Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Lawfull days

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4121 days, 4 hours, 5 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 08:22 (GMT -5)

All the credits to Molach for starting DitL’s on these forums…

…dwarven elite guardians falled down like a couple of torn away leaves. My faithfull orcish knife penetration started whispering name: “Thrundarr”, but just before reaching throat of village elder I heard simple “Ding”. Small singlke cold coin hit my back breaking the spine, tearing through lungs and stoping inside my black heart.

Shopkeeper got me this time, but I come again blessed or cursed, drake or human, merchant or assassin until I succeed. And I went into the blackness feeling a thrill of a ne body to get in…

“We had enough of you and your chaotic deals”, someone echoees in the darkness.
“I always stayed neutral”, I calmly reply.
“We don’t speak about blessed balancing amulets and joggling with altars. Rather cosequences. You spoiled the name of neutrality and must repay.”
I remained silent in cold and darkness of nonexistence.
“You’ll have to lead a child of law to the glory” announced the voice.
“Sure” , I agreed with easy, “nothing to do”.
“On her terms”, finished the voice and obeyed since I have always prefered red blood of battle, any battle to cold black nothingness.

Falcon was the month we met. A start of autumn, festival of harvest and her 37 birtthday.
“Cura Newbuck, weaponsmith” she introduced herself, while I stared at 80cm (2’8”) of green eyed determination. And bulky hands…

Well, I won’t pretend this is all random. Month, sex, questions yes. Race and class – no. I always fancied this combo and never tried. Actually, I never went past Tower of Eternal Flames with weaponsmith. And my attitude to Lawfull characters?..
Let’s use the prayers and drop to neutrality.
So mostly I willll play against my habbits (and really not against Molach exchaotic trolliness). I hope so. I also hope I will have employ not so standart tactics as there will be no… You’ll soon see that exactly is not going to be in this game.

Hobit’s diary
Introduction:
character check:
Cura Newbuck (don’t laugh I used random hobit name generator on web, that is Soira converted to hurtling terminology)
St:18 Le:10 Wi:14 Dx:17 To:21 Ch:14 Ap:12 Ma:10 Pe: 14
Lawfull!!!
DV/PV: 12/3 H: 26(26) P: 8(8)
Very good. Not that good as it could be if I not randomized opening questions, sacking strength whenever possible since game will make us strong enough for carrying starting equipment anyway.
Still fancy combination.

Background Information:
She refuses to tell. Must be not much happy moments.

Inventory
Body : leather apron (-1, -1) [+0, +2][75s]
Right Hand : warhammer (+0, 2d3)[60s]
Right Ring : cursed aquamarine ring [1s]
Left Ring : ring of fire resistance [1s]

Stuff
Helmets ('[')
leather cap [+0, +0]—took away that crap at once. Tools (']')
heap of 3 torches
box with flint and steel (20)
tinderbox (10)
cooking set
anvil
iron ingot
Food ('%')
iron ration
loaf of elven bread
Valuables ('$')
28 gold pieces

Skillset:
Apraising-never missed that, could help early on, but unreliable
Archery – at 10 with 3d3 dice. We will work on this.
Athletics –20+ but 4d5 dice. High priority.
Climbing – will be a headache if we survive.
Concentration – 10+ 4d5. Not interested. With her learning and literacy… hopefully selftrain at some point.
Cooking – 60+. More than enough.
Detect traps – 9, 3d5 dice. Somewhat priority.
Find weakness – 10+, 3d5 dice. Another high priority.
First Aid – 20+, hopefully we train this.
Food preservation – 54, 1d3 dice. Would be priority if not that dice value.
Gardening - not worth to discuss.
Haggling – same.
Listening – autotraining one, useless anyway.
Literacy – 8, 3d4 dice. We will work on this at some point.
Metalurgy – look gardening.
Smithing – 50+, 4d4 dice. Low priority. At least for a while.
Stealth – look literacy, except for special use than combined with climbing.

Talents:
Long stride-hard to deny - good talent early on.
Alert+miser – I am surely aiming for Treasure Hunter. After declaring my opinion on that. Simply I don’t see much options in our situation.

Chapter One
Getting going

Before hitting the road, I hit A to quickmark skills. I like my first aid being in the same place, as smithing, as detect traps… There are signifacntly less than 9 skills I like to apply. And putting something like Alchemy at safe place helps also.

Plans:
Major - set up possibility of healing.
Minor – getting extra basic equipment.

While I play with interface, Cura reaches village. Chatters with village elder about harvest and mad carpenter, pays a visit to a shop to speak about turnips and sell iron ration, buy 3 large and get some profit. We decide eat one immediately and dump anvil and ingots near village border to free carrying capacity.

I take her farther from sheriff. I just don't wanna Kranach jump at next wilderness square.

“Let’s go to Infinite Dungeon. Do a stairwalk, get stuff and experience.”
“No.”
“What?!!”
“It is a corrupted monument of law. We not going there until gate is closed.”
“What a f…?”
“And watch what you are speaking with ladies”.
Well, ladies don’t work with hammer and anvil, but I shut up and we go fo a lawwhatever for a first kill...and may be some rocks in black market.

Bandit village:
We immediately light a torch for extra sight line. well hostile assassin and non hostile outlaw, hmm. Quick look at assassins speed. 110. So we won’t outrun with longstride.
Luckily it is still four tiles away.
“Quickly take away that stupid leather apron.”
“You want me stand in middle of town in my underwears?”
“Look that guy is twice your size and well trained in finishing human lives. We take whatever advantage we have.”
Luckily apron goes of just in time. We swing at assassin our warhammer with berserking bloodlust. Miss. Receive 6 points back and become poisoned. Repeat and take him down.
Consider praying at that time, but that would use up our all prayers. First for heal, second for removing poison. Maybe later.
“Nice kill. With a little luck we probably can end with just 21 assassin on our list.”
“Why should we stop at such a low number?”, shows interest Cura.
“Well, once we hunt for Filk, I mean when we will be done with old crone and back from chaotic alignment…”
“Don’t bother me”, interrupts she, “That is not happening.”
“What?!!”
“Chaotic alignment, I was born lawfull and will die lawfull. That is my way.”
“But… very is lot of advantages… we should consider at least neutrality… temporarily..”
“NO WAY” and she skillfully moves gold pieces to missile slot. Prevents cutpurses from their job, and when you aim at someone even with 1gp it is very clear who is hostile and who is not.

NOTICE: challenge - stay lawfull in whole game, avoid any possible chaotic acts.
Consequences:
-no pickpocket/thief guild training. (that is why I picked TH prerequisites)
-no ultra, so I might have killed rat or goblin, just this is experience sharing. And i prefer assassin for a first kill. If I can handle it.
-no grave digging, including sword of Nonnak
-no dwarf killing for pickaxes/ problems with obtaining blink dog corpses.
-problems with altars in general. As it is too risky convert them.
-no shop robbing and a like.
Bonuses:
early crowning/reduced corruption.
Given fact we bypass lot of bloody work in corrupting areas, I say I will ignore 90 days limit at all.
extra challenge: avoid scumming.
no ID, no gremlin bomb, banshee in animated forest and so on...

Quick check: xp96 already.
Few steps later outlaw turns hostile and second assassin pops up. Speed check is positive so we sneak behind the shop keeping a distance. If anyone shows up from opposite direction we will jump to wilderness and immediately get back again leaving stupid bandits behind shop and taking front door.
Actually only poisoning prevents from doing so immediately. Poison in wilderness might do lot of damage fast. And no first aid chances.

Instead we move to small house again, to introduce our heroine to crime lord. In fact he and his bodyguards usually attacks initially hostile guys.
If you make something angry they don't, and…
“They gained some power from those kills”, complains Cura, “Are we enchancing evil lords?”
“One bandit killing another, that not to enjoy about?”
“I will think about this” she answers.
“You better concentrate on First Aid”
“How in world I use First Aid against poison?”
“Just keep trying”
quikcheck 3 fails later: Hp 10/26.
Well, ready to pray and apply first aid we crawl towards black market.
It has some nice stuff for skyhigh prices. We opt for a simple: sell leather cap for 8gp, and take heap of 7 rocks. Which makes 1gp profit…
Stuff worth to remember: amulet of rapid healing (2.7kgp), potion of exchange. No scrolls of ID or uncursing.
we use shopkkepers habbit block way out to deal with poison at safe place.
6hp at moment and first aid still refuses to work...
we got away at 4hp with no prayers. that was nasty. (and I could just take orc for a first kill… you can start calculating my mistakes).
We show ourselves in smc to generate monsters, keeping fingers crossed not to run in jackals on plains and head for carpenter.
Gracefully choose not to ambush some hobgoblins on a way.
Quickcheck: damage on normal tactics
hammer +4 2d3+3
rocks +9 1d4+10
kick +2 1d4+2
Comments not needed.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

Chapter II Getting healing
Plans: same as before.
Plan completion: rocks are awesome addition.

Quick check: possibilities of aquamarine ring. According to my knowledge hurthlings start with danger level 1-3 rings. If I do not miscalculate that ring is not damage and not one from self identifying and not fire resist.
Left options: luck, searching, cold, acid, stun resistance, fish.
I'd bet it is acid or stun. Or my knowledge in rings is not that good as I imagine.

First thing we met is goblin rockthrower. We milk him for extra rocks.
While dancing with goblin we feel some tension. Let's hope we don't touch that.
9 rocks later gobrock switches to melee and we land our hammer on him.
Next kobold. Arrows are also good even if we don't have bow yet.
Our torch reminds by burning out. Stupid, stupid me.

We end in empty level with two closed doors and a tension room and arrow trap somewhere in corridor to assist us.
I cross fingers and Cura starts using detect traps. 10+ tries later we figure one door is tricky one. So let's move to next one.
Which refuses to open so we kick it down. Straight through flash trap, luckily avoiding blinding light as Cura is not standing in front of door.
And we are greeted by horde of goblin rockthrowers. We switch to coward and proceed back to arrow trap picking any rocks thrown.
It will be nice festival of thrown archery.

First goblin killed - hello level 2. Picking is tough since food preservation is on 1d3 dice and athletics is on 4d4 but only 6 points till maximum.
After some survival thinking I pick - detect traps, find weakness and first aid.
Yeap, first aid. There is a bunch against me, and damn know that might get spawn between me and stairs.
And I bet we hit lv3 before gobrocks are over.
4 guys later - I pick archery, athletics, detect traps and TH talent. We officially back in business.
And get +1ST for free.

Arrow trap does half the job and we cook remaining corpses.
"Why?"
"We might eat some of them", I answer softly, "if we need."
"I am no bloody cannibal."
"They are not hurthlings", I try desperately, "and I can prove that eating humanoids is not evil act, just give..."
"No, unless I am dying of starvation", she answers firmly.
"Sounds like a deal"
"And forgetting to buy food doesn't count."
"Okay. We will leave goblins, rocks and a like, but you won't mind munching a couple of giants for an extra..."
She stands silently examining goblin's sling and than firmly proceeds
"We speak about principles not gain."
I put away both talking and sling for a while and we proceed to tricky door.
It of course falls straight on Cura braking some arrows from trap. Not a big loss.
Couple swings later - hello lv4: archery, athletics, find weakness.
Two steps later we get cold shower in form of water trap and our faithful hammer rusts. The only replacement is broadsword picked from skeleton but we decide to stick with rocks.

Still on VD1 orc drops thick girdle 15s and I decide to put it on.
If worst comes worst and it is cursed carrying I still got one prayer or uncursing. Or I can pray until items turns to dust.
"I thought we worship Shalla", comes out surprising question.
"Sure we do. That was your way."
"So ho comes you think about her in market terms."
"I...I just evaluating our chances".
Well it is uncursed carrying.
Next level gives us a real gift - tower shield (-2)[8,0].
Our main point now is to proceed to healer ASAP. And let some hits to bounce of a shield.
One level down - orc drops scale mail. Genarally this is penalty to hit and DV for PV. Sounds quite good. We possibly regain DV by shield marks. And our apron is already giving penalties.
We shoot homunculus on sight before he plays sleeping tricks on Cura and we get to Lv5: archery, athletics, find weakness.
Common, I'm shooting better than hitting. Athletics gives stats and speed and criticals… well, they might be lifesaver.
Quick check: speed – 104. Combined with long stride that gives as good chance for running.

Vd4-no healer no stairs down, time for kick checking the walls for really hurting place.
We simply kick through. Strength at 19 helps.
Vd5- I somehow decided to try on light boots. We got cursed 0/0 boots.
Cura doesn’t look that dextrous any more.
“What’s up?”
“Hurthlings receive some penalties from boots, you knew that, didn’t you? ”
“Well, yes.”
“So you are hurting me on purposes?”
“A… you just need to see a bigger picture”
Anyway risk taken - damage done. Honestly VD7 isn't nice place so every bit could have helped.
Another cold water trapped shower and our scale mail and tower shield rusts, as do backup broadswords and crude knives
And our faithful hammer is already broken. I still got some rocks... but in case of any doplegangers we switch to handaxe, apraised as fair.

Rng rewards with bow and 20arrows bunch but I am not to eager to go into cursed item department once again.
Blink dog appears to be here but we have no bones to tame him, and Cura doesn’t want to kill such a cute, friendly creature.

With five points of Pv and berserk archering we are doing just fine.
You know brave hobbit tactics - run on coward, throw at berserk. Abuse speed.
In Vd6 - shield marks kick in for extra +2dv and we switch carrying girdle for metal one and extra point of PV. Luckily that one is also uncursed.

Next finding multicolored cloak. 20stones defines it as either defense or protective one… +3pv cames from previously empty slot.
I hit level six and gain power to smelt items. That a crap.
“Just give me forge… and a new hammer… and something to work on.”
Skill points: detect traps, find weakness, smithing. It is a long way untill I use it but... I don’t see better options. (great with three rises per level I am already running of options.)
Talents: I think about hardy into Pv but that is single point after three levels... and go for good shot.
We are heading into trouble and relying on thrown rocks.

I hang a bit on vd6 - for rocks go up a level and head to a carpenter's doom house.
I drop extra stuff on square north to stairs, that does unburden me. And gives a chance that someone for goes after me will pick and maybe equip.
Broken rusty hammer for example…
Quick check: defense on coward: 33/9
Handle floating eye, ochre jellies combo (“Who needs these stupid melee weapons, if we have rocks?”).
Level 7 kicks - archery, athletics, smithing. Bonus+1dx
I found carpenter in a company of female wererat. Everyone has his own taste...

i lure him away from rats, leaving one rat between me and carpenter in the corridor. Just in case of dopleganger.
Hyena manages to drop plate mail.. I switch to it trading even more DV and some missile proficiency to extra PV.
Some ratling fencer drops watery potion.
After a bit more running and throwing we get healing.
“Kick air a bit…”
“Ouch…”
“And a bit more…”
“Ouch… I am straining legs stupid guy.”
“That is point in doing so.”
“You trying to hurt me again?”
“No…that is… a…mmm… kung fu.”
“What?”
“An eastern art which combined with healing gives you a long and happy life. No kick again.”
“Ouch…And have we…I do that for a long time?”
“No, just a month or two…”
On way back kobolds drop book but with our literacy and learning it better to be put in backpack.
Vd2 - surprises as we swarmed by pit vipers. Since we remember pleasure of poison and have not gained any spider corpses we run to gain distance and than rock them to death.
Vipers give lv8 – archery, find weakness, smithing. I do believe healing is better in kung fu way than wasting 3d5 dice for somewhat like ten points gain.
I found secondary bow and since they stack I guess they are uncursed so we can switch to bow training.

Vd1 – we try to walk over water trap carefully but we get shovered again with loss of four scrolls and spellbook.
Stupid halfling, stupid boots, stupid me.

In village we sell cooked kobolds and orcs and buy more large rations.
Also read manual of bridge building and leave it and remaining scrolls on top of anvil.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 02:56 (GMT -5)

Chapter III
In search for puppy

Plan completion: awesome:)
Plans for a day:
Major - get loads of ore
Secondary - get acid resistance (I’d give 40% chance we got that through cursed ring)
Minor – locate puppy’s corpse if possible.

“Wait a minute. What a corpse?” complains Cura.
“We bubbled a little with carpenter about bridge building, remember?”
“So?”
“It is already day 5. Small stupid dogs usually starve to death by that time…”
“You… you are really evil person. I am not talking to you anymore.”

So we go to puppy cave in silence. Pc1 greets us with a heavy spear on a floor. Another milestone. So we put away axe and switch back to rocks as it is not healthy to have untrained melee and missile weapon at same time.
We get another shower from water trap, rusting our girdle and cooking set.
“Can’t they install warm water?”
Luckily this time scrolls and bridge manual are safe in village.
Dopleganger drops potion of exchange. It is already two of them. Mmmmm…
Rng must be preparing revenge.
Pc2: We walk a bit around, train spears to lv1, head back to starting room closing all the doors behind.
Cura honestly practices kung fu in conjunction with first aid.
Since I don’t receive any answer to proposal eat some cooked orcs, we head back to village restock large rations. That a waste of money…
First aid starts to crawl up as does find weakness. Which means we are no longer in high need to pump later, as it hits autotraining mode.
As I am trying to think about skill increases after ants, healing skill kicks in and a couple w5 later brown ant come in our room.

10 ants later we get acid resistance for sure and proceed to check the level.
Actually our DV/PV holds of ant warriors so I use them to increase polearm/shield marks before finishing with rocks.

After some rock handling we hit lv9: athletics, smithing, healing. Talent: keen shot, extra point of dexterity. Mmmm, lowering it with already 90+ points in athletics might not been such a bad idea.
We dance around cat and leave it on pc1 behind closed doors
Quick check – ore:
Iron - 34
Mithril-14
Adamantium - 10
Eternium - 8
Rock pile – 100+ stackables

Still on pc2 hill orc throws crude spear so we upgrade, our main weapon.
Pc3 we manage to detect explosive rune on closed door. Since it is blocking our advance and Cura is determined to find puppy. We kick it on coward, nude and having all our stuff three tiles back. Explosion takes only 6 hp and we hit road again.
We even manage to deal with bunch of claw bugs using our bow.
Tension room of rats provides wand and water. We try wand on dopleganger. We missed it but blue ray shows stun wand, so for now tweak is wand of stunning.

Pc4-we found herbs, pick to lonely bushes, leaving stable patern and stabilizing another. After calculation I decide we are on pepper+morgia and alraunia+stoma.
Somehow I decide to eat Id herbs.
“You hurting me again… I’m poisoned and starving…”
“C’mmon try that one which tasted like mint. Not smelt, tasted. No three more smellies. Good girl”
We start munching morgia. In middle of small scale harvesting we hit Lv10 – athletics {hitting to 100}, archery, food preservation. Morgia does work increasing toughness and wisdom.
We hit down to Pc5 and light torch. Extra sight is good. Necromancer summons a bunch of ghuls, and dark eleven wizard provides some spiders.
Well, rocks rock:). And we put on new amulet. Risky, but not much. There are no really bad amulets so early. Appears we got noncursed protection+2. And we munch spider corpse.
“That is really for your own good”, I am trying to explain.
Pc6
“I feel strange excitement” brakes silence Cura.
“We got horde of monster somewhere here”
“I am more than prepared” she replies glancing at 100 rocks stack in missile slot.
We sneak carefully ahead until I am relieved with sight of hyenas. Gnolls doesn’t fight back much. We check our tressure:
two extra crude spears, medium shield 120s… I take look at ethereal manuals and foun out that one is crystal and averages at [9,4], some wands, some gems and a very fine cloak 30s.
“Let’s try it on.”
“May be later.”
“But you are forcing me to try wearing bigger part of crap I found.”
“I… we better leave it for special ocassion. Let say than we reach a city.”
“What city?”
“Dwarven, in some caverns,” luckily that does satisfy her curiosity.
Still on VD6 ve hit lv11 -food preservation killing the dice, healing, healing. Athletics yearns +1dx, and toughness jumps to 25 from herbs I guess…
No signs of puppy Kenny so we kick search for extra doors.
In secret area female Ratling thief drops corpse of cute dog.
“I’ve told you thieves are no good.”
“Okay, let’s rest for today.”
“No, we owe village for this doggy.”
“We saved carpenter, remember.”
“And got discount on food for that, remember, you arranged that”
Before I found any answer we are on pc2 again. Since it reminds big room very much we test wands - monster creation identifies itself, oak one gives knocking sound, pine gives rumbling sound and black ray so it is digging.
In village I sell in giant spider and kobold shaman, just in case we get around humanoid eating problem and Cura chatters with sheriff. I join in cashing in cooked bandit for 75gp and we get nice quest to kill friendly crime lord.

Bandit village again
Black market restocked giving away secret of scroll of uncursing. Luckily we got one such already. So blessed uncursing is not that far.
We offer some stuff, checking prices and switch to (+1, 1d8+4) orcish spear.
We scratch up to 2500 in gold, and that gives a bit to think about. That could be around 8 random keys from ratling with girlish discount (with Cura’s appearance thay com for 300gp a piece)or some stuff in black market.
I opt for second, but before I sort out stuff cura is already next to crime lords house.
“Hey, clever guy got any ideas?”
“Throw rocks and keep distance. We got about 15percent speed advantage.”
“It is not very fine just to attack people resting at home.”
“Okay, we may pick some ore and head for…”
“We promised to sheriff, remember…”
I tal her that first we need to find beggars and donate/plead some booze. At least one pot for identifying.
Except there are none available.
“Okay, listen carefully, wait until they are all in line, and zap tweak wand on them.”
“Why?”
“It might alter they mind in correct way so we resolve situation.”
“Mind changing ray.”
“Yeap, very strong magic.”
Zap, we miss and Hotzenplotz and his bodyguards starts running on us.
“You promised…”
“They changed their minds, didn’t they? Remember – run and throw, throw and run.”
Couple minutes later Cura rocks them to death for 3.5k gold
So it is shopping time:
Shopping list:
Red leather gauntlets [0,1] 212
Amulet of light 644
Necklace rapid healing 2692 (should be uncursed)
Wand of fire [0] 644
Potion of exchange 536
Potion of confusion 856
Grand total 5584
“Highway robbery that is” complains Cura while we hunt a bit in village hoping for a beggar to spawn, but no luck.
So we cash some more cooked bad guys collect marble amulet and head back to Puppy cave.

Char list:

Cura Newbuck
St:21 Le:10 Wi:16 Dx:19 To:25 Ch:14 Ap:13 Ma:10
Pe:14 L
DV/PV: 30/18 H: 119(119) P: 36(36) Exp: 11/32577 M: 14992
Inventory
Head : -
Neck : necklace of rapid healing [2s]
Body : plate mail (-1, -5) [-4, +7] [500s]
Girdle : girdle of carrying [+0, +0] [15s]
Cloak : cloak of protection [+0, +3] [20s]
Right Hand : orcish spear (+1, 1d8+4) [75s]
Left Hand : medium crystal shield [+9, +4] [160s]
Right Ring : cursed aquamarine ring {mediocre} [1s]
Left Ring : ring of fire resistance [1s]
Bracers : -
Gauntlets : red leather gauntlets [+0, +1] [10s]
Boots : cursed light boots [+0, +0] [20s]
Missile weapon: -
Missiles : heap of 104 rocks (+0, 1d4) [520s]
Tool : -
Stuff
medium shield Cloaks ('[')
fine cloak Girdles ('[')
rusty metal girdle [+0, +1] leather girdle [+3, +0] Boots ('[')
gnomish boots {mediocre} Necklaces (''')
amulet of light amulet of protection +2
opal amulet
amber amulet
One-handed weapons ('(')
knife of the eagle (-1, 1d3)
crude spear
crude spear
Missile weapons ('}')
heap of 2 short bows (+1, +0)
Missiles
Some arrows and quirrels
Rings ('=')
scratched ring
Wands ('\')
wand of fire (0 charges)
glass wand {fair}
teak wand {mediocre}
wand of monster creation (3 charges)
oak wand {mediocre}
pine wand
teak wand
Potions ('!')
heap of 2 potions of exchange
potion of confusion
light potion {fair}
heap of 3 watery potions {fair}
white potion {mediocre}
slimy potion
gray potion
green potion
heap of 2 rainbow-hued potions
green potion {good}
Scrolls ('?')
scroll labeled "CHUTZPAH"
scroll labeled "HcUo"
heap of 2 scrolls labeled "FROTZ" {fair}
scroll labeled "GNOZAB"
scroll of uncursing
scroll labeled "ABABILA"
scroll labeled "KTTdLwrgt"
scroll labeled "CHUTZPAH"
Valuables ('$')
609 gold pieces
Gems ('*')
red gem
brown gem
white gem
brown gem

Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/19/2007 at 09:28 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 00:41 (GMT -5)

Chapter IV Up and down

“I thought hurthlings are skilled with herbs.”
“Yes, I can weed gardens very well.”
“Probably you shouldn’t pick these nice herbs as they were weeds…”
So we farm a bit, putting stress on pepper petals. Meanwhile we use some bones to tame blink dog, which gets killed without dropping a corpse or summoning others. Despite Cura’s protests we pick only iron ore and proceed around river, through a forest and plains to Caverns of Chaos.

Plans completion – brilliant:)
Plan of a day:
Main – reach dwarftown, establish safe base.
Secondary – get stuff ID.
Minor ones – to numerous to mention.

Since we are strong enough we simply force main plan.
D1: drop ore and descend without exploring.
D2: we are excited again. We manage to spot bunch kobolds and proceed further without mayhem.
D3: we hit arena and wererat’s minions donates lv12 – archery, concentration and literacy. Talent - quick. Basically to obtain quick shot on lv15.
We found only one lizard merchant, which slightly worrie’s me.
“I cook good. Wanna some soft cooked dog?”
We collect couple tattered notes from ratling rebel.
While Cura chatter’s with ratling traders I arrange test file.
Kobold doesn’t make much resistance.
On fight four gnoll appears in company of pit vipers and it is clearly new open pit behind them. Surprisingly as gnoll is down we are not forced to fight against vipers.
D4: we spot stairs down very fast.
D5: tension feeling, we leave it in peace.
D6: ants. Good, except being next to up stairs.
D7: big room. Somehow we are out of torches, so we use knife of eagle to notice downstairs five tiles away. Pick some herbs and descend.
D8: strange smell. Si is on teleport trap so we need find way back get. In process we pick mithril splint mail. Kick find secret passage back to Si.
D9: excitement again and a white altar. We sack some cooked orcs to get Shaala very happy and bless our girdle of carrying.
D10: dwarftown
“I don’t see myself in this fine cloak!”
“Nice, isn’t it? Now we could sneak into that shop…”
But Cura is visible again. So we talk to priest to identify cure poison, healing potions.
Dwarftown shop contains second girdle of carrying, crossbow, waterproof blanket, ring of speed, potion of mana and book of frost bolt.
We talk with village elder about portal.
“What portal?”
“Just let me do talking, okay?”
And get quest to kill outlaw leader… Idea to get back for ore starts looking lot of better. We also pay for learning lessons.

Buy a small key in shop and examine doors to obtain sample of pattern of locks.
And we block of back alley behind dwarf shop with one charge of glass wand to create our private house.
“It stinks here.”
“But that is really safe place for stuff… like ore.”
As we leave uncursed small key of course breaks. Dwarf luckily has restocked so we sell unwanted stuff in order to obtain another point of learning and fix broken key.
We take some dwarven guardian for a walk outside but as he is not interested in small ladies we leave him to dig stuff.
Explosive rune takes away cloak of protection and nice +2dx gloves.
D9: we lead sack a bit and then tore into undead vault.
Quick check: shield - lv7.
I make point that undead’s are uncookable and she proves I am wrong with zombie corpse.
We sell crap from vault to order yet another point of learning. And we upgrade to slightly better mithril chainmail.
We life sack until our spirit goes up and think we start we could get precrowned here…
So we sack and buy learning. Meanwhile dwarf digs out some eternium ore. Since we bored we reread ratling pamphlet lots of time. Lots. Suddenly we are hit by cone of ice, so run towards altar on cowards and manage name check positions and suck our invisible enemy.
Funny you call someone moron and he immediately shows his position.
We cash in Si’s and buy yet another le point. Literacy grows for 10 points on pamphlet reading.
Finally we get extremely close and Cura prays a bit. I cross fingers as she picks up fresh gift.
Quick check: Scorched spear –
(+2, 3d8+1) [+2, +0]
It is a plant slayer.
It grants immunity to cold attacks.

Quote of a day:
“and they call that artifact. I smithed better ones back in Shire.”
Cura Newbuck, weaponsmith.

D8: gives as helm of leadership [+3,+2]{Ch+6}
We cross big room again and lock ourselves far from ants. Suddenly we hear wind howling.
Cura complains about losing hammer and I wonder that is better free ore or possibility to lock off forge. We decide to use ore and start kung fu lessons followed by reading ratling stuff.
Ants gives us lv13 and papyrus scroll. Skills: concentration, find weakness, find weakness (pushing over 70), detect traps.
Forge is not exposed very badly but we decide to drag ore home. As we head to dwarftown an outlaw leader pops out of dark room. Furthermore he pleases us by droping large hammer so we are back in smithing.
We pick up all unidentified stuff and speak with old dwarf.
Identification - amulets—balance/petrification resistance/fee action
Potions - some booze/some troll blood/balance/
And our cursed ring is acid resistance.
We sell cooked ants and some crap and si’s and we scratch 12k
Time to buy more learning.
We also obtain ring of speed and new spawn wand of acid together with some minor additions.
“We could save a bit cash for worse days.”
“Maybe it is wiser to buy better tomorrow straight away.”
D5 spawns a gremlin and we have a wand of trap creation.
Cura insists that breeding monsters Is not her way so we don’t manufacture gremlin bomb.
D2: clear kobold vault for minor gain.
D1: we loose key to our sweet stinking home and girdle of carrying due to acid trap.
So we had back to dwarftown buy another carrying girdle and point of learning. Kick open home and create another door lockable with other key.
We jump back to acid trap to collect stuff and get out of our cursed boots. Double acid resistance smoothes pain to 1hp per trap activation.

D3 - do rest of fighting until fight 19, trap teleport dwarf in process.
As Cura seems to be highly interested in artifact quality’s we put on fine cloak and sneak into big room.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 03:32 (GMT -5)

Cahapter V Smithing and farming

"Where... where in the world am I?"
"Digital bin. And now keep silent one, untill i paste save files back to where they belong."
"It is so cold... cold, black and empty..."

In this nonexistant part of story we became millionaires abusing baby dragons and our cloak of invisibility. Honestly we also used two baby dragon figurines from pet shop, one of this became cursed while we(mainly she) were dancing naked next to annis hag.
We picked moon sickle and had second precrown inside pyramid possible, when some stupid mob picked some stupid wand and world slightly crashed from such unsurpassed action.

And now we swirl back into big room.
Plans to boring to discuss.
To be continued.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 09:27 (GMT -5)

Chapter IV v. 2.0 Farming, smithing and making money

Revised goals: getting second precrown
Secondary: enhance stats and equipment

Chances for precrowning:
– live sacrifices – very boring
– herb farming – even more, unless we get second scroll of repair
– dragon gold doubling – potentially easy

“We hurthlings deal with dragons very good” - Cura

So we choose not to tame room performing selective killing and remaining invisible. Hopefully some baby dragons will appear leading to precrown and we collect some herbs in process.
Since Cura still refuses eat humanoids we need to play around werecratures, involving them into melee, getting couple rounds of summons, disposing werecreature and using his cooked minions as food support.
While doing this Lv14 kicks in bringing … quadruple climbing. I somehow feel we need start pushing in that direction.
We stabilize herbs, take notice of white baby dragon and head back to sell crap in dwarftown.
Luckily dwarf has sorted out our sold crap and we rebuy broadsword of hunting.

“You told we are not interested in swords. Any swords.”
“Wel, we are interested in hunting, right? This gives a food support.”

Also since learning is 19 and literacy above 60 we try spellbook picking up light. Bookcasting should work on our concentration at last.
We tame another cute yellow dog and despite us wasting three healing potions on him he dies without gain.
Some herb generations later we found second baby dragon. That is moneyx4 if we could scratch 70k gold we could get that stupid precrowning.
Some moments later we manage to run into lightning vortex who takes away our second girdle of carrying and precious spellbook of light.
Bright side - while reducing our weight we notice second scroll of repair, and we have cursed scroll of uncursing handy. So we calculate stomafilia 46 that is 46k in gold. Plus 30 k cash with two dragons that is 120. Still missing but not that much.
Firedrake corpse gives us fire resistance.
We get into problems with red worms and hit lv15:
Climbing, detect traps, 2xfind weakness. Talent - quick shot, honestly Cura can smith these pathetic points in DV/PV with ease.
On way to sell crap yet again, black wizard summons 8 cave lions.
We drag baby dragon from big room and use him to annihilate some of them, and few seconds later we get third white baby dragon. That solves our cash problems.
While we pick some more stat herbs we big room spawns 4th dragon so we are good as ever.
We dance with them a bit increasing gold amount.
One drops corpse – and we munch him for cold resistance.
Without girdle of carrying we can’t drag that much gold. So we pick and sack 250thousand for another extremely close.
As Cura skillfully prays werewolf lord appears with big teeth and huge claws aimed towards little girl.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/19/2007 at 09:29 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5798 days, 19 hours, 5 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

"dragon gold doubling"

*Battle bunny stops reading*
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
zv
Registered user

Last page view:

5631 days, 23 hours, 3 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 17:33 (GMT -5)

*boo* on dragon-doubling
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 1 hour, 10 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 17:40 (GMT -5)

HoF forum Arena?
For the Horde!
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5856 days, 7 hours and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 17:55 (GMT -5)

What's dragon gold doubling?
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 21:08 (GMT -5)

a) you can read my opinion in that thread
http://adom.brinkster.net/forum/messages.asp?thread=5226&start=51084&page=3
b) this is sort of educational
c)i've already made enough oaths in that game. iirc, taking dragon's gold was always reviewed as lawfull act.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 08:45 (GMT -5)

Saying that dragon gold doubling is a feature is pure idiocy if you forgive me, and the Casino money is at least an intentional feature.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 10:19 (GMT -5)

you are not reading this, remember, bunny?
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 11:20 (GMT -5)

Sorry for resuming to read. *slaps forehead*
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 14:54 (GMT -5)

Chapter V In the yellow pyramid.

I would like to start chapter “Our little lady swiftly picked up emerald dagger and swung its poisoned blade into werewolf’s heart. ”
Except that coward summoned some wolves. So we stepped back into corner as all passages where blocked by summons and started slicing them down.
And we sacrificed werewolf lord for a glory of Shaala as soon as he stepped onto white altar.
After a battle we cooked some wolves and Cura happily examined emerald dagger:

“That is a perfect weapon for hurthling.”
I somehow decided not to share my doubts about poison and lawfulness.

Quick check:
emerald dagger "Serpent's Bite" (+3, 3d4+3) [+3, +1]
It is a humanoid slayer.
It grants resistance to poison.
It is very good at scoring critical hits in melee.
(and it's always poisoned)

On our second gold dragging to dwarftown Cura noticed:
”These must have been five dragons.”
I silently agreed and we dropped 100k to Garth to move our learning roof to 20.
“Won’t that affect their economy?” wondered Cura
I actually wondered that she probably is already smarter than me, couse booze in Green Griffon Inn is good but doesn’t enchance mental strength.
“If that mountain of crappy stuff in their shop didn’t some money injection definitely won’t” answered I.

Since she seems to be smart enough we bought book of frost bolt, blessed it, read it and get destroyed by flames…
“Luckily no one was hurt” said Cura with relief
I kept silent again as I felt our lawful days were so close to becoming chaotic rage…
We also rebought girdle of strength to increase carrying capacity.
Cura made point that if kept that one, we could have saved 800gp at least, which I countered with fact we had two girdle of carrying at that moment.
Since we (she) were very eager to smith a bit, we headed for D6. we managed to close in forge with shameful collection of three different keys.
So Cura melted our iron ore.
Meanwhile I listed some old book called “Hurthling rogues’ manual”

Quick check: Dragon gold doubling
“Not only wyrms are very greedy, so is the magic surrounding them. If you donate them money on free will it will immediately double in dragons hands. Of course wyrms distrust men to much to take gold from hands, but if you leave money in dragons path and hide away hes is very likely to pick gold.
Downside is if dragon notices you ghe can melt gold by his terrifying breath. And in order to get your money back, you need to hunt down the correct dragon. All this makes adult dragons not so profitable ones, baby ones on a contrary are easy to trick and deal with.
Just don’t forget dragon gold has to…”

The next page was missing and Cura was too excited about smiting her helm to [+8, +8] to be asked about that.
So we headed to some small clearing in forest, wher Old barbarian told us to kill more monsters we first slayed.
Cura was somehow doubtful if anyone wants to send twenty assassins to hunt us but I proposed we hunt them instead.
We met party of assassins on road and emerald dagger did the job. Since party had only twelve members we went into very dusty dungeon and trained detect traps a bit. As soon as Cura with a scream went through first teleport trap we(I) calculated remaining. And they were not so hard to spot by.
Well, it is very simple pattern. Each tile where teleport trap could be has it:).
We zapped a wand of item detection to check for extra wand and opened up downstairs. We managed to destroy our wand of digging by discounting charges and wrenching it on first attempt.

“You are getting our best stuff destroyed, first girdles, than book and now wand. Maybe you shouldn’t visit that dwarven inn that often.”
Well, girls aren’t very stable on certain days.

We play with traps till we feel attuned to place a lot. And descend top dreadful guild of assassins. Black silk, shadows and whispers and lot of dead poisoned bodies. Assassins give us a little resistance and lv15---climbing (reaching max)/archery (killing dice)/2xdetect traps and concentration since we have new spellbook.
We head back to old =barbarian and Cura babbles about courage and value.
We head back to dwarftown because our herbal training reached max and we need to check means to get sick.
Cura silently groans about males being so crude and happily shows that our stack has only two devil roses.
We (she) use one and proceed on munching herbs.
We sort of stuff and I take notice of a red crown from assassin’s guild which might come handy in not so far future.
Somehow I notice Cura is dropping money into another pile.

“Isn’t it better to keep money in one place? At least if we need to pick it fast?”
“I am not… not shuffling my gold with dragon gold. It…”she doesn’t seem to be comfortable “It is not the right one.”
And she hands me missing pages of “Hurthlings rogues guide” full of stupid superstitions about dragon gold.
“We can get rid of it fast, okay? Maybe donate to beggars?”
I groan asking why she needed gold if we can’t keep it.
“I am from poor family and… and we had lot of hungry days.” Explains she “And being hungry is quite a shame for hurthling, so than I saw… saw all these stupid dragons. I couldn’t stop”

Well, I promise her to dispose that gold in reasonable time. And don’t give it away for someone cause it might bring bad luck on poor person.
So we farm herbs and experience while being sick, eating some roots and squeezing some moss.
Cura’s healing keeps her recovering but thanks to hunting broadsword we have enough cooked rabid dogs.
In one of rare moments Cura is not sick we try new spellbook picking stun ray.
We also found nice diadem and Cura insists on smithing it up to [+7, +7]. We consume one last rabid dog and bunch of start herbs sending stats in final overtrain.

Quick check: herbal overtrain
If you use heap of herbs you might get a couple points of stat one after another. If you do that with stat at 24 and potential at 27 you might and very well having stat at 27.

We pick more xp and start using some nice crossbow of accuracy. We found another spellbook and cure light wounds joins our repertoire.

Finally with 1.5k until level 17 we sack all dragon gold to Shaala’s glory and rush to pyramid.
Few random teleport traps annoys us as we need to run couple circles in that place before reaching stairs to first floor and Lv17. Skill picks-detect traps/double archery (yeap +2)/double courage. And our mighty prayer gives us - crown of leadership.
Quick check - crown of leadership [+2, +7] {Ch+18}
It grants resistance to poison.
It grants the ability to see invisible things.
It grants resistance to confusion attacks.

“We had enough crap from all these monsters, but no - they started sending crap from above”
Cura Newbuck

Well I manage to point that we can at least see ourselves in that fine cloak.
Rest is easy: we go up, kill stuff, pick artifascrt, pick their crap, cook lightning lizard, descend, take tool cache on ground floor and go to our stinking home.

Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/20/2007 at 23:23 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 02:21 (GMT -5)

Chapter VI Dwarven quests
“What… what was wrong again?”
“Some ingot handling, wait a bit and we’ll be just fine.”
“You won’t leave me in this awful place?”
“No way.”
And we swirl back to dwarftown.

Honestly ingots crashed us twice once doing extended drop and second dropping them one per time. So we decided melt only that much ore as we plan to use immediately.

Meantime we charge down to find animated forest.

D11: Cura gets excited again – more gnolls and hyenas, we decide to fight them next time and descend.
D12: we feel some tension and found tension. And a shop, where gnome sells some scrolls, we buy yet another repair. Tension room appears to be mixed featuring ghost lord let we let the crossbow do the talking.
We got hostile blinkie and we wait for it to summon before taming any.
We run of bones and than of blinkies. No corpses at least they take away some tigers.
D13-ants again. We use invisibility cloak to bypass them and close doors behind us. Free ore is good and mining so boring…
Cura steps into Dh1 to check in stairs, we can’t find stairs down fast so returns and descend to animated forest.
“What a nice heap of walking firewood!”
Cura gets excited but I talh her into not using wand of fire.
Here we immediately light torch and wield knife of eagle for extra line of sight. After some time we squeeze through “living firewood”.
On D15 we met ants again (fourth level with ants) and we run into room of large rust monsters. Cura takes away all iron and slices them with dagger.
Stone golem donates certain ancient scythe.
We found another stairs and return via dwarven halls. Not much to remember except we found dagger that later appears to be adamantium one of penetration. I guess we are sold on daggers forever.

Checking crap sorted in dwarf shop gives us adamantium spear of hunting. Cura mutters a couple words about our sell identify strategy on cursed items but I persuade her in continuing to do so.
We take wand of fireballs and head of into ogre cave. Scorched spear and helmet of leadership doesn’t give any chance even for fearsome ogre magi.
“That place stinks even worse. And you promised sweet home.”
“C’mmon we got our own personal cave. Cool, isn’t it?”
Cura has some reservations on the topic but we move and pedantically sort out stuff in ogre cave.
Cura gulps some blessed carrot juice to improve her eyesight.
We go up and smash Li-whatever in no time. With cold immunity and see invisble how could he be a problem? We hurry to Green Griffon inn because I’ve already clinched a deal with old gladiator.
On D5 we get a glimpse of scared blinkie.
Quick check: weapon skills
Daggers lv9
Clubs lv4
Swords lv5
Axes lv3
Polearms lv9

Some of you might noticed we (I) didn’t remembered to get quest to become arena champions, which is utterly stupid. Luckily dwarf only asks for a cave fisher so we get to big room and farm a bit more morgia for our willpower.
Lv18 kicks in bringing +4 strength and 2x backstab moving from lousy 3 points, triple tactics. As a talents goes I pick careful we might wanna something like book casting talents at some point of game.
Finally cave fisher pops up and we get from a dwarf some blankets and some potions and a scroll.

“A daemon? That should be fun. And good paid.”
Well, daemon falls to our bow with no problems at all and we get “Big Punch” and some words like we are only chance to save world.
“Given a fact, what a crappy artifacts you forge,” replies Cura examining artifact mace “that might be true”.
We sell the mace back to dwarves and bless identify stuff as we need to consider our future.
Some nice extras: ring of slaying/wand of cold/potion of gain attributes (from old dwarf I suppose)/crystal of knowledge which we use for +1 le.
Straight after we purchase learning after potion of potential.
“That cost us bloody 20 thousand in gold. At very least.”
“Cool down. These dungeons have hell of crap to find and sell.”
Cura smiths up her mithril girdle to [+9, +6] on a way to arena to get some cash inflow.
After some very experienced bats and lizardmen Dak decides to put as on real test. We figure out dopleganger is out of royal family already confused and being one leg into the grave.
Luckily he misses and our mind clears a bit to zap wand of teleportation. Unluckily we land in arena again but we do escape via teleport trap.
Cura mumbles something about not being able to stand another her wandering around dungeons and doing damn know what sort of actions as we had to Terinyo. Here we cash in some cooked bandits and master assassins. Get L+ after feeding gnomish candys to Blurp and plant seeds to farmers.
We head back to puppy cave and create a moss bush with some holy water magic. We farm a bit and train mana up with bookcasted stun ray.
When we pick all higher metal ore and drag to caverns of chaos.
After we get back to Terinyo get swimming, get remaining ore and head to a graveyard.
I wouldn’t call upper part fight. Rather training session. We use dagger on higher undead and bow and minor miniuons. And keep bookcasting stun ray.
The only mentionable drop is white dragon scale mail.
We get down and inspite evil chuckles use invisibility to sneak on Griff’s grave and pour some holy water, execute master necromancer than retreat to corridor, take out invisibility and train our bow on rest of undead company.
Weh for secret door, kill bone golem, get teleported, head back, get gauntlets. Bless id and get surprised by finding uncursed [+4,+0] 7lb. We bless them and head back to main dungeon.

Quick check: day - 46
On d5 we tame blinkie and command it to wait.
We found another spellbook mastering web spell. We sell crap, buy some blue dragons hide gauntlets. Smith them up to [+6, +6], smith white dragon plate mail a bit, saving some adamantium ore.
Take book of healing and think about dragging blinkie to healer.
On a way to surface we find third girdle of carrying.
As we try to walk for ratling food we find out that dopleganger king has also made his way of arena.
We use some webs and dagger. Since that doesn’t make much damage and we are not eager to take off our PV stuff we try a blessed wand of fireballs and as he panics we finish dopleganger with wand of lightning.
So much of the king.
Quick check: on coward – 138/56.

We go to a Dak and he pretends there was no bloody fight at all as we get next opponent - shadow wyrm.
And we finish wyrm with bow and than remaining arena fights.
“Sissy cowards” mutters Cura. “All afraid of da little hurthling.”
We manage to cash in another point of learning.
On d2 suddenly we got lot of more blinkies. We tame some and after some dog fight we got a corpse.
We carefully sneak back to sell it to dwarftown shop.
We bless uncurse ourselves and manage ruin all id scrolls by messing up with potions.
“You drunkard!” exclaims Cura “Or you like to destroy useful items”.
I calm her down by offering to smith crown of fire and dagger of penetration.
We hit lv19on D1 taking tacticsx5.
We go towards a long and non-descript tunnel. We check our daggers with first steel golems and found adamantium penetration to be slightly more effective.
We jump to lv20 bringing 3xtactics and2xclimbing (falling into some covered pits and getting out seems helped a bit.)
“Why on earth we are taking pointless skills almost all time and leave some good ones on their own.”
“We use good skills all the time, remember?”
We put on our faithful cloak and start drinking from pools
They gave:
Jumping around
Snakes
Dried pool
Snakes
Dried pool
Corruption - attunement to astral planes
Dwarven ale
You feel very very bad
We had back to altar of Shaala to remove dooming by sacking 10gp. Restock on identify scrolls in shop bellow dwarftown, noticing we didn’t cleared vault on D11 yet. Identify crap from darkforge, sell it noticing staff of magi which might be handy since we already have one writing set (2 charghes).
We head back to darkforge and continue drinking
-acid resistance,
-perception
-dries off
-dries off
-dries off.
Well we have got only five freaking pools.
We head back to main dungeon clearing vault, buying off a scroll shop.
D16:
“Wow, we found empty shop.”
“Put on amulet of free action. Fast, Cura.”
“Why?”
“Do it, fast…”
And we hack some mimics. We teleport behind closed door and land in the middle of chaos servants. Hack them and stare at ancient sage.
“We could save him, couldn’t we?”
“I hope so, Cura, I really hope.”
Well, given our progression in climbing we can’t count on library. On other with our oaths we can’t rely on finding certain amulet…
“Let’s smack that frog” exclaims Cura on Dh2 approaching gorgon while I desperately try to find some amulets in back pack.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 00:08 (GMT -5)

Chapter VII Eternal Flames

Main goal: fire orb
Secondary: try giving a chance for dying sage

We start the day by revisiting small cave. Well, cloak of invisibility, semi pacifistic tactics and a fact most of monsters are level 2 makes it easy walk.
On UD1 we find gray altar, it is absolutely in no use for us.
UD2 gives us yet another scroll shop. Nothing useful at all.
On UD3 we got stable pattern of stat herbs. And we (I) wasted to potions of holy water in puppy cave just to obtain two extra points of dexterity.
On UD5 Cura gets excited and finds another gray altar. Excitement goes down quite fast because it is gnolls and hyenas again.
Ud6 – third gray altar.
Ud7 – first black altar. Cura proposes to kick it down, but I talk her to do that later. Than we will be in a need for unholy water or something like that.
Ud8 gives us an extra forge, and we manage to get crown of fire destroyed by acid trap.
“I’ve put some work on it, in case you haven’t noticed,” complains Cura.
High mountain village is both unremarkable and unrewarding. Cura lets her bad mood out by executing prisoners and we fetch scrolls from closed room and open up secret stairs.

We get our climbing set and go for a bit of mountaineering ending near High king tomb dungeons.
“I’ll bet I take that troll in two hits.”
“Wait, Cura, he is peaceful. He is actually a shopkeeper.”
The troll has a mixed shop and we do some small scale shopping to encourage trolls going into business. Next level gives us yet another forge.
We pass cavernous levels without much challenge. Use rusty wand of cold to freeze a lake. Skeletal king provides a scary moment deciding to fight to blind rage once we take him to critical.
We take the ring, recheck the shop and the troll has updated with burning hands spellbook.

We drop extra stuff on d1, take a deep breath and head for tower.

Quick check: char at ToEF1

St:25 Le:23 Wi:25 Dx:31 To:32 Ch:32 Ap:14 Ma:17
Pe:18 L+
DV/PV: 65/52 H: 268(268) P: 114(114) Exp: 20/633520 M: 90937

Inventory

Head : uncursed crown of leadership [+2, +7] {Ch+18} Neck : blessed ankh Body : uncursed white dragon scale mail (-2, -4) [+1, +11] Girdle : uncursed mithril girdle [+9, +6] Cloak : -
Right Hand : blessed emerald dagger "Serpent's Bite" (+3, 3d4+3) Left Hand : uncursed tower crystal shield (+1) [+13, +4] Right Ring : uncursed ring of speed [+0, +1] (+5 spd) Left Ring : ring of the High Kings [+2, +3] Bracers : -
Gauntlets : blessed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3] Boots : uncursed mithril boots [+9, +7] Missile weapon: -
Missiles : -
Tool : -

Stuff:
Only things we used, planned to use or might be forced using in here. And notice if I write to potions of invisibility it means that is all we got. All.
uncursed thick gauntlets (-1, -2) [+0, +1]
uncursed cloak of invisibility (-1, +0) [+1, +0]
uncursed adamantium dagger of penetration (+7, 1d4+7) uncursed pick axe (-5, 1d6-4)
heap of 2 uncursed short bows (+1, +0) we had more these somewhere, honestly.
bundle of 15 uncursed arrows of darkness (+0, 1d6)
bundle of 7 uncursed arrows of giant slaying (+3, 1d10+5) bundle of 4 uncursed eternium arrows (+1, 2d6+8)
uncursed arrow of thunder (+0, 1d6)
bundle of 5 uncursed unerring eternium quarrels (+1, 4d6+8)
uncursed fireproof blanket
blessed fireproof blanket
uncursed ring of slaying (+6 melee damage, +6 missile damage)
ring of the clear mind Wands ('\')
blessed wand of stunning (0 charges) uncursed wand of stunning (4 charges) uncursed wand of trap creation (0 charges)
blessed wand of acid (2 charges)
uncursed wand of magic missiles (1 charge)
uncursed wand of stunning (8 charges)
uncursed wand of lightning (2 charges)
uncursed rusty wand of cold (0 charges)
uncursed wand of digging (1 charge)
cursed wand of teleportation (3 charges)
blessed wand of digging
uncursed potion of confusion
heap of 2 uncursed potions of invisibility
heap of 4 blessed potions of booze heap of 5 blessed potions of extra healing heap of 2 potions of holy water heap of 2 uncursed potions of poison heap of 3 uncursed potions of boost speed
heap of 2 uncursed potions of ultra healing
heap of 7 uncursed scrolls of darkness
heap of 22 uncursed spenseweeds heap of 20 uncursed stomafillia herbs heap of 2 uncursed pepper petals

ToEF1: we fell threaten so Cura detects traps on each freaking door multiple times until we run into room of vampires. Take down a couple and than found way around them.
ToEF2: we immediately run into tension room fire giants and worms. Poor giants forced to feed on worms. We send them to place where they will never need any food.
ToEF3: same as below only tension room consist of fire drakes and worms. One grue later we hit 21lv, take 5xclimbing. Talents - lightning shot.
ToEF4 greets with fire giant king who eventually dies from poison.

“Listen, Cura, we are in one of hardest fights of our challenge and we are not over equipped for that.”
“Should we go do some more smithing?”
“No, just listen to me, okay, we need to follow some sort of plan.”
She nods and we dig a bit. As we already hear some movement behind thin stone separating us from temple. We bless potions of invisibility and gulp first one of unknown status we got from fire giants.
Luckily it doesn’t blind us so we zap blessed wand of digging. Empty of course. We recharge it with some booze and open up a temple.
Same second someone starts attacking our mind.
We retreat dig out oblique shaft giving us some niche to hide from bolts and a secondary retreat way and start killing chaos servants.

It doesn’t take long for us to see the awful chaos wyrm lurking behind some fire daemon.
We zap wand of stunning and manage to hit both daemon and a wyrm on a first shot.
“Quickly, Cura, take off daemon.”
She skillfully berserks at it taking down with two swings and we are face to face with still stunned wyrm.
She hits him with emerald dagger to get some poison working (so much of a plan to poison dagger of penetration.)
But before we manage to switch our daggers chaos bugger is already severely hurt, unstuned and panicking. We try blasting him with wand of acid. But he is dodging our efforts and makes back to temple.
“We better retreat, Cura,” I say in sad and tired voice “maybe tomorrow will be our lucky day.”
“And other way?”
I have explained her at some point that there always at least two ways mine, hers and sometimes extra options. That must have happened in Green Griffon inn.
“We might take these speed boosting potions and charge after him, but it’s risky and…”
And charged she did. It was indescribable view. Three foot hurthling, all in shining white dragon scale mail, running after huge shapeshifting wyrm with a blood freezing battle cry. Squeezing between fire daemons, pushing away some fire grues with her crystal shield. And suddenly she lost invisibility in a middle of temple.
Well, daemons and grues must have been surprised at least, but I wasn’t. I threw our last invisibility potion at her back and chase continued.
Each time wyrm stopped to mutter healing spells adamantium dagger went deep bellow his scales hurting him more and more.
We cornered the wyrm in a small and narrow junction between main temple and an extra defenders in form of fire elementals. Wyrm tried healing himself one more, but dagger went deep into his lungs and dark venomous blood started dripping on the floor.
As his last effort he tried some energy bolts but he missed. And cura’s dagger finally found there in that huge reptilian chest was located his corrupted heart.
As wyrm felt we picked the stuff and retreated before invisibility faded away.
As we went down to plains Cura complained:
“That was surely fun. But one of the hardest fights”, she shook her head “What is this valley? Kinder garden? ”

Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 12:34 (GMT -5)

Chapter VIII The Other Ring

We start the day by trading wyrm’s corpse for a swirly potion. I mark it with clear letters “Cures corruption”…
We head back to caverns silently thinking mostly about ancient sage.
Should we let him die? Or try something else?
Since Cura is so magnificently lawful, we choose doing something else.

We try some ring exchange trickery on D8 we gain rings of luck, teleport control, damage…
“These potions are very strange. Even a couple drops are corrupting.”
“Just let med do my tricks, okay, Cura?”
I use Moon Sickle to turn a couple of potions (like potential beauty and boost perception) into bubbling potions of raw chaos. Than we head for D2 ant start dipping higher end amulets in them.
“What are you muttering about danger levels, wise guy? Isn’t it forbidden lore?”
“You haven’t learned a thing anyway, and I… Just give me that white amulet.”
“No way you will dip my amulet of order into potion of raw chaos. Only over my dead body,” and she draws her dagger ready.
“Cura, I will ask as person aspiring to be champion of order. What you prefer some piece of marble around your neck or giving great Khelavaster a chance.”
“What chance it is?”
“Slim at very best. Now make your choice.”
Quick check: Safe chaos dips
According to modern theories you get explosion while dipping stuff into raw chaos only than the item is transformed into itself. So if you use stuff, which cannot be generated, at current level you can safely randomize item at a cost of any one potion.

I get another brass amulet of course.
We charge back to starting village and drag sheriff for a bandit hunt on wilderness. Some time after (I’m actually very surprised old bugger manages to keep up with us and our seven league boots) we met some bandits. He is heavily excited and screams, “Let’s slay some evil bandits” but we get no deputy badge. We try again and get no messages at all.
We lead him to abandit village finally but still no extra marble amulets.
“I told you” Cura smiles sadly “Lawful is not equal to idiot. And not to unlimited marble source for sure.”

I somehow talk Cura into revisiting High king tomb dungeon. Kind of some tourism and piranhas fishing.
We buy off troll at first and head down into caverns for some bloody leveling.
Before Cura figures out what is going on we manage to nail Lv22 and take climbingx3, detect traps and tactics.
We recheck troll, everytime he and Cura shakes hand s over some deal I’m afraid there will be something broken in our little lady…
We buy all his stuff again and read a couple books from his shop mastering mystic shovel and neutralize poison.

As Cura refuses to continue pointless mayhem on cavernous levels I give a brave offer to hunt down minotaur emperor.
We enter long dead and even longer forgotten city and some sinister power is clearly surrounding us.
Cura stares at me with very clear question.
“We might head back for caverns and slay some minor monsters” I give a proposal.
“That emperor is bad guy, right?”
“Bad guy in even worser place, pretty much as the one before.”
“Worse than that wyrm?”
After some thinking I came with an answer:
“Pretty much equal, except we didn’t need to go for this one to close the…”
But Cura is already in a maze. First level is not very nice very little opposition and hell of traps rusting our gauntlets, diadem and burning away cloak. Cura applies detect traps on each square we plan to step on and progress is slow and boring.
As we found stairs we descend, find a trap and after some calculation I announce that this is false level.
“How you did that?” wonders Cura “Forbidden lore again”
“I’d say borderline. You see normally each sequence of levels in main dungeon or maze or I guess anywhere else is constructed in proper order. And that order claims that next levels top trap should be previous +5. So ass pit with vipers and this is acid we are in wrong one.”
“To complicate, wise guy. I certainly need some working on my learning”
So we get back and search for another stairs. Trap check this time reveals we are in right place.
After a boring time searching for traps and slaying some random minotaurs Cura gets second corruption. Mana battery. We absorb some rather useless wands, but our plan to abuse wand of teleportation isn’t very strong anymore.
We descend to level five than we met a first minotaur mage. He tries confusing him but we blind him with arrows of darkness and finish off with some regular ones. And we found a ring in his dead cold grip. The ring, which makes me to jump sky high.
“Will it save sage?”
“No, definitely no, Cura but that is sapphire ring.”
“I do remember you lessons in gemology. Keep all crystals of darkness and power, bless and use ones of knowledge, sell the others. This must be crappy one.”
In desperation I force her to read scroll of great identify over ring.
Quick check:
ring of immunity [+5, +5]
It grants immunity to fire.
It grants immunity to acid.
It grants immunity to cold attacks.
It grants immunity to shock attacks

“It doesn’t grants immunity to death, so sage won’t have any use of this. Let’s head further.”
And I thought some girls love jewelry.
On maze level 6 we hit lv23 - climbingx5. And we get point of learning. Must be that book of mystic shovel. And after some climbing out of trap pits climbing max is on 100 so we might qualify for library some day.
On level 7 certain minotaur mage manages to confuse Cura and drains her for two turns pulling learning back to 21 (-3 points) also he manages to take a point of strength and point of perception.
We double confuse resist via the ring of clear mind. Than we track down the emperor.

He is of course to coward to fight in fair fight and throws his faithful mages. But Cura stuns them with blue magic ray we ‘ve been practicing for so long.
And we step back in narrow corridors luring emperor to chase seemingly weak hurthling. As we lose sight of his mages, Cura shoots out some webs as quite skillful mage aiming not at emperor but at empty space between him and us.
As emperor gets entangled we stab him several times with emerald dagger. But he is uses enormous minotaur’s strength to break out of webs.
He slashes with his heavy axe scoring nasty critical which brings Cura to less than half-life. We step back, switch to coward, take blessed potion of extra healing. Take a few blue rays to stun him while he can’t break our defenses and than finish him off with four humanoid slaying arrows.
Cura takes his axe, noticing that except for weight it is a perfect craft and I quickly empty emeperor’s pockets for 2potions of cure corruption and potion of strength.
We reach a surface without any trouble. Cura picks some stuff like seven league boots and spellbooks, which was too precious to take into a maze. And asks me in strangely soft voice:
“You said this is awful place, not really worth visiting.”
“Yes, we lost some stats in here, remember. Or was loss in learning deeper than I suspected.”
“But I kept my learning potential, right? So it is a question of money to bring it back, isn’t it?”
“Well, some other things we lost…”
“Cloak of protection? We have two more at our stinky home. A point in strength? We got a potion so it is gain. And perception… last time you said we could do very well without it. One corruption - for two potions to remove it. Sounds good for me.
And that shiny ring you are so happy about. So once again, wise guy, that is wrong with that place?”
“Well, RNG was very merciful on us…”
“RN… what?”
“Rich and Noughty Goddess – something determining our future,”
She stared at me with puzzled eyes with no response.
“You worship Shaala, I believe in RNG, end of discussion.”
It wasn’t the end of course, as she claimed that lot of problems come from my attitude towards the world.
Well, my attitude at that moment was very simple to get some peace and booze. Preferably booze first.

Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 14:10 (GMT -5)

Chapter IX Destiny

Main goal: to save Khelly or let him die if chances are exhausted.

We sat at shiny ogre bones in our stinky home and thought of our chances.
We could:
-go to Infinite dungeon to kill Malakai, but citing Cura – “I made an oath not to go there, and I haven’t promised anything to a sage. I haven’t said a word to him.”
- go to bug temple except I do not feel we (I) are neither brave, nor strong enough,
- level up somewhere and jump-fall into rift, risky but potentially very rewarding.

For a start we absorb some not so useful wands, remove last corruption and rebuy some learning lost in maze.
We recheck scroll shop on D12 gaining scroll of teleportation. We try smithing up bracer sof defense, just to discovewr they are made from gold. Cura strictly refuses to melt some money into golden ignot as this is jewelers and not smiths work.
Time for leveling up. As we head west towards some caverns Cura suddenly starts removing flammable equipment. Before I manage to remind our plans of safe leveling we are in tower again. Somewhere between noise of eternal flame I manage to hear that this time we will not fight like sissy neutral invisible cowards.
After some slice and dice action we gain our level and tower eternium shield (which is worser than our current crystal but at least smithable). We take 3xclimbing, 2x stealth and affinity with daggers. I am not sold on book caster talents yet and we definitely wanna keep up daggers.
After some dagger work more we nail lv 25 bringing in stealthx5. We are still walking way to loud for a library but Cura had enough and we head towards the rift.
We recheck our trollish friends shop, pick wand of wonder and use it up gaining some minor knowledge in ice and lightning balls.
And…we slip… we fall… blamm!!! And we reach bottom. Loses:broken one loose arrow, two quarrels of undead slaying smashed. Cura makes some jokes about huge item destruction I warned about and I… I start preparing for a naughty part of RNG. Cause according to my knowledge of messages and my knowledge of damage received per fail and some other arcane… Whatever, it does seems we failed only one or two checks, which is incredibly… no guess with courage at 98 it is only very very lucky.

RL3: We feel certain tension, so advice Cura to find stairs before playing with closed doors. We manage to get glimpse of room full of greater daemons but continue our official search. That is guaranteed thing of waterbreathing at the bottom to get Blurp and his mom reunited.
RL2: we go down fast and undisturbed
RL1: found blue amulet. Well, it will make little dragon happy and give a sage 1:200 chance. We continue search for luck and glory. But don’t find any.
RL2 again: we met some stone ooze and dwarven chaos knight. No problems, we found gauntlets of strength which we will smith later.
RL3 again: open tension room and slice rust monsters away. Found potion of exchange – extra 1:25 chance for sage. We charge through great daemons (loosing 4 points of willpower in process) and ascend.l
RL4: tension again. I strongly advice Cura not to open anything if we want to see surface again. We found stairs and later tension room. Giants are no match for our hurthling.
RL5: we found stairs to secret mountain passage. As daemons also managed to burn our fireproof blanket and back up is left in high king tomb dungeons we retreat and proceed in clearing way up.
We don’t find second stairs so start kick searching.
RL6: we got white marble altar. Wow, Shaala is worshiped even here.
RL7: yet another tension room. We slice mixed tension room until something starts slicing into us very seriously. Well, we say “hello” to second doppelganger king. We retreat, pray for Shaalas healing, stun king and finish of with emerald dagger.
Surprisingly we get another cute yellow doggy. Only this time he and his friends are hostile towards us. (I have distinct memories of some squeaky board) Luckily dopleganger king dropped secondary cloak of invisibility so we can bypass them.
RL8 and RL9: unremarkable
Library:
Quick check:
Stealth – 99. That a pain.
We use scroll of detect monsters to check what of sort of nastys we got. There should be shadow wyrm, werewolf king and some experienced blue dragons. For a sage and knowledge we start fight.
We dance a bit with a couple of ancient blue dragons backed up with berserker emperor but stun ray and our trusty daggers do the job.
The fights leaves us with a second extra potion of exchange.
We proceed onto shadow wyrm. No challenge at all, but as we pick some books quickling queen drops from nowhere. We retreat and as she gets in close range cast burning hands on her.
Diamond golem is slowly skliced with dager of penetration.
Finally frost giant jarl drops poisoned to death donating level 26. We finish of stealth, finish of find weakness and take triple tactics.
We exit library, reenter and start our turn counter.
Perfect time to identify books and pick some spells. Especially since remaining monster provide we won’t be disturbed in that nice and empty hall.
We got hatred corruption, which is pure waste of DV, but we continue our book reading. We read books like Slow poison until they disaapear and put ones like teleportation away as soon as we pick spell.
As we run out of useless spellbooks and patience Cura casts invisibility and farsight and we sneak into final hall with scrolls. Werewolf king is surprised by our sneaky skills and goes down after backstab and some chase down as first hit is enough to sent him into panic. We finish clearing library by training our bow on mimic hivemenid.
We walk a bit killing random stuff until we think we spend 2000 turns after our reentry into library. We pick gently agree to deliver weird tome and leave the place.
With bookcasted teleport and invisibility we go back to our items undisturbed.
We try potions of exchange and get rings of doom and clear mind.
Cura also smiths a bit on gauntlets and eternium shield. Nothing spectacular but we have 98DV on aggressive.
We head to stupid underwater stairway.
“I don’t like swimming.”
“Cool down, girl, just put on amulet and start breathing water.”
“And when I take it off, than how I breath with lungs full of water?”
“If something bad happens I’m trained in some reanimation tricks. Mouth to mouth artificial breathing…”
“You… you are just kidding again, right?”
So we enter water dragon’s lair. We speak with dragon and gain permission to examine treasury. It does contain some jet black glaive, couple eternium shields and mithril ring. Not much of temptation even for me.

We resurface, make baby dragon happy, convert amulet of water breathing into amulet of protection constructs and head for a mad ministrel. We pick 5 cursed scrolls of resistance to freaking world and head for… a bug temple.

Cura casts farsight and draws her long bow of accuracy {I’d prefer hunting bow but we don’t have any}.
As we draw attention of killer bugs we switch to coward with burning hands plan wielding knife of endurance for regeneration.
We recast farsight, than bolt wake remaining killer bugs, lure them away and teleport on stairs. I take deep breath as Cura goes down into the heart of ruined temple.
She zaps wand of fireball, and again, and again. And bugs manage to land a bunch of criticals sending Cura into oblivion.
She slowly falls in her next to perfect shiny dragon armor, wondrous diadem of beauty and… and she is nothing more than just some meat under a bunch of armor.

As Cura leaves this world I try to get back to my ethereal home, but I can’t. So next you’ll see some strange spirit advising not to go to bug ridden temple just know – it’s me, Soira, the cursed dwarf.

THE END

Appendix A
Edited flg

#####.#####
#.........#
#.i.ii....####
.ii.[@i.i....#
#..ii%i...##.#
#.........# ..#
#####.##### .#

Cura Newbuck St:37 Le:22 Wi:22 Dx:32 To:36 Ch:11 Ap:21 Ma:22 Pe:18 L+
DV/PV:162/49 H:-14(373) P:127(205) Exp: 26/2086258 BUGCV Sp: 115
Coward
Inventory
He: uncursed rusty diadem of beauty [+7, +7] {Ap+4} {iron} [35s]
Ne: blessed ankh {gold} [3s]
Bo: uncursed white dragon scale mail (-2, -4) [+6, +11] {adamantium} [200s]
Gi: uncursed mithril girdle [+9, +6] [20s]
Cl: uncursed cloak of adornment [+0, +0] {Ap+5} [40s]
RH: uncursed knife of endurance (+6, 1d3+6) {To+4} {iron} [8s]
LH: uncursed tower eternium shield (-1) [+17, +4] [70s]
RR: uncursed ring of the clear mind {iron} [1s]
LR: uncursed ring of immunity {iron} [1s]
Br: uncursed bracers of defense [+2, +0] {gold} [10s]
Ga: uncursed rusty gauntlets of strength (-1, +0) [+5, +5] {St+3} {iron}
Bo: blessed seven league boots [+4, +0] [30s]
MW: uncursed long bow of accuracy (+9, +2) [30s]
Mi: bundle of 33 uncursed arrows (+0, 1d6) [66s]
Tl: uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Fire {St+10} {eternium} [100s]

Stuff
uncursed crown of leadership [+2, +7] {Ch+18} {iron}
uncursed ancient mummy wrapping [+1, +5] {Ap-8}
blessed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3] {iron}
heap of 2 uncursed cloaks of invisibility (-1, +0) [+1, +0]
uncursed cloak of defense [+3, +0]
uncursed mithril boots [+9, +7]
blessed emerald dagger "Serpent's Bite" (+3, 3d4+3) [+3, +1] {iron}
uncursed adamantium dagger of penetration (+7, 1d4+7)
uncursed adamantium spear of hunting (+1, 1d8+6)
uncursed pick axe (-5, 1d6-4)
uncursed ring of speed [+0, +1] (+5 spd) {iron}
uncursed ring of slaying (+6 melee damage, +6 missile damage) {adamantium}
blessed wand of fireballs (7 charges)
heap of 3 blessed potions of extra healing
heap of 67 uncursed stomafillia herbs

Weapon Skills
Melee weapon Lvl Hit Dam DV Level Required marks
Daggers & knives 12 +14 +8 +4 Mastery 753
Pole arms 9 +9 +5 +10 excellent 181

Missile weapon Lvl Hit Dam Ra Level Required marks

Bows 8 +16 +12 +2 excellent 336
Crossbows 7 +14 +10 +2 skilled 221
Thrown rocks & clubs 6 +12 +9 +2 skilled 55

Shields Lvl DV Level Required marks

Shields 10 +20 excellent 886

Skills
Appraising ...............100 (superb)
Archery .................. 73 (great)
Athletics ................100 (superb)
Backstabbing ............. 86 (great)
Bridge building .......... 16 (mediocre)
Climbing .................100 (superb)
Concentration ............100 (superb)
Cooking .................. 70 (good)
Courage ..................100 (superb)
Detect traps .............100 (superb)
Find weakness ............100 (superb)
First aid ................ 72 (great)
Food preservation ........100 (superb)
Gardening ................ 19 (mediocre)
Haggling ................. 34 (fair)
Healing ..................100 (superb)
Listening ................100 (superb)
Literacy .................100 (superb)
Metallurgy ...............100 (superb)
Smithing .................100 (superb)
Stealth ..................100 (superb)
Survival ................. 44 (fair)
Swimming ................. 19 (mediocre)
Tactics .................. 62 (good)
Two weapon combat ........ 71 (great)

Spells
Burning Hands : 122, 8pp (Effectivity: +2)
Cure Light Wounds: 63, 6pp
Darkness : 376, 4pp
Destroy Undead : 10, 15pp
Disarm Trap : 136, 10pp
Farsight : 46, 26pp
Fire Bolt : 22, 17pp
Frost Bolt : 131, 12pp
Ice Ball : 9, 47pp
Invisibility : 124, 10pp (Effectivity: +1)
Knock : 254, 12pp
Light : 343, 3pp (Effectivity: +2)
Lightning Ball : 9, 57pp
Magic Lock : 213, 8pp
Magic Missile : 132, 8pp
Mystic Shovel : 207, 100pp
Neutralize Poison: 218, 10pp
Remove Curse : 9, 95pp
Slow Monster : 181, 7pp
Slow Poison : 309, 6pp
Strength of Atlas: 213, 10pp (Effectivity: +1)
Stun Ray : 55, 11pp (Effectivity: +2)
Teleportation : 216, 22pp
Web : 280, 12pp (Effectivity: +1)

Effects of Corruption

Your close attunement to corrupted astral space allows teleportation.

Her achievements during her adventures:

Cura Newbuck, the hurthling weaponsmith, was killed by a greater claw bug.
She scored 847502 points and advanced to level 26.
She survived for 0 years, 72 days, 13 hours, 50 minutes and 25 seconds
(118301 turns).
4 companions were killed during her adventures.
Cura Newbuck visited 88 places.
Her strength score was modified by +6 during her career.
Her learning score was modified by +12 during her career.
Her willpower score was modified by +8 during her career.
Her dexterity score was modified by +17 during her career.
Her toughness score was modified by +11 during her career.
Her charisma score was modified by -3 during her career.
Her appearance score was modified by +2 during her career.
Her mana score was modified by +12 during her career.
Her perception score was modified by +5 during her career.
She was the champion of the arena.
She made a little water dragon very happy.
She killed the emperor of the ancient minotaur race.
She ended her adventuring life in an ancient bug-infested dungeon.
4601 monsters perished under her attacks.
The following 18 artifacts were generated during her adventure:
the si
the scythe of corruption "Moon Sickle"
the golden gladius "Death's Sting"
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Fire
the lead-filled mace "Big Punch"
the scorched spear
the elemental gauntlets
the ring of the High Kings
the crown of science
the ancient mummy wrapping
the ankh
the glaive "Long Sting"
the ring of immunity
the crown of leadership
the dwarven pick axe "Hammerhead"
the emerald dagger "Serpent's Bite"
the weird tome
the axe of the minotaur emperor
She possessed the following intrinsics:
She was fire resistant.
She was poison resistant.
She was cold resistant.
She was acid resistant.
She was lucky (enhanced through an item).
Fate smiled upon her (enhanced through an item).
She was able to control teleportation.
She was shock resistant.
She was immune to shock attacks (gained through an item).
She was immune to fire attacks (gained through an item).
She was immune to acidic attacks (gained through an item).
She was immune to ice attacks (gained through items).
She was able to resist confusion attacks (gained through an item).
She had the following talents: Affinity with Daggers & Knives, Alert,
Careful, Good Shot, Keen Shot, Lightning Shot, Long Stride, Miser, Quick,
Quick Shot, Treasure Hunter.
She had a final speed score of 115 (final base speed: 115).
She was a fervent follower of Shalla.
She asked for 6 divine interventions.
She was lawfully aligned.
She was tainted by Chaos.

Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 1 hour, 10 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 19:11 (GMT -5)

RIP Cura :(
For the Horde!
Portrait
zv
Registered user

Last page view:

5631 days, 23 hours, 3 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 at 13:43 (GMT -5)

Ouch. Still, my rule for buggy temple is - if I can't take out the surface easily, I don't go into the temple proper, because it is certain death.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 4 hours, 42 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 at 09:59 (GMT -5)

This was educational for me.
Good effort.
Sad death.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: