other monster from appearing
"How? And more importantly, why?"
I suppose that when potential monsters are about to enter the level, they are told that there are already 40 monsters here, and that the level is full
"Full? 95% of it is open..."
Well. Hm. I guess they fear they will not gain glory if they gang up on you more than 40:1 odds.
"And you never told me why?"
To harvest herbs in peace, of course.
"Why would you think that I will ever do that?"
Tell you what, you can just go to ...rest... while I can step inside the game and harvest for you.
"You, puny human?"
Well it is perfectly safe now. So just lay back now.

And that is what I do. I do it for long that even I get bored (sadly I have no idea how much stomofillia I might need). I also gather stat-herbs and spenseweed. There are luckily two herb patches giving stomofillia, thanks to me strategic trimming earlier. Stats slowly rise, I harvest. This game sure can make you work at it...when dexterity hits its potential-cap at 18, I consume two claw bug corpses I had saved (from PC:2, actually). New dex 20. Willpower dropped down 19-15, but it will actually gain faster back, because first time from 15-19 I had to push the potential cap up. So what did I really gain? Well dex will be higher faster, and I judge it more important now. But I also got a speed point. This actually makes me wonder how many greater claw bugs I could kill by the temple (surface, we have no deathwish yet). I decide to look in on them after getting the stomofillia and the second precrown. Also I can go to the pyramid and pick up the climbing set, and from there head to the ToHK. First things first. Literacy skill is slowly climbing, due to me reading the papyrus scroll whenever I wait for herb repopulation. And in fact, if I get something horrible for my second precrown I can still level up to 14 and get a third. Only I would need a horrible amount of harvesting to do it. But first things first, I am harvesting, harvesting and the Troll is asleep, waiting for me to get "ON WITH IT"

Thus ends the 8th day.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 03:53 (GMT -5)

Excerpts from the SLG:
Character Information

Klawina St:28 Le: 9 Wi:19 Dx:22 To:35 Ch: 4 Ap: 7 Ma:14 Pe:10 N=
DV/PV: 36/29 H: 137(190) P: 28(28) Exp: 13/224773 M: 72342

Inventory
Total weight: 6080 stones Carrying capacity: 8550 stones

Head : uncursed rusty metal cap [+0, +1] [50s]
Neck : uncursed amulet of free action [3s]
Body : uncursed mithril chain mail (-1, -3) [-2, +7] [320s]
Girdle : uncursed metal girdle [+0, +1] [25s]
Cloak : blessed cloak of protection [+0, +3] [20s]
Right Hand : blessed adamantium spear (+1, 1d8+6) [36s]
Left Hand : uncursed medium adamantium shield [+7, +2] [72s]
Right Ring : blessed ring of damage [1s]
Left Ring : uncursed ring of fire resistance [1s]
Bracers : uncursed bracers of protection [+0, +5] [10s]
Gauntlets : blessed white leather gauntlets [+0, +0] [10s]
Boots : blessed seven league boots [-2, +2] [30s]
Missile weapon: uncursed rune-covered sling "Whirlwind" (+12, +12) [3s]
Missiles : heap of 7 uncursed rocks (+0, 1d4) [35s]
Tool : heap of 28 cursed moss patches of mareilon [56s]

Stuff

Total weight: 5408 stones Carrying capacity: 8550 stones [2s]

heap of 99 stomafillia herbs [198s]
heap of 68 stomafillia herbs [136s]
heap of 90 stomafillia herbs [180s]

12525 gold pieces [125s]

Weapon Skills

Melee weapon Lvl Hit Dam DV Level Required marks
Pole arms 10 +10 +6 +12 excellent 745
Twohanded weapons 4 +4 +4 +1 skilled 54

Missile weapon Lvl Hit Dam Ra Level Required marks
Slings 8 +16 +12 +2 excellent 354
Bows 6 +12 +9 +2 skilled 85

Shields Lvl DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- ------------- --------------
Shields 8 +16 excellent 720

Skills

Archery .................. 66 (good) [+1]
Athletics ................ 68 (good) [+1d5]
Bridge building .......... 34 (fair) [+3d5] (mr)
Climbing ................. 45 (fair) [+3d3]
Cooking ..................100 (superb) [+1d5] (mr)
Detect traps ............. 72 (great) [+1d3]
Disarm traps ............. 36 (fair) [+1d5]
First aid ................ 63 (good) [+1d5]
Fletchery ................ 18 (mediocre) [+3d4] (mr)
Food preservation ........100 (superb) [+2d4]
Gardening ................ 46 (fair) [+4d5]
Gemology ................. 28 (mediocre) [+2d4]
Haggling ................. 20 (mediocre) [+4d4]
Healing .................. 44 (fair) [+1d3]
Herbalism ................ 82 (great) [+1d3]
Listening ................ 86 (great) [+1d3]
Literacy ................. 49 (fair) [+1d5]
Mining ................... 16 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Pick pockets ............. 72 (great) [+1]
Smithing ................. 10 (poor) [+4d4]
Stealth .................. 61 (good) [+1]
Survival ................. 79 (great) [+1d5]
Woodcraft ................ 13 (mediocre) [+4d5]

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/16/2007 at 03:58 (GMT -5) by Molach]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5661 days, 14 hours, 1 minute and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 07:55 (GMT -5)

Looking good with the troll, and good job with the writing. This is a very nice read.

Now, a couple of things, you wrote:
"I hit very close, and suddenly realize I'm N=. And I don't know of any way to become N+. Silently curse my idiocy a bit, then bravely decide to kill the Crime lord. Amulet from the shiriff can push me to N+ after I have sacced enough"

What does this mean? You want to get N+ so as to get precrowned instead of crowning? Wouldn't it be easier to just kill some beggars or townfolk and drop down to N-?

"I decide to put ON my ex-cured [0,0] white gauntlets again, and not some [0,+1] ones. I quietly reflect that they probably saved our life when the invisible ogre magus hit us with ice back on D:3. 32 to 16 is not a lot, without white gauntlets it should likely have been a lot more."
Well, actually, they didn't help you at all :) Only gauntlets made of different dragon-hides give resistance, coloured leather doesn't have any magical properties.

Good luck and keep playing, and writing of course, can't wait for the next part :)
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 09:23 (GMT -5)

"What does this mean? You want to get N+ so as to get precrowned instead of crowning? Wouldn't it be easier to just kill some beggars or townfolk and drop down to N-?"

I always try to get the amulet of order, you could kill beggars but that amulet is very handy when pickpocketing a lot or trying to get a second precrown/postcrown. I think.

Great job on the writing, you've become some sort of inspiration for me :P After my first but weird victory I thought I would stop playing ADOM for a long time, but the next day I rolled a drakish farmer which is doing pretty well :) I tried to do a lot of the things you did :P btw, whirlwind is excellent compared to a certain tome I got for my precrown. And no chance for a second precrown.
For the Horde!
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: