Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / D:50 is undiggable?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 18 hours, 1 minute and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 09:43 (GMT -5)

For two games that got that far in a row, the walls of the left part of D:50 have been undiggable. The characters were a dwarven archer and a hurthling barbarian. I'm using 1.1.1 and in both games the 90 days limit had passed.

I distinctly remember being able to dig into the lever rooms from the right part of the level in the four wins before, but now it seems I have to clear out the first couple of rooms to be able to reach the lever rooms by foot. Even when I'm inside, the only walls that can be removed are the actual secret doors. All my digging yields "The stone is too hard" and when I walk against the walls, I get the "Bonk! Ugh! You crash into the wall" message instead of the message you get for diggable walls.

I've been able to win both games nevertheless, but I wonder if this has happened to anyone else...
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3089 days, 12 hours, 48 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 11:11 (GMT -5)

You can dig them with a wand - of that I'm 100% sure, since I've done that last week.
But I play on a bigger screen and the "left" side of D:50 is just 1/4th of the level, with lots of rooms above and under it.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4121 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

i have some game with undiggable walls and some with diggable.
wand makes no difference here.

possibly RNG jokes

A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 18 hours, 1 minute and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

Could be. Maybe the RNG guys say: "Hey, if he can just dig through the walls of the left part of the level, D:50 would be a breeze for that guy. Let's make the walls undiggable so he has to fight the chaos stuff for hours!"

I'm relieved that I'm not the only one with this particular experience.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
zv
Registered user

Last page view:

5632 days, 17 hours, 34 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

Yeah, it happens. I was likewise confused when I first encountered the hard-walled D:50. Strangely, it seems my first few winners encountered diggable walls and all next who tried to dig had undiggable. Still, probably just RNG tricks.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: