Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Pre and post crown differences

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4805 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 23:01 (GMT -5)

I have read the guidebook many times and know the crowning - postcrowning monetary values. My question is how do these numbers relate to precrowning, and assuming i am level 14 with 0 artifacts generated, using live sacs, would it be faster to get 2 precrowns or a precrown, crown and a post. Do the numbers listed apply to all three types of crowning or do the piety costs differ depending on the type of crowning (id assume the latter)?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5662 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 04:19 (GMT -5)

I think it's the same value used for all different types of crownings: if you've sacced enough to get a precrowning, then crowning is going to be more expensive. This is because the difference between precrowning and actual crowning is just that of alignment: with the same amount of piety, you get crowned if you're c-, n= or L+, if not you just get precrowned.

Then there's the artifact limit for pre/postcrownings, making postcrownings mostly useless and/or unavailable. 'Cause at lvl 11 for example, you can get 2 precrownings + crowning, but only crowning + 1 postcrowning.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 16:16 (GMT -5)

I'm fairly certain that there are different piety levels for different types of crowning. I had just gotten a precrown and was going for a second at level 14 with 1 artifact generated (100% certain on that), sacced for a lengthy period of time and prayed at L and got nothing, so i gave up on the second precrown, put on my amulet of order and continued down, a few stairs latter and im L+ so I pray and I get Crowned.

My piety could only have gone down since the last time I prayed so I just assumed there were differing levels required and i was wondering if anyone had any further knowledge not listed in the guidebook.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5140 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 16:22 (GMT -5)

Your theory is possible.

However, it has been reported (also by this gamer) that by praying repeately at high piety sometimes can give you a precrown on the second, or even sixth praying attempt. And that is right after you get the "prayer unheard" message. And this without any action/saccing between prayers.

So you experience does not preclude that other possibility, that you had, in fact, enough piety for a precrown. You might have gotten it by praying a few more times.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/24/2007 at 16:24 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 16:42 (GMT -5)

Never heard that before but it was exactly the kind of information i was looking for. Thanks a million.
Sandemar
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 at 07:38 (GMT -5)

Might be a bit offtopic but I send it here anyway...

Last week I was playing trollish merchant. Got precrowned at lvl 11 in Dwarftown and moved to TotHK to gain some levels for second precrowning.

I came back to dwarfville on lvl 16, got my alignment to NC cause of the darn "unholy aura" corruption. Waldenbrook went hostile and some hostile muscular dwarves appeared but the rest of the townsfolk remained calm, I annihilated the muscular dwarves and hit Waldenbrook in a state of panic.
I sacced some gold and 100 blessed stomas and got the "you are absolutely close" message though I was still NC. I thought its some kind of minor message error but when I pray I get crowned with staff of uselessness and schock immunity. And at this poin I turn to N=.
Where is my second precrowning? Has someone else experienced same kind of nasty surprises?
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5140 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 17:19 (GMT -5)

100 blessed stoma is a lot.
When you sac at a neutral altar, you get drawn to N= (unlike, say, lawful altars, where you won't get L+ even by saccing 1000)

So you were N=, only the status screen did not update and erranously showed NC.

When you pray at absolutely close you WILL get crowned.
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 23:18 (GMT -5)

(Post)crowning requirements
Min piety, Cost, Crowning
30000 10000 crowning
30000 10000 1st post-crowning (usually)
80000 60000 2nd post-crowning
180000 160000 3rd post-crowning
330000 310000 4th post-crowning
530000 510000 5th post-crowning
780000 760000 6th post-crowning
1080000 1060000 7th post-crowning
Post crownings are the same as pre crownings and crowning does not increase the cost of post crownings, also it works in reverse and pre crownings do not increase the cost of crowning.
The first number is how much piety you need to get the crown and the second number just means u get set to the very close level (20k piety) unless u have alot of excess piety.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/1/2007 at 00:04 (GMT -5) by Narcolepcy]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4148 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 23:32 (GMT -5)

leaving away fact of using impaired Pavel's guidebook itself, do you imagine this info somehow not being code dived?

i would like to see this post being deleted by it's author.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 at 00:07 (GMT -5)

Answers are answers and knowledge is knowledge.
Sandemar
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 at 07:57 (GMT -5)

Thanks for your shared knowledge Molach. Thats quite what I expected. I should have done something chaotic before rushing to pray after massive saccing.

I continued my troll char today still bit annoyed cause of the early crowning...
But finding my first djinni ring at I30 and few turns later on same level picpocketing a sapphire amulet is really like spenseweed to my wounds :D

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: