Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Thrundarr - Cyclops

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Covenant
Registered user
The Unbeliever

Last page view:

5455 days, 1 hour, 35 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 17:12 (GMT -5)

Anyone got any suggestions on where to find one of these one-eyed bad boys? Got a quest for one with my L18 Monk (in possession of great intrinsics, thanks to draining Darkforge in hopes of a wish), and I'm not having much luck in the TOTHK.

I have a RoDS, so I could always wish for one, but I'd ideally like to save that (shame I can't wish dead cats back to life :P)

Wait, make that two RoDS. Thank you Mr Quasit. Still, any chance of finding one naturally?
Knowledge is chimera, for beyond it ever lies other knowledge, and the incompleteness of what is known renders the knowing false.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3593 days, 16 hours, 53 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 17:21 (GMT -5)

That's weird, I found two yesterday in the cavernous levels above the Tomb.
For the Horde!
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4593 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 17:51 (GMT -5)

I find them randomly in the COC below dwarftown, don't see them many other places. Is there a level down there with an altar or herbs? It could give you something to do while you wait for the RNG to help you out.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Covenant
Registered user
The Unbeliever

Last page view:

5455 days, 1 hour, 35 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 18:36 (GMT -5)

Meh, I'm having no luck at all in TOTHK (in terms of Cyclops - I found a crown of fire and a RoDS which I used to wish for four pairs of 7LBs, which is kind of lucky itself), so I'm going to grab the elemental gauntlets from the Graveyard and then head over to the ToEF. I figure, with two blessed rings of ice, mental stability, fire immunity, and dragon slaying ammo, I have a reasonable chance. Still, can't be often that the ACW gets taken out before Thrundarr's first quest is even over.

As for below Dwarftown - I don't mind going down a level or two, but I don't want to accidentally walk into the Animated Forest and have another of these damn quests to do.

Edit: Just as I gave up! I went back into the depths of ToTHK one last time, hoping to find some water to use to cleanse Grif's grave with, and finally one of the beady eyed fiends appeared. Glad I didn't give up earlier - thanks for telling me about your finds yesterday.
Knowledge is chimera, for beyond it ever lies other knowledge, and the incompleteness of what is known renders the knowing false.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/17/2007 at 18:50 (GMT -5) by Covenant]
Portrait
GiantFrog
Registered user
another gray elven wizard

Last page view:

5429 days, 9 hours, 40 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 18:51 (GMT -5)

You should be alright as long as you don't go *through* the animated forest (or all the way out of DH2).
You pick up the worn boots.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 15 hours, 12 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 06:39 (GMT -5)

*Entering* the animated forest already forfeits the quest, careful. Next time ^^

Cyclopses are usually found eventually in the Tomb of the High Kings, yeah...
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 08:55 (GMT -5)

Are you sure that you forfeit the quest if you enter the Animated Forest Silfir? In my last three games I always tried one of the down stairways and always landed on DH1. If that's true, I'm never risking again.
For the Horde!
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4593 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 15:30 (GMT -5)

Covenant - Beware fire giant kings, they can critical hit you for 250 damage, and those rocks they throw are deadly.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 15:40 (GMT -5)

Extremely experienced rats do the same, minus the rocks :)
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: