Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Interactive DiTL

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4148 days, 21 hours, 50 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 at 00:47 (GMT -5)

somehow i came to a fun idea: make DiTL not one man show, but give potential readers chance to determine a destiny of character.
that would mean after each part/day anyone can post that they think futre decisions/tactics should be.
for example - jump to rift or check minotaur maze, let Khelly die or do gremlin bomb.

since that is not one guy/girl's show i need to know if anyone is interested at all.
And if so first question arrises - what kind of char should i pick?
i'd fancy:
-semi random - to use race/class mask tyo cut some choices like trolls or archers.
-dwarven berserker - dwarf trying to use natural berserker most of time.
-sort of druid
things i do not favor:
-trolls
-high elves
-mainstream chars - like grey eleven archer, wizards of any kind...
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4805 days, 17 hours, 43 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 at 01:06 (GMT -5)

Bard would be kinda semi random, sounds like a good idea though. You could have a daily poll to determine ur next action, like vote yes to do dwarven halls, vote no for animated forest.
Portrait
GiantFrog
Registered user
another gray elven wizard

Last page view:

5434 days, 11 hours, 43 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 at 02:11 (GMT -5)

Yeah, do it like a "choose your own adventure". One author is in charge of the character and reports on his/her progress. At each major decision-point, there's a poll with two choices. Whichever choice wins determines the character's next move.
You pick up the worn boots.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5140 days, 22 hours, 27 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 at 09:39 (GMT -5)

This is a fun idea.

However, for sake of clarity and differentialability, I'd give this consept a different name than DiTL. This new name is again not coined by me, but from similar games at the civfanatics forums:

GOD.

Game Of Democracy.

Or DiTLOD. Day in The Life Of Democracy.

OR whatever.

I'll post my suggestion for your character: Something I randomly generated just now. (When imagination fails, try randomness)
Ta-daa: Orc Barbarian!

I just rolled one with 10 PV starting, but that was just some lucky starting boots. I deleted him. I don't know if that is too mainstream, it is like the ultimate fighter. But I've never had much luck with either Barbs or Orcs, might be interesting...

Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4067 days, 17 hours, 15 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 at 17:09 (GMT -5)

Orc barbarians are the best barbarians evar, as I've found out while writing my Barbarian guide. So let's not do one of them - too easy.

Why not seek out the worst class/race combo out there and play it? Something like gray elven farmer? Hurthling druid?
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
zv
Registered user

Last page view:

5659 days, 16 hours, 48 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 at 17:40 (GMT -5)

Maybe something that's just unpopular? I recently have written down combos of class and race underrepresented in the Hall of Fame. My picks of some more 'interesting' and unpopular combos include: Halfling Druid, Dark Elf Healer, Troll Necromancer and Gray Elf Paladin.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4148 days, 21 hours, 50 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 at 23:08 (GMT -5)

Orc barbarians:
not so mainstream as i thought, but pretty good combo in my opinion.
worst class/race combo:
all combos look very good for me:)

unpopularity:
very nice idea. I actually made some breakdown.
The most underplayed race appeared to be orcs and most underplayed class thieves... I wouldn't call that a weak combo(skill set and some stats are quite good) but since there are no victories on HoF for orc thieves, it will do.

For a second i picked... gray elf merchant, also no victories on HoF(at least any i managed to see) and more of a weak start.

dark elf healers were runner ups. Just because i know once and if healer hits a book shop game is done.

So first poll will be opened in another thread..
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: