Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / D:40 at 27th level

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
GiantFrog
Registered user
another gray elven wizard

Last page view:

5406 days, 19 hours, 43 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 23:27 (GMT -5)

I just beat the earth temple and I'm only level 27. I'm worried that I just don't have the levels to survive the blue dragon caves, mana temple, and D:50. It's day 75 or so, and I'd really like to get to D:50 before 90 days.

Should I scum for XP somewhere? Should I just forge ahead and trust to my awesome stats and library-augmented spell list? Any strategies, anecdotes, or random musings would be appreciated.
You pick up the worn boots.
Xevoc
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 02:55 (GMT -5)

Level doesn't matter very much. You'll just gain some more hit points at higher level. I had level 28 hurthling merchant myself at D:45 where I met a great red dragon vault and rose to level 50 immediately. Try to find a greater vault. If you don't find one then you'll have to gain the exp some other way.
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4928 days, 8 hours, 4 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 03:06 (GMT -5)

A quick dive down to the elemental orb thingymagigs should help you - the guardians of those (memory really suffering this morning) uhh, D48 pillar things, tend to give good XP.... or you could slay some Eternal Guardians if your feeling too hung over to remember the word anomaly... oh, yeah, anomaly.
Portrait
GiantFrog
Registered user
another gray elven wizard

Last page view:

5406 days, 19 hours, 43 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 03:22 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the input. It sounds like the best idea is just to forge ahead.

I was merrily doing so until I met a ki rin on 40 or so. He totally kicked my ass! I managed to bypass him but it was a humbling experience. Hence the question.
You pick up the worn boots.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 2 hours, 55 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 04:32 (GMT -5)

I cleared the Earth Temple with a lv 30 drakish thief. It was tough, had to take one or two at a time downstairs, but not impossible. Just above the ET I found a greater red dragon vault which brought me to lv 46, but I think that I would have managed the Mana Temple even at that level, it was very easy.
For the Horde!
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 1 hour, 15 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 06:57 (GMT -5)

Level 27 in the Earth Temple is perfectly fine and normal. No need to worry. DV/PV, intrinsics and damage are the more important stuff...
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: