Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / DiG -- Democracy inside Game

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 4 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4143 days, 8 hours, 26 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 at 23:59 (GMT -5)

The sky of Ancardia glittered with myriad of stars. Moon did his pale circles as sun shined brightly.

The goblin or orcish raids happened on farms and settlements. And some adventurers were found as purple bodies in the nearby caves.
But raids are nothing new at all and dead adventurers... they paid they risky bills, I guess.

Some time ago great sage Khelavaster came to our village speaking about a chaos and great dangers.
Soon sage was gone and peace returned.
Once again the chaos gate was only rumor in a fortune cookie and a child's writing on a wall "don't give candies to Andy" seemed to be funny.

However since the harvest was plentiful, we the villagers decided to hire some mercenary. For a reasonable price of course.
Why? Some of us remember slightly better days. The days we were not locked between some mountains, bandits on the west and black druid domain on the south. And we used northern caves for celebrations and local festivals. And now they overridden with giant ants.
Some braves like me have even gone to the High Mountain village through the underground pass. That is something no one dared for many years.

I was picked as a guide for both a bravery and and loyalty. I made an oath to ask the village council if we run into any important questions on a journey.

The sad part is only two adventurers agreed to aid us.
The first one is Buzog, the vile - an orcish thief.
i asked about his youth, because he moves very unswiftly even for his own race. He said he was ill in younger days and hindrance left after disease did not allowed to become a warrior and bring a honor to his clan.
At very least he does have some armor of studded leather and swings with his club quite impressively. But... his vision seems to be affected either by youth's disease or living in the sunlight.

The other person doesn't lack any grace or swiftness. Because it is an elvish girl, Ireth Oronar, obsessed with rings and hagling as all the merchants are.
She swings her short sword pretty well and sees a fly a mile away, but... she seems way to fragile and unprotected.
And she already called me a lesser being doomed to served for a elven hero. Which I do not like at all.

So we gathered in village square and checked their horoscopes. Buzog sign is tree and Ireths - Wand, none of these making any good for a fighting class.
So which one I should guide to a death or a glory?
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

Should village say yes to Buzog, the vile orcish thief, or no - pcik the Ireth Oronar, the gorgeous grey elvish merchant?
Yes  No
Check results

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/3/2007 at 06:18 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4800 days, 4 hours, 19 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 00:49 (GMT -5)

As a member of the village council i must insist that we do not put our faith in an orc, their kind are not to be trusted. You have my vote.
Portrait
**cHAoTicChaOs**
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

5981 days, 21 hours, 25 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 00:57 (GMT -5)

Elves Are Flighty, and Not to Be trusted. We should Pay for Buzog - his Greed will Propell him Forwards in Our own Designs.
.vultuous.
Portrait
GiantFrog
Registered user
another gray elven wizard

Last page view:

5428 days, 22 hours, 20 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 02:02 (GMT -5)

Surely a staid shopkeeper is more reliable than a bestial orc.
You pick up the worn boots.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 3 hours, 52 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 03:46 (GMT -5)

Both of these adventures sucketh ass, so I insist we send the nasty ugly orc into his sure doom and keep the elven girl so we may look at something nice before chaos corrupts us all!
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3593 days, 5 hours, 32 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 04:08 (GMT -5)

You're kidding right? Elves, ftw.
Always wanted the frog quest :D
For the Horde!
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5820 days, 23 hours, 27 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

The previous two DitL's were girls, and that elf looks so arrogant anyways. You know who I voted for.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

Part I -- The Deal

City council argued until late night. Finally we forged the answer since both heroes are quite a suckers, we take one with some bones under the skin. And I was happy too because orcish greed is easier to deal and manipulate with than elvish pride and arrogance.
As the decision was announced Ireth muttered something silently and slipped into the night. Sometime I asked sheriff about her words and he said it was something about certain animals between our ancestors. But at the moment we were busy examining our hero:

Character Information
Buzog St:17 Le:12 Wi:11 Dx:10 To:17 Ch: 7 Ap: 9 Ma:10 Pe: 8 C
DV/PV: 2/3 H: 22(22) P: 2(2)
Despite his childhood illness this is quite impressing. At least better than average.

Background Information
Our questioning only managed to reveal that as a young adult he left his home because of trouble with the parents. They opposed his plans for the future without understanding his wishes. Thus Buzog decided to live on his own. He wandered through the country for many years, growing older and wiser and learning many things.
And he told he was 14 years of old, guy in perfect age for adventures, business and marriage. The later fact left us wondering what orcs perceive as many years.

Inventory

Head : leather cap [+0, +0] Neck : -
Body : studded leather armor (-1, +0) [-1, +3] Girdle : -
Cloak : -
Right Hand : club (+0, 1d6-1) Left Hand : -
Right Ring : -
Left Ring : -
Bracers : -
Gauntlets : -
Boots : light boots [+0, +0] Missile weapon: -
Missiles : -
Tool : -

Stuff
dagger (+1, 1d4+3)
thieves picks
iron ration
102 gold pieces

Skills:
Alertness 37+3d5 (and they say thieves suck)
Appraising 15+4d4
Backstabing 10+4d5
Climbing 49 +4d5
Detect traps 30 +4d5(good)
Disarm traps 26 +4d5
Find weakness 5 +4d4(needs some extra work)
First aid 25 +3d4
Hagling 19 +4d5
Listening 36 ++4d5
Literacy 12 +3d4
Metallutrgy 9 +4d4
Mining 11 +4d4
Pick locks 48 +4d5
Pick pockets 44 +4d5
Stealth 34 +4d5

Talent: long lived. Extremely good thing for orc.

While Buzog was introduced to village elder and impatiently listened to little girls story of her cute little doggy I did some calculation on his fighting abilites (“W” that is)
Right hand berserk tactics:
club +8 to hit 1d6+4 damage (5-10 average7.5)
dagger +7 to hit 1d4+9 (10-13 average 11.5)

“May be you switch your weapon,” I gave an offer.
“I used to shave myself with that knife” he doubted. “And used instead of toothpick for a whole… Can we finally speak about money?”
“Sure,” I answered firmly keeping crossed finger behind my back, “half on half?”
“What?”
“I mean we are companions.” I tried to reason him. “You provide the power I provide brains and experience, sharing loot is logical.”
“No,” orc growled slowly “I’m a hero you are sidekick. I do my job you don’t speak while unasked, clear?”
“Yeap”, I replied uncrossing fingers and extending my hand towards him “Sounds like a deal.”
We shook hands and orc asked in suspiciously low voice:
“So what about reward?”
“Remember, Buzog, we made a deal I help you getting loot, you help us clearing the valley.”
For a long two minutes I thought he will break my neck. But he must have gained some wisdom while roaming in wilderness. Anyway he simply asked:
“You know good place to start, Lul Gijak-Ishi?”
I did know both a place to start and meaning of the phrase – “flowers in the blood” – heavy insult.
But you can’t choose a hero if you don’t have spare money.
If you are wondering we are a poor village, but not the one of liars and greedy persons. Simply while we argued Ireth Oronar took our reward money with her into the darkness of the night. We found only note informing she consider that to be compensation for her wasted time.
Well, they always say merchants are well spoken thieves.

Buzog bought some large rations promoting local economy and we left for a small cave. I tried to keep our way in forests since lately jackals have become very dangerous on surrounding plains.

SMC: in first room Buzog found short spear, in next wooden shield (+3)[3,1] and made some barbarish dancing to celebrate his first kill in the valley defenseless goblin rockthrower.
We ventured further and strangely peaceful level raised some suspicions of tension room.
I managed to lead to the Buzog to the blanket and stairs making only four kills. That is some sort of personal sneaky record… But I must admit we used a random teleportation trap quite a bit.
I suddenly felt something very heavy on my neck:
“You trying to fool me once again, Zanbaur? LOOT! You promised loot an that we got a shield and a blanket?”
“They help us very much. Buzog, please, you choking me.”
Luckily he released his grip but I felt that might not happen next time.
On our way back some more rats gave Buzog level2 and I picked find weakness, alertness, detect traps.
Some bat slaying gave level3 this time we got find weakness (23), stealth, disarm traps( I talked myself into this being potentially useful)
As talent I picked long stride.
“Long lived, long stride… You are obsessed with long things, human? Or are you trying to compensate some shortness?”
“You ain’t much higher, Buzog.”
“I meant another short thing. Between the legs.” orc seemed to be extremely happy with that stupid joke.
I took a deep breath and talked him to switch to spear, close a door and do a bit of reading till door is opened. I do remember speaking about hidden hints leading to treasury or something like that. For his own good of course.
We evaded some rampaging hobgoblins and went to a bandit village.
“This is a place for real men” orc seemed to be very happy “Can we get some booze? Anywhere?”
“We could donate some money to a beggars” I offered “They usually have some liquor to pass cold nights and if you make them happy beggars will eagerly share…”
“Are you kidding, human?” orc roared moving his dagger dangerously close to my throat. “At least about giving money to beggars, right?”
“Some of us do this” I answered taking couple steps back. “We got no tavern around here.”
“Ashdautas Vrasubatlat” mumbled orc. I knew this was nearly formal greeting phrase between they kin, but that sounded more as promise. And I feared the day he really kills me is not far away.
Black market had on offer robe of resilience/boots of sneakiness/girdle of carrying (5000 gp I hope it is blessed/potions of troll blood/booze/wonder.
We sold some heavy loot and bought some rocks for not very reasonable prices 3gp a piece.
We also paid a vist to a local crime lord, who offered us some dirty job.
Since Buzog was eager to get more loot we headed for the infamous village dungeon.

VD1: we found some booze, which I managed to get into orcs backpack distracting his attention with some fight. The kills gave us level 4 -alertness/detect traps/first aid (I know this goes up on failures but before reaching Jharod this skill is only means of recovery in case bad things happen)
Vd2: totally unremarkable.
vd3: orc got to level 5 - find weakness/detect traps/disarm traps (at least that gives a chance against some explosive runes). Buzog also felt very interesting tension but I distracted hiom once again by offering to put some pearl necklace on a dragging him down the stairs.
Vd4 – meet some nice orc scorcher. After some orcish dances we get an orc spear +1,+1d8+3. To be honest Buzog took out of his bleeding leg. Still we both agreed that one to be a nice weapon.
Orc also managed to surprise me by disarming stunning rune. We met a healer, Jharod. Unluckily he is not very happy about chaotic orcs.
vd5: we hit lv6 and autosearch. Picks – alertness/find weakness/stealth. Talent -… I thought for five minutes here until Buzog’s teeth grinning wake me from thoughts. I went for quick. It is both useful and a prerequisite for some talents we’ll try to get later on.
To orcs surprise we leave second tension room untouched.
Vd6 We foun some iron bracers. And as I do not know of any negative effects of any bracers we put the one. No gain neither in DV/PV nor in speed. Buzog doesn’t seem to be any tougher, that leeds to a mind we got a bracers of… resistance. Which is great. Wrong things are after some berserkers Buzog is low on hitpoints and we got a random lion.
Without a doubt we do retreat to vd4 and get Buzog healed by Jharod.
“He could teach me a bit” orc surprises me with a clever idea. ”That first aid of yours doesn’t help much.”
“You need to convert from chaotic religion and perform some…”
“You humans are ridiculous” orc interrupts “At first you don’t like me because of smell and now you mind about my gods. Can’t we just beat him into right state of mind?”
“Well, you could kill him. And remember crime lord he could arrange…”
“That are we waiting for?” orc shouted happily "Mirdautas vras! I meant "It is a good day to kill!"
I managed to hold him for a moment.
“We are not that great fighters, remember? And he” I show at poor healer “He can dish out damage fast. Faster than troll.”
“If I backstab him in a back with that nice spear...”
“If you get some more experience with spears while I consult with village council…” as I do not like his gaze again I start speaking faster “Remember mad doctor's equipment is unsafe and untested even on animals.And we could use Jharod's good heart in form of 6 more free healings. Remember, Buzog, tension rooms, loot, please... put me down, Buzog.”
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

Should orc (yes) kill the healer and get stat drained or no -he should convert to neutrality, save carpenter and use gentle touch of Jharod?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 at 14:49 (GMT -5)

That was IMO a white lie, I never had trouble killing the healer, not even with close-combat characters.
I'm not voting on this one though, it is more of a coin toss for me.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 at 17:27 (GMT -5)

I did have trouble with healer long time again:(

Well, it was something like gray elven farmer who lost his starting weapon on explosive trap and tried to beat healer to death with cursed 1d6-2 club which was sticked to his hand...

as i rechecked few moments ago healer is something like dv10 pv 0 hits 8. As my experience tells he recovers almost all his hitpoints in one turn. if he gets any recovery chance of course.

speaking about this particular case i have no doubts orc with st 17 can deliver 8 points damage on true berserking. Sure deal.

the only problem - I do consider this game seriously.
there is no way hero will end as avatar of order if he finishes his first quest by killing innocent guy.
And vice versa he can't became chaos winner if he starts playing with healers and saving carpenters.
If this is coin toss for you... luckily there is one vote already which will be followed in worst case.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5757 days, 17 hours, 5 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 at 19:54 (GMT -5)

curious thread.....
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4950 days, 10 hours, 40 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 at 02:39 (GMT -5)

Kill healer, later kill doctor and crime lord, embrace neutrality.

Or kill healer, kill everyone, embrace chaos.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 at 07:14 (GMT -5)

If you kill the healer though, don't forget to remove your helmet though... happened to me once, my orcish helmet got removed from me >_< Got a better one later though :D
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 3 hours, 52 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

Delay decision for a while; if altar is not found, kill healer and get Healing from Kranf Niest.

We could check out the first four levels of the puppy cave at least before that, though; after all, with our talents we can always run away and let us be healed by Jharod.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 at 10:02 (GMT -5)

altar is nice, but doesn't really change essence of question:
Chaos or law?
i'm afraid decision will be maid at near future.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
GiantFrog
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

An orc's true nature is chaotic. Kill the healer.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 at 07:20 (GMT -5)

Part II Smashing and slashing

Village council appeared not to be merciful. Or was the healer making unneeded concurrency for our druid?
I start the day by listing through orcish phrasebook, while Buzog checks tension rooms.
Vd3 features giant frogs and claw bugs. While former are not a problem at all, later appear being very nasty. Buzog drops his studded leather armor and with blood lust in his eyes jumps into the… Well, we actually keep ourselves in corridor, slashing one at time.
Most of them die at once, but the stream of bugs seems to be endless.
Orc gets level 7 and I pick find weakness, detect traps, climbing (I will need to put points in this sooner or later).
As we are on low hp and bleeding, Buzog prays for his cruel gods who allow him to keep berserking further.
As bugs refuse to die off we hit level 8 – alertness, find weakness, literacy.
The stream of bugs does end just as I start wondering if that may be very special room for breeders to multiply. Well, that was just big tension room - 9x8.
Buzog devours some claw bugs, while I inspect the drops.
Surprise, surprise we got anvil. And huge rock to take care of door traps.
As orc gets bloated a good heap of bugs rot away. Our hero ends with willpower at 3 and dexterity at 14. At least he will be easier to manipulate.
Vd5 – room is full of giant centipedes, which donate poison resistance and a glass amulet.
I do some calculation about Buzog’s rate of healing and it seems very much like the pearl necklace is rapid healing type. If so we just hope to get some holy water.
“Let’s stab that lion.”
“But we could get some powerful artifact if we are nice with kitten.”
“Will we be feeding cats?”
“No, Buzog, just lock it somewhere.”
We do so on VD3..
Vd6 – Buzog skillfully uses his picklocks to isolate path from stairs to stairs and I drop some stuff in corridor to keep certain guy busy.
Vd7 – since I’m not excited about Buzogs DV/PV values we gonna be very very careful. Ready to run that means.
It takes four steps and we start running back as a purple carpenter is after us.
“I just smash him and eat his corpse…”
“At least not here, Buzog. We have some deal.”
“That did not include being coward.”
We go up to a healer and carpenter is saved.
“He run away…”
“He left the loot, right? Just calm down. Buzog! That are you doing?”
He is taking his spear out of dead healer’s body.
“Mabaj nar gajal armauk”.
Not exactly. Carpenter is safe and lion locked. All others…dead.

As we reach village I talk Buzog into reading again.
“That should be carpenters diary and who knows that treasure he saw down there.”
And he gets bridge building. We drop some stuff near village border (mainly anvil and bridging means).

Master thief greets Buzog’s thief talents and asks to join a guild.
“What is monthly fee?” Orc asks in silent voice.
“None. We live on teaching our members.”
“That is not obligatory, right?”
We cash in extra stuff. Buy a potion of water. Unluckily it stacks with other two Buzog found in some goblins pockets. Otherwise we could identify their potential status on buying offers.

After some talking with crime lord and mad doctor Buzog gets strange helmet on his head. As he finally wakes up his fresh Healing skill is at 60+1d3 (main bonus of getting healing this way) and willpower at 2 points.
He is still confused and we get to wilderness and I witness miracle:
Confused orcs can walk on water.
I mean Buzog is still confused and we splash into river. I swim pretty well, but he doesn’t have to pass any swim checks. Nor do his things rust.
As we jump to some swamps I tie Buzog to some bushes to stop his further advances. After a hour of wonderful sunrise I hear silent snap and Buzog stands next to me.
“What?” he shows me remains of rope “What does this mean?”
“I told you about strange methods. I barely managed to get you alive from there.”
We stare at each other for a long moment and head for a puppy cave.
Pc1: I do here some ants, well they used to be more deeper in my memories. We descend quickly.
Pc2: We hit lv9- 3xxfind weakness. I decide to pick careful (useful and prerequisite). We found ant hole. Lock it. Found and leave a pool. Descend.
Pc3: “What is exciting abot a couple stupid roots” – Buzog, vile thief
We get the herbs. And that brings as to a tactical question.
How much of survival tech I should give to an orc?
In other words - to scum or not.
Antiscum means:
-no gremlin bomb
-no sick/starved herb training/no to 500 stoma based third precrown.
-limited access to ID (I guess we’d go fro Filk or Malakai)
-no to speaking with dwarven elder about portal before seeing one,
-no to teleport robbery in darkforge,
-no to pacifying big room, intentional claw bug breeding and a like
-still yes to pick pockets, Buzog is thief after all,
-I’d think still yes to ant ore smithing.
Alternative:
-use of all above
-don’t use piety overflow, wish engine, dragon gold doubling.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

Should we use antiscum or (not)play unrestricted?
Yes  No
Check results

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/3/2007 at 10:45 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
**cHAoTicChaOs**
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 at 02:09 (GMT -5)

Some of those seem fine for an orc:

-Access to ID> More Training, Stealing and Killing..

-Yes to teleport robbery in darkforge, He Is A Thief...

-Yes to ant ore smithing, Orcs hAve CleveR ways To keeP up witH the Dwarves

-Grembomb only if Hes Sadistic enough to Create and Kill 3000 gremlins.?

.vultuous.
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4800 days, 4 hours, 19 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 at 02:26 (GMT -5)

Who doesnt sick-train, no pain no gain. Why wouldnt the dwarf ask you to avenge the dwarven spirit just cause u havent seen some portal, its somethin that needs doin and he'd ask you to do it regardless.

Dwarf Elder, "Thank ye for avengin his spirit, I will now unseal a portal for Ye"

Adventurer, "What portal, I've never even seen a portal, and i have no clue what ur talkin about, Ur just trying to rip me off. Gimme some gold."

Dwarf Elder, "No, thats your reward" *points at dwarven bodyguards*

Adventurer, "Hey I dont want no trouble"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/4/2007 at 02:31 (GMT -5) by Narcolepcy]
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 at 08:23 (GMT -5)

"Who doesnt sick-train"

I don't.

However, if "u" do, at least "u" shouldn't assume that everyone does. "U" got it?

-no gremlin bomb
-no sick/starved herb training/no to 500 stoma based third precrown.
-no to teleport robbery in darkforge, -> just use a blessed scroll of magic mapping beforehand
-still yes to pick pockets, Buzog is thief after all,
-I’d think still yes to ant ore smithing.
-don’t use piety overflow, wish engine, dragon gold doubling.

This is what definitely should be in this DiG in my opinion, the rest can go as you like. In case you couldn't care less about this long post, I voted yes.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 at 09:08 (GMT -5)

about darkforge. i meant exactly that bunny said. it is okay after magic map.
Not okay- to enter forge, teleport to dark place x at west, lock door, pick weapons, teleport at south west, lock door, pick armor, bless id, drop crap, teleport away.

Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/4/2007 at 13:00 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 at 13:01 (GMT -5)

Part III Great journey to the west

The council is wise as always:) Of course I should not give some techs to stupid orc.
We start a day stabilizing some herbs into squares of maireloon and spenseweed, alraunia and stoma.
Vist to Pc4 is very short because river is blocking half a level and Buzog can’t see any sign of downstairs. I also take note of poll we found.
Back on Pc3 orc get sick from corpse fiend hit. We test find curaria remaining in backpack after some single bush picking.
One more claw bug puts willpower down to1.
Once orc gets bored we head to black market.
We buy leather cap (0,+2) from restock. And found short on cash.
As desperate monetary measure I sell manual and got ridiculous money offer for hatchet.
After Buzog check wields, it appears to be flaming one we sell it too.
The choice is between robe of resilience (I’d guess cursed) and carrot juice(guess blessed). Boost to toughness should recover some PV and boost to hitpoints copuld be vital.
After all I decide on juice and swimming. That means we feed little dragon.
Buzog mumbles something about human habits nurture useless creatures.
We start moving westwards towards sunset.
As we go through forests and swamps I decide to pay a visit to rather boring dungeon at the start of the road.Six steps after we end next to closed door. Buzog skillfully detects and disarms stunning rune, picks the lock. And he remains strangely silent.
As orc turns the door knob some tricky wall around us collapses revealing mixed tension room.
We strategically drop anvil to regain some speed and retreat at doorway to room with stairs. Strategy is very simple as soon as we gain free space in front of us, we will close door and retreat to stairs.
Meanwhile blink dog strategically teleports on stairs and summons some of his brothers.
Suddenly position looks like it is line of monster on our right and feast of yellow fur on left.
Brave as true warriors we simply change our direction starting to work back in the corridor. That would allow us to fight no more than two enemies each time.
We do see some fire vortex approaching, but given fact we should be fire resistance it should be beneficial for crowd control.
And crowd control is needed because that stupid dog keeps in back lines and has made his summoning songs twice more. And room is full of stupidly lawful blinking puppies.
Vortex takes out a blinky dog, spenseweed supplies, good chunk of our hitpoints and sends another blinkie to mindless rage. He makes a desperate bite ending very critically on orcs… let say masculine pride. Buzog screams and goes into a sstun from pain.
I try praying to the One Who Rages but orcish god refuses to listen to a sissy human scout. Buzog still has 15 hits remaining and his armor holds for a while before he is buried bellow swarm of yellow dogs with sharp teeth.
And I… surprisingly I am not torn apart but taken down to some very strange level. Buzog pack now rests next to me in the assassin guilds quarters and I can witness he had amulet of rapid healing and bracers of resistance.
I do not know why they are keeping me. But a fact I was allowed to mark location of secret guild gives me some black thoughts. I hope these assassins are in the need of servants or slaves at least. Because nobody would pay for killing us, right?
--------------------------------

Some thoughts after journey:
That was not very bad combo – good toughness, studded leather armor, alertness.
Apparently I either had very bad RNG lately or suck at DiTL at any form. Two failures in a row…
As I still have save file of pregenerated elf, I possibly could switch to other story :)
If anyone is interested that is.
So we have potentially our last poll.

Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

Should we appologize an arrogant elf or (no) face our doom?
Yes  No
Check results

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/4/2007 at 22:47 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 at 14:09 (GMT -5)

I miss Buzog but meh, another DitL can't hurt.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
GiantFrog
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

Damn dirty dogs!

Heck, I voted for the elf originally, let's see what she can do. Besides hurl gold pieces at goblins.
Molach unplugged
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 04:04 (GMT -5)

Let the good side triumph! Get the greedy merchant.

And gold piece hurling will be our one saving grace, I should think
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 07:50 (GMT -5)

The only person in village council claiming elf was way too arrogant anyway was told to shut up. Another scout was sent to find and apologize the elf.

Part IV A toss of coin

She left quite a trace that swift elf. Jus as she wanted to be tracked down.
World apologies would be very soft here. Actually I was crwawling on earth and beging for her help. After a couple of hours we reached point, there she said “Aa’ nauva”. Quick reference to pocket book of elvish language http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/language/phrase.htm
told me that is ort of positive answer.
So we went back to village there Ireth Oronar took shop’s cash (as I know shopkeepers that was so called “Troll money” a little bag of coins left in case of raiding troll barbarians). She also eat our food, drink wine and listened to some local music. Ireth of course complained, that food is terrible, wine hurts her stomach and music is killing her ears. But somehow he dealt with that for five days…
“Were you the one who lead the orc to his death?”
“No, mistress, my twin brother. From youth…”
“Spare my ears from your stupid stories. And you can keep kissing my feet.”
“Yes, mistress.”
“And call me… your majesty.”
“Yes, your majesty.”
That gave us time to inspect her a bit closer

Character Information
Ireth Oronar St:10 Le:16 Wi:16 Dx:16 To:11 Ch:10 Ap:19 Ma:17
Pe:16 N+
DV/PV: 16/0 H: 18(18) P: 14(14) Spd: 101

Background Information

Eye color: blue Hair color: silver Complexion: pale
Height: 6'1" Weight: 110 pounds

HER HISTORY (at least things we got through half phrases and not very sober speakings):
Her parents belonged to the nobility. They were and still are rich, respected, wealthy and owning more than they can count.
In childhood Ireth was tortured by her cruel parents. They
seemed to thoroughly hate and despise little girl.(ill orc, tortured elf – I must be doomed on char generation)
In youth she worked a lot to become rich and famous and earn respect of her family. Consequently Ireth rarely had enough time to play with other kids of her age.
Adulthood was characterized by hard and long work. She had decided to study under a renowned master. To a great disappointment she had to find out, that he was a hard, unjust and tyrannical man, embittered by his old age. Apprentice years were quite terrible.

Inventory

Body : clothes [+0, +0]
Right Hand : short sword (+2, 1d6)
Left Ring : ring of searching
Boots : leather boots [+3, +0]
Stuff
ring of acid resistance heap of 2 rings of mental stability [+0, +1] {Le+1} – two points of PV do not affecting true berserking
ring of luck ring of cold resistance ring of the fish
loaf of elven bread
1087 gold pieces (guess who’s money that is)

Talents: alert/long stride

Skills:
Appraising 38+4d5
Climbing 29+4d4
Detect item status 10+3d4
Dodge 12+3d5
First aid 22+3d4
Gemology 54+3d5
Hagling 42+4d5
Herbalism 13+4d5
Listening 31+3d5
Literacy 64+2d4
Metallurgy22+4d5
Pick pockets 35+4d5
Stealth 37+3d3
Survival 26+3d5

On day sixth she forced me to make oath – “Amin khiluva lle a' gurtha ar' thar”
I did not like that part about following beyond death but did I have any choice?
Ireth Oronar made some fun from orc corpse in our shop. Mainly asking do we eat our exheroes raw or cook them on a fire…
Finally we left for bandit village and famous black market.
{Dv on coward-27}
“Stop at once, human.”
“Yes, your majesty.”
“You will go further in small quick steps. Making path just to ensure that some stupid grass doesn’t hurt my feet.”

Black market surprises us with large mithril shield (-1)(5,2). It is within monetary reach we just need to cash in ring of searching.
Some minor stuff potions of mana/blindness training, scrolls of magic mapping/item detection.
in order to get shield we cash in ring of searching.
Some female outlaw makes a remark on Ireth’s clothing and gets gold coin between her illfated eyes. Actually we make three circles around a shop and waste good dozen of coins. But fisrt kill is first kill.
We also get crime lord quests and head south towards infinite dungeon.

Since I assume we still on antiscum policy. Infinite dungeon will be done at certain way:
– we may go down exploring each level as deep as we like.
– we shouldn’t intentionally hang up for monster to spawn, breed get summoned
– once we start going up (first stairs up that is) we won’t get downstairs again, unless it is really mater of death and life
– once left dungeon can be revisited only to hunt Filk or Malakai.

ID1: Ireth surprisingly picks some goblins pockets.
“Your majesty, you shouldn’t put your beautiful hands in all dirty pockets, I vcan pick loot from corpses…”
“Falling corpses tend to smash potions, blood erase scrolls and rings might be hard to find between the stinking guts. I’ll do that thieving way. And you can skip “majesty” part.”
I stare at her do not believing that I hear.
“Just for the moments there are only you, me and monsters. Once we hit the city or village you will act as my servant.”
“Yes, Ireth”
“ And if you call me something stupid like “Ira” I will spare two gold pieces ”
“Excuse me?”
“To cover your empty eyesockets after I claw your eyes out. Now turn around I need some redressing without seeing wet dremas on your face.”
Robe appears to be ant magical but provides fifth point of PV.
Some coins tossing later Ireth hits level2: 2xdodge, first aid (that is the only means of hit recovery)/detect item status (we feel need in that skill start to work)
Some orcs move as to level three - first aid/detect item status/herbalism/stealth. Talent – miser. Well, we gave some thoughts on hardy. Ireth simply denied it not being elvish.
I2: we met orc scorcher who donates crude spear.
“Me - wielding orcs weapon?”
“Ireth, if I polish it a bit it will be very shiny. Let’s be practical.”
Well, in practice it appears to be cursed.
“Feuyaer” elf mutters as I try to reason her. No pain, no gain.
{on normal DV/PV is 22/5)
Some goblins later we reach level 4: dodge/detect item status/2xgemology (I had a feeling we will try using this fast enough.)
ID3: Goblin chieftain moves us to level5: dodge/first aid/herbalism/gemology
ID4: we leave locked door and tension room. Oh, and Ireth improves her beauty with ruby amulet.
ID5:we met first river. Milk down another orc scorcher and start working on strength
We found stairs down but decide that is enough and switch back
ID4: level 6-discount for shops and we pick dodge/first aid/gemology/herbalism and of course famous treasure hunter talent.
I start figuring con toises have some bonus as certain monster tend to pick up gold before advancing.
First door on ID3 colapses into tension room of rats. We use them to seal first level in shields.
Rats give us level7:literacy-3xclimbing(other skills are way to close to max allowed cap at moment). We found some uncursed gloves and uncursed metal cap (detect items starts working).
Ireth of course can't put gauntlets due to cursed spear, but extra point of PV is sweet.

I2:uncursed scale mail [-2+4]allows us to hit 9 points of PV.
ID1: very boring.
We head back to black market. And as we approach town I start dragging all the load Ireth used for strength training.
We sell things and buy in potion of blindness, secondary shield in case we get rid of spear and need some protection.
{hitpoints-36}

VD1 greats us with spear trap. We leave it in peace because elf’s hand seem to be occupied for little why and in some previous experience I didn’t managed to get ego weapon from a trap.
Vd2- we use locked doors isolating both stair from rest of level to recover hitpoints and gain point in strength.
Vd3- Ireth claims to feel some tension avoiding to open any doors until we are left with two unexplored rooms. Tension room contains lizards providing us with thick gauntlets and level 8-dodge/literacy/2xstealth.
Vd4: we find a blanket and chain mail. Which appears to be white of anger, so Ireth removes it as we like full use of tactics.
“Hey, you told little old healer was killed.”
“Sometimes it better to pretend dead than continue useless fight.” Jharod explains situation. ”Should I heal you?”
Yea, we just munch kobold shaman corpse first.
vd5: Ireth feels tension again but we don't find it and do not insist on searching.
Entering VD6 we see some books suddenly fading away and Ireth suddenly is more clever and slightly weaker. Given fact we are working on strength anyway, that is not bad deal.
We sneak into vd7, because as Ireth explained orcs cannot be relied on. We found nice adamantium girdle (+3PV) and Ireth hears distant vind. So we do retreat, cause on 41hp that could be very fatal.
Vd5 tension room stupid bats, we hit level 9 - dodge/herbalism/literacy/climbing. Talent - quick.
Vd4: healer – “You should prove ability to show a mercy”
Ireth – “Auta miqula orqu” (“Go kiss the orc”)
And before I manage to blink shiny gold coin hits healer wounding him up to critical. Second coin misses healer and as he steps next to us I see he is at full health again.
Ireth hits him with spear putting him to critical again. But next turn he is healthy and angry again.
Elf whacks him again and tells me to cut healer’s throat in case he is pretending dead again.
(With our toughness that was not a question. I’m not playing kick-strain leg-train healing tricks with char on 40hp. )

“Welcome to a guild of thieves.”
“How much you said you wanna pay for glory to have me as a member?”
“Well… we provide some training for reasonable price.”
“You seriously hope to get any money from me, lesser being?”
Before they get into sort of trouble I manage to make point about discount in black market. And increase in buying offers, which seals the deal.
So we sell stuff, and Ireth Oronar gets a healing from mad doctor. 60 points straight and some stat drain. She swears to kill poor guy because of hurting her beauty.
As I count 3 orange potions in backpack, we feed a couple two baby dragon to get some swimming lessons for Ireth. (my personal evaluation 1blessed or 2uncursed ones are needed to get the skill).
Pc1 absolutely boring.
Pc2 – we locate small hole, locate stairs, descend.
Pc3 – luck shines as we found gray altar (Ireth is still NC), bad luck shows up to because he is in corner
So we Id stuff taking notice of acid trap.
Pc4 – we met a famous blink dog one of… I was told not to mention of poor guy eaten by them ever again. We name him, wait for summons, kill summons, repeat.
Hit level lv10 -2xdodge (putting to 50) , 2xgemology(90- coming soon)
Som necro kicks in with hord of minor undead and suddenly cursed weapon appears to be a problem.
We hit level 11 and take herbalism/gemology/2xclimbing.
We proceed playing blinkies until Ireth claims not being able to see more jumpy yellow fur. We eradicate remains and have a count of 45 blinkies without seeing a corpse.
Pc5: we decide to check incase we found some stairs fast. We use stairs to deal with wererat. We switch to rat dropped blessed (+3, +2) leather armor.
“I had enough of that stupid iron on my shoulders…”
“Ireth, let’s be practical PV is very…”
“I am practical. That is 5 points odf deflection instead of 2 points of protection and some to hit penalties. Keep your stupid head turned away, I am not finished yet.”
We also found cloak of protection and stairs down.
We get strangely excited but gnolls and hyenas are not very interesting.
On our way back we use bless identify scroll.
Big finds are scroll of danger (2 pieces), uncursed potion of gain attributes, waterproof blanket…
We manage to get screwed on food so Ireth ends up praying for food and with Ayssia grumbling in anger.
As we hit Pc2 again we wait for ants dig a bit and kill random goblins with gold pieces. Unluckily they keep opening doors and ants find us pretty soon.
Ants gives us levelv 12 upgrade in carrying capacity, and-2xgemology( putting it 100)/2xdodge As talent I pick careful.
We close doors and wait for ants to do some extra work.
Actually we get more gems than ore but both are in quite small quantities.
One of last ants drops corpse giving us acid resist.
We use acid trap and double acid resist to try get out of spear. Unluckily acid gives before orcish craftsmanship is affected.
We cash in stuff on black market and buy detect traps. Accident with explosive rune taking cloak of protection makes elvish merchantess reasonable on this topic.

That will not be game braking question but I need to make a stop somewhere.
Shall we attack crime lord?
Pross: cash, marble amulet, probably hiting level 13 for granted pickaxe.
Cons: no poison resist, not much of hit points, no divine help, only means of attack are wand of magic missiles(7 charges) and our trusted gold coins.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

Should Ireth Oronar coin toss hotenzplotz to death or (no) we should do this great deal later?
Yes  No
Check results

vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4950 days, 10 hours, 40 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 09:06 (GMT -5)

Later. Race to pickaxe which will be reachable fairly soon anyway not worth potential untimely death.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 11:09 (GMT -5)

each time char enters dungeon it is potential untimatly death.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 12:54 (GMT -5)

Yes. The arrogant bastard will either die or show some fighting (or at least running) skills.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
**cHAoTicChaOs**
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 16:03 (GMT -5)

wand of magic missiles(7 charges)??

Thats heaps enough to kill them all...
.vultuous.
Go to page 1 2 3 4

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?