Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Pyramid & rangers

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Elraz
Registered user

Last page view:

5093 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 04:11 (GMT -5)

two questions please….
1.I heard it is easier to get precrowening at the pyramid. IIRC, I never saw an alter there, so is it true? How can it be done?
2. I`m palying a ranger and I also read somewhere that he can sacrifice seeds. How much will get me precrowen?

Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 20 hours, 8 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 05:03 (GMT -5)

Let me think... About 100 blessed stomafillia are said to be enough for a precrowning... That's 600000 points of satiation. A seed has 20 points of satiation, so you need 30000 uncursed seeds. On the bright side, 25000 blessed seeds might be enough.

I don't know why it should be easier to get a precrown in the pyramid. What people refer to is probably that if your precrowning level minimum has become 17 due to 3 artifacts found, you can gather up piety and become precrowned after having gained level 17 inside the pyramid BEFORE fighting Rehetep, since you don't need an altar to become precrowned, you need it to gather the piety for the precrown.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 05:06 (GMT -5)

The point about the pyramid is that you can't be over level 17 to enter, but there's a precrowning possibility at level 18 (provided you haven't generated too many artifacts). Completing the pyramid generates 2 further artifacts, which will normally screw up any further chances for precrowns for the rest of the game. One way to get around this is to get to level 17, on the verge of turning level 18, and sac enough stuff to get you extremely close. Then once you enter the pyramid you can kill something to get you up a level and pray for a precrowning (assuming you still have enough piety and are of the right alignment).

Any character can sacrifice seeds, it's just that Rangers start out with the Survival ability that lets them get seeds easily. As far as I'm aware it takes a stupendous amount of seeds to get a precrowning though. You're better off harvesting stomafillia.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 20 hours, 8 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 06:22 (GMT -5)

The precrowning possibility is at level 17 (8 + 9), and the Pyramid only allows PCs of level 13 to 16 to enter. The process is as described (though I'm not sure you can get the extremely close message when you've already been precrowned), only one level lower.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4891 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 14:12 (GMT -5)

It reads in the guidebook, that
for precrowning you must have:

character level >= 8 + 3 * artifacts generated.

For the longest time I thought it
meant your exp. level must be
greater than 8+(3*AG), but it's actualy
greater than or equal to 8+(3*AG).
It is a bit cryptic.

About the pyramid, I don't even think
it's possible for an alter to be
generated in there, as I have never
seen one in all the years I've been
playing. Maybe you read that it's
easier to get pre-crowned before
doing the pyramid. That would make
sense, because of the 2 artifacts
generated there.

Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3111 days, 14 hours, 55 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 07:53 (GMT -5)

Getting crowned in the pyramid isn't about getting an altar there, it's getting absolutly close at level 16 and leveling up to 17 in the pyramid.

You do so if you want to get the maximum amount of precrownings while not missing the ankh and the ancient mummy warping.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/13/2007 at 07:54 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4593 days, 9 hours, 31 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 17:26 (GMT -5)

Yeah, getting crowned with cold immunity SUCKS! Wear the AMR to prevent that.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: