Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Dwarven Halls troubles

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

psy_wombats
Registered user
Untitled

Last page view:

5329 days, 9 hours, 36 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 22:33 (GMT -5)

I've tried the animated forest, its killing my L17 high elf archer... Even with about 50/10 DV/PV still being pretty much clobbered. Can hardly survive the trip through, let alone back.

So anyway, I tried the halls, Used magic mapping. Stariwell is in a dark room some ways off. I begin approaching it, and the preceding room is a threat room filled with ancient blue dragons. Just my luck...

So now I have a choice. I can teleport behind the dragons (with a wand/scroll) or brave thr forest. And I still have no idea what the second floor is like.

Any suggestions?
WHEN WOMBATS STRIKE!
Enjoy your last days...
BrasilianWeirdVideos
Registered user
pron knight

Last page view:

5160 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 22:37 (GMT -5)

Don't you have some (blessed) potion of invisibility? They help a lot crossing the forest.

Btw, if you have another blessed magic mapping scroll and 3 other teleport charges you can take the long way (good luck).
Xevoc
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 04:29 (GMT -5)

If you have booze and wand of teleportation you can easily survive almost anything. Just dip the wand into booze when you run out of charges.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4061 days, 12 hours, 22 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 06:20 (GMT -5)

Get better PV someway. 10 is horrible for that stage of the game. And is your DV 50 only in coward mode?

Ancient blue dragons don't smash doors or teleport, so you just might be able to bypass them. But personally, I would advise getting better equipment.

Got teleport control? You could check Darkforge for some decent armor. What are you wearing right now?
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5820 days, 7 hours, 58 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 11:00 (GMT -5)

10 PV is less than half of what I tend to have at that point. My last HE just randomly stumbled upon a chaos knight at DH:1 on level 12 though and he oh-so-obviously dropped an eternium plate mail :) so I might be just very lucky.
The DH kills most characters until they get very powerful, however the forest was never much of a threat to me. Not with a good PV anyways. Rectify that problem and you should have no other problems.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
GiantFrog
Registered user
another gray elven wizard

Last page view:

5428 days, 6 hours, 50 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 13:13 (GMT -5)

If you have teleport control and some way to boost your eyesight up (very high Pe, blessed necklace of the eye, farsight spell, etc.), you should be able to make it across the animated forest with 3 or 4 castings of TP. Find an empty spot at the far end of your vision, pop over there, then repeat until you get to the far stairs.
You pick up the worn boots.
psy_wombats
Registered user
Untitled

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 14:38 (GMT -5)

I realize my defense stats suck right now, those were non-coward in any case, I get up to about 64/18 using tactics. Using swords at L8 skill, not too bad defensively. Shield is just small mithril, and I had to buy that. I'm not having very good shield luck at all. Helmet is sucky mental stability, and mummy wrapping armor.

Regarding teleportation: I was lucky to get control by draining a pool, very nice. However, to teleport through the halls would mean to be within eyesight of the dragon room, and the room in which the stairwell is in is dark, so I'm not assured of landing right on it, and I have no idea if the dragons have 'leaked' in or not. No farsight or acceptable amulets, and my plain eyesight is bad anyway... Don't think teleporting through the forest will work.

Think I'll probably raid Darkforge with construct slaying ammo and find better protection than what I've got, and then bash my way through the forest the long way. Maybe with invisibility.
WHEN WOMBATS STRIKE!
Enjoy your last days...
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5134 days, 17 hours, 34 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

Just teleport to the goodies in Darkforge. No need to kill any golems...

Wicked eternium two-handed sword of devastation means not having to say you're sorry.

And for a bonus, look for a blue dragon scale mail in the armor horde.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4061 days, 12 hours, 22 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 07:29 (GMT -5)

And don't "bash" yourself through the Animated Forest. You should get invisible, wear two shields (or stick with the sword if you only have horrible shields), switch to cowards and keep moving.

And the teleportation trick does work. Even without Farsight, you should try to teleport onto the down staircase (from the upper left corner, go one space right and down diagonally) and hope to be randomly teleported either onto the staircase (it could be free, after all) or at least in the left part of the Forest, after which you should use the method already mentioned. At least the danger that you're teleported even farther away is small.

Don't forget the wand of teleportation in the boring dungeon!
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
psy_wombats
Registered user
Untitled

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 15:16 (GMT -5)

Speaking of which, I should go fetch it; I've been saving booze.

I just ran through it once and back, had to drink a couple potions, but no really big deal. Except now a lot are hostile; I was forced to kill a few towards the end of the trip. Which now means, since I cleared the Arena and am lawful, I've got Rolf's Saviour, so that'll work well enough with my small adamant one for the second trip.

And I have been using Coward, of course.
WHEN WOMBATS STRIKE!
Enjoy your last days...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: