Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Killing with poison - chaotic?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3117 days, 2 hours, 22 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 08:12 (GMT -5)

During a fight in a red dragon vault, my alignment dropped from N+ to N-. Normally I would have blamed that on pick pocketing, but I can't pick pocket dragons and did not try to.

The only reason I can think of is my emelard dagger combined with unholy aura corruption, which caused a lot of dragons to die of poison...
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 09:07 (GMT -5)

On a side note - that char just finished the game. Used wands of destruction, but killed all the balors and Fisty before I realised I had a SECOND wand in my back pack :P (mana battery corruption and run out of scrolls and potions).
Corruption up to 'P', but still got the unicorn, and 3 orb guardian corpses.
I'll post a brag-post about it when I'm finished with him.
A realist sees a train.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 1 hour, 47 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 10:44 (GMT -5)

Here's my guess, after poisoning the dragon, they become afraid of you and not hostile, then you get an alignment drop for killing a nonhostile creature. But, sounds weird, I don't think they turn nonhostile when they become scared of you.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 11:42 (GMT -5)

They all were hostile (they are until you make 'p'eace with them) and the drop of alignment was pretty severe for a 35+ level character IMHO.
A realist sees a train.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5763 days, 20 hours, 48 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 18:14 (GMT -5)

well, I once decided to use wands of poison on hotzy and his crew, and this does a couple of stupid things:

1: does not give you credit for kill in any positive way(exp or quest completion)

2: gives you negative alignment change

probably a bug that occurs sometimes, cuz this happened like 2x to me, and i've done this several times...maybe poison in general is just bugged?
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4149 days, 12 hours, 10 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 00:24 (GMT -5)

i played assassins a lot. and they love throwing poisoned daggers. lots of times Hotz and Kranach dropped dead because of poison never had any problems with quests or exp.

and Cura is using serpent's bite alot despite some number of victim's dying from poison i haven't noticed any negative effects. and she is not high level character.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5763 days, 20 hours, 48 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 18:57 (GMT -5)

I believe I specifically I noted,

"to use wands of poison"

I guess I'll have to test this....for the sake of completion. Btw, I think it's about time that there is a section of ADOM forum(like spoiler forum section or roguelikes) that deals with bugs, code, and the technicalities of the game that you normally dont deal with.

Such as dragon gold scumming, wish engine, gremlin bomb, bugs, formulas, etc. Dunno, it's just a suggestion...I mihgt send an email to Jan about it.

"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: