Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / patched ADOM

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

xaraxx
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2007 at 02:46 (GMT -5)

I don`t sure if this is the right place to write.
but where can I get a patch for the game.
What is the diffrents between the normal version (I mean 1.1.1) and the patched one?
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 22 hours, 5 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2007 at 06:49 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Version 1.1.1 is the latest version.

In the guidebook there is some talk about Celestrix and Lust for Glory not being available without a patch, this could refer to a hack that enables these to be generated.

Where you would get such a hack I don't know. But there is no official patch for after version 1.1.1.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/26/2007 at 06:49 (GMT -5) by Silfir]
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4778 days, 22 hours, 33 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2007 at 07:52 (GMT -5)

I don't have any patches but i remember someone saying they had it patched so any artifact could be a precrown. Unless your talking about something like that, there is no official patch, and using one would disqualify you from the hall of fame.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 16 hours, 18 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 at 05:43 (GMT -5)

I got that one from http://folk.ntnu.no/houeland/adom/ , in addition to making precrownings more random it makes a couple of changes to the game, monsters not blind raging themselves(or you) to death, and jackals not getting so experienced as fast. I like those changes. It's not official, but I don't care.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
h
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 at 09:30 (GMT -5)

Being able to get any artifact from precrown (well, they're determined at birth) is IMHO quite nice, and this may be what Thomas intended, the "standard set" of artifacts being a bug (that's what I heard, anyway.)
Removing blind rage makes the game easier, but may be necessary to remove the bug (who wants to have Filk kill himself and lose opportunity for ultra ending?)
However, the "uberjackal effect" is not all that bad - it has been included to stop excessive farming. It may be a bit too strong, but playing without it IMHO makes the game too easy.

I generate my characters on a patched version, then play on an unpatched one - so it is as hard as it should be (sadly with the blind rage bug...) and I can find any artifact in the game.
xaraxx
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 at 14:37 (GMT -5)

Will the use of this patch concidered as cheating?
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4778 days, 22 hours, 33 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 at 15:03 (GMT -5)

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think i read somewere that most monsters relative in power to the jackal level up after about 20-30 some kills while the jackal levels after ten or so. Can't remember where i read it though.
h
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 16:22 (GMT -5)

Maybe not cheating, but "easy mode" :)
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 22 hours, 5 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 at 13:37 (GMT -5)

It is not cheating, but hacking. Bug or not, it changes the game. But the only detriment that brings is pretty much being disallowed from entry into any version's Hall of Fame. Also, I don't think Thomas would approve.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3089 days, 16 hours, 52 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 at 17:10 (GMT -5)

Also - precrowns are random, it's crownings that are predetermined. You can check by savescumming, everytime you get a diffrent artifact.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 16 hours, 18 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 at 05:56 (GMT -5)

True, but not all artifacts are available when the game decides to create a random artifact(precrowning, surge of power and the like). These are:

the heavy crossbow "The Far Slayer"
the obsidian quarrel "Thunderstroke"
the scorched spear
the hammer of the gods
the rune-covered club "Skullcrusher"
the glaive "Long Sting"
the bracers of war
the rune-covered sling "Whirlwind"
the fine leather armor "Nature's Companion"
the jet-black battle axe "Executor"
the robes of resistance
the staff of the archmagi
the ring of immunity
the rune-covered heavy mace "Purifier"
the medium obsidian shield "Protector"
the sapphire amulet "Preserver"
the crown of leadership
the dwarven pick axe "Hammerhead"
the iron gauntlets "Ironfist"
the black tome of Alsophocus
the shining long spear "Soaker"
the emerald dagger "Serpent's Bite"
the rune-covered halberd "Wyrmlance"

The patch changes it so that ALL artifacts can be generated. I think. At least I got the Iron Crown of Havlor or whatever it is as precrown.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/3/2007 at 06:03 (GMT -5) by J.]
h
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 at 12:50 (GMT -5)

My dwarven weaponsmith that has been generated on patched version got Vanquisher from precrowning...
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 21 hours, 23 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 at 15:28 (GMT -5)

Well, that's one of the features of the patch. It's also one reason why wins with patches aren't considered quite as pure as winning in the normal game.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: