Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Greater Undead Vault

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
GiantFrog
Registered user
another gray elven wizard

Last page view:

5433 days, 21 hours, 18 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 23:12 (GMT -5)

I found one on D:46. The outer area was fine, but when I cracked into the creamy center, it was full of king and emperor liches. I blasted them with ridiculous quantities of fireballs, but I barely made a dent before my PP ran out. By then I'd taken pretty serious stat drains (-3 wi, -4 ma, -7 to = ouch!)

Does anyone have any advice on tackling this? Or should I just leave it alone?
You pick up the worn boots.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3598 days, 4 hours, 30 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 01:41 (GMT -5)

I suggest you close the gate first and do everything else before you go in there again. I lost a sure win , a dwarven weaponsmith with a WoWi 5 charges to them :( Managed to kill a couple of Lich Kings but Emperor was too tough.
For the Horde!
Portrait
GiantFrog
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 04:13 (GMT -5)

Wow, what a bummer. I've never seen a wand of wishes all the years I've been playing (I think that's what WoWi means...?)

I hereby announce that greater undead vaults suck. I ran through alost 1200 pp casting fireballs (with a 53 willpower, so thems were some big balls) and killed maybe 10% of 'em. Stained my relationship with god and everything. Ratsn fratsn.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3598 days, 4 hours, 30 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 04:21 (GMT -5)

Yup, a Wand of Wishing. First time I've seen one in five years and it had six charges +1 :)
Next time I get to a greater undead vault I'm not meleeing... archery or magic ftw.
For the Horde!
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4955 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 04:28 (GMT -5)

Well yeah, they are one big fat pain in the ass.
My one winner (or my won oner??) was GE Wiz who cleared out GUV as last thing he did before leaving chain, and ok, I no longer had the WaterOrb, but I was fresh from an utterly slain D50, and was feeling pretty good... I had willpower up in the upper 60s at the start of the fight, and it was a still bloody close, hard, looong fight with the damed Lichs.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5140 days, 8 hours, 2 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 07:07 (GMT -5)

Simply blast them from the other side of a wall with a ball spell having high willpower. Is completely safe if the center room is still closed in. Lich kings aren't too tough, and are easy enough to take straight up, but emperors and their self-healing and attacks, and summons...they are trouble. No loss of honor doing sneak attacks against them.
Portrait
GiantFrog
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 13:09 (GMT -5)

I actually did that at first. I ran through all of my 600 pp blasting fireballs through the walls. Then I zapped a wand of monster detection and I'd killed maybe one of them. For some reason I then thought it'd be a good idea to open the secret door and try getting in their midst for better coverage.

Prayed for PP and did that, but as it turned out, it was not a good idea at all.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: