Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Guide to classes

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4597 days, 13 hours, 15 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 14:24 (GMT -5)

I really enjoyed the guide Silfir made about archers, I was wondering if anyone else had a favorite class they would like to make a guide about?
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5867 days, 12 hours, 18 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 02:40 (GMT -5)

I always like playing assassins but i dont live long enough to make a guide

so please someone make a guide for assassin ( or any other class)
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5354 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 07:28 (GMT -5)

Adom is a somewhat open game, so it's hard to make a guide for a spesific class. I tend to make an all-around killing machines that just mindlessly whack everything to atoms. My tactic is almost always set as berserker and i wear virtually always seven league boots for outrunnign difficult enemies and shooting them with bows. I've never used shields even though i have found defender a couple of times and after i can take out steel golems i wear the crown of science 'till the chaos plane.

I bet that someone else does everything *completely* differently, so (un)fortunately you'll pretty much have to find your own way to play the game.

What i can give is few pointers. If you're not playing a character that is born with healing and/or in month of candle, it might be preferred to get healing from the malicious doctor, since you'll get it to 60 righ away. Small cave is good for training your char to lvl 6 very quickly but you have to be careful. Archers are probably the easiest to play in the beginning because you can start by killing the lavelothehl crime lord and his bodyguards, thus getting to lvl 8 before you even really start the game. Another easy to start class is ranger, because he has all the useful skills right from the beginning. Especially orcish ranger who starts with the greatest set of skills of all race/class combinations in the game.

The first talent everyone should always take is alert(+1 pe) which is a prerequisite for treasure hunter(being the best talen avaible!)

Good starting signs are raven, candle, sword, dragon and all the others are somewhat useless(again someone might think differently), only cup and wand a bit better than the rest.

Hopefully this helps. For additional(though somewhat questionable) tactics, look for the extreme tactics topic!
EDIT: and the stat scumming with starvation!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/28/2007 at 07:31 (GMT -5) by Jhonka]
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4066 days, 23 hours, 52 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 15:40 (GMT -5)

I've got a Barbarian guide sitting finished on my laptop hard drive; should really remember to post it...

Anyway, anyone who wants to make a guide should tell the others here. And if he or she is finished, just send it to me and I'll post it!
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5474 days, 14 hours, 35 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 20:11 (GMT -5)

sword and dragon aren't so good, though they are better than the rest. Cup and Book are definitely good starsigns though
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 20:12 (GMT -5)

Depends. A Barbarian loves Dragon and Sword, but hates Book.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
Portrait
LordMcHash
Registered user

Last page view:

5908 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 18:02 (GMT -5)

Have I got a guide for you!

Grab a sword and swing it into somebodys face! Eat their corpse and move on. Repeat. Thats all you need to know.
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 25, 2007 at 15:53 (GMT -5)

Have fun munching kobold corpses, then.
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4597 days, 13 hours, 15 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2007 at 06:03 (GMT -5)

I have to say, I'm very pleased with all the guides people have created, and the positive feedback and constructive criticism given by all the readers here. It's been quite interesting perusing all of them.

I'm considering doing a ranger guide, my favorite class.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: