Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / ACW Easy Defeat

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

SirMason
Registered user
Paladin of the Shining Citadel

Last page view:

4739 days, 13 hours, 57 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 at 20:13 (GMT -5)

As a dark elven assassin, I found that I could poison, blind, and kill the Ancient Chaos Wyrm without being hit once (in melee...I nearly got blastamicated by those magic missiles of his). Here's the equipment I used...you can put it all together.

wand of poison (4 charges): 1 out of 3 charges poisoned him.
wand of acid (8 charges): works REALLY well, especially when I put a few fire daemons inbetween me and the ACW. Of course, one could always just use the Acid Bolt/Ball spells if one has them.
potion of blindness: I probably should have used this before the acid, because the ACW panicked after being drenched by the acid and nearly ran off on me.
ring of invisibility: helps a lot.

Add the Emerald Dagger with 100 Find Weakness and it was all too easy to chase it down and deliver the final blow. Now, the ACW will heal itself; just be persistant with the acid.

This is the best strategy I have for the ACW, so I thought I would share it for players who have a lot of trouble with it.
You pick up the Wand of Do Nothing.
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...
The Wand of Do Nothing misses the kestral. Come on, it's a Wand of Do Nothing!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 02:51 (GMT -5)

I like to get him trapped in a tunnel in between some fire elementals. If you're invisible the elementals won't see you, and they'll block off the ACW's escape and approach. Keep firing acid wands and the wyrm will fall before the elementals (which tend to shrug off bolts a lot).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5350 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 08:48 (GMT -5)

potion of confusion works especially well for acw. Just lure it into a tunnel and throw one, preferably cursed, potion of confusion at it. It'll be confused for a long period of time.
SirMason
Registered user
Paladin of the Shining Citadel

Last page view:

4739 days, 13 hours, 57 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 09:24 (GMT -5)

I had potions of confusion, but I was afraid if I tried to shred it in melee after throwing the potion that the ACW would still have a chance of hitting me.
You pick up the Wand of Do Nothing.
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...
The Wand of Do Nothing misses the kestral. Come on, it's a Wand of Do Nothing!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: