Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / wishing for Greater Molochs

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5447 days, 9 hours, 56 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 21:14 (GMT -5)

I have one RoDS, I am a level 20 barbarian. I have ~300hp 25PV and the rune-covered trident. I have done everything I can except the rift (eek, no) and do not have a ring of ice. I was wondering if I should use my RoDS on emperor moloch in the barbarian's glade. Firstly though, how do GM's relate to water? would they refuse to cross? can I set myself up an ice battle platform? Should I? Should I toss the rune-covered trident at the GM's? Should I engage them in melee. I have no demon-slaying ammo. I can teleport so as long as they don't pick it up. Is that a bad risk to take? Will GM's cross ice? Should I just wish for rings of ice for the fire temple? Should I take the time to save the wish for GM's later and scume for a ring of ice? Where would I do that?
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4039 days, 19 hours, 13 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 at 00:25 (GMT -5)

I certainly wouldn't do it.

Without demon slaying ammo to kill the first two or three for the next couple of levels...
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4210 days, 18 hours, 31 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 at 12:49 (GMT -5)

If the Rift is too much of a risk for you then 20-30 GMs is quite out of the question. Whilst you possibly could take them down one by one with the RCT any lucky hit would likely kill you. And if one of them picks up and equips some moloch armour then it's game over.

They can cross ice, but not water, so if you made an ice island you could maybe snipe them all, though obviously you don't have the demon-slaying ammo for this (the RCT doesn't always come back when thrown).

Rings of ice for the tower sounds like a good idea, or maybe some other equipment so you could go in with all heat proof stuff. If you want to scum for rings of ice then I guess it's a matter of getting lucky in somewhere like the high kings dungeon (unless you want to resort to gremlin bomb).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 at 13:21 (GMT -5)

I could probably get some demon-slaying ammo from roving barbarians, I have teleportitis and if I kill only lone GM's I should be able to keep armor (which would be *really* nice to wear). I have dragon scale mail (not red), will that survive the tower? Without spenseweed the tower could be expensive. How much PV/hp do I need to survive a hit from a GM? I agree that I should do this later though. GM's see invisible right (I am invisible)?

If I found some dragon-slaying ammo and blessed it, should I take on Keriax (stone circle) sometime soon?

Another thought, I don't have the alignment for crowning (L at the time), and don't have any means of getting myself a pet (that I know of), nor a really reliable means of healing a pet that I do not have (a couple potions of healing isn't much). I would prefer to defer the ToEF until I am crowned. How could I boost my alignment (other than walking around with an amulet of order, already doing)?
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 at 13:45 (GMT -5)

Dragon scale mail is always made of adamantium, so it's towerproof.

You don't get demon slaying ammo from milking barbarians, sadly.

PV doesn't help much against GMs. They have several attacks and can hit for 200 HPs with a single of those.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5327 days, 18 hours and 31 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 at 14:23 (GMT -5)

do not wish for greater moloch(emperor moloch) because the game has some sort of bug and when hulking armor is equipped by a gm he'll become fast as hell.

It's a lot safer to gain levels in id. Just go deep enough that you find titans and greater molochs 50 should be deep enough.

Any kind of missiles can be milked from rowing barbarians. idid find lots of -foo- slaying ammo while i was getting arrows for killing bugs. Though this is slow and too unreliable to be a good way.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/29/2007 at 15:53 (GMT -5) by Jhonka]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 at 19:50 (GMT -5)

If I get an uber moloch, I'll just have to kill it with missiles. failing that (which is likely due to extreme dx), I could just move from one side of the water to the other.

how many attacks is several?

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/29/2007 at 19:51 (GMT -5) by F50]
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4868 days, 20 hours, 48 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 at 19:59 (GMT -5)

Uber molochs would regenerate, and
regenerate, and regenterate...etc
I don't know if you could inflict
enough damage in one hit, to offset
thier super regen.
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 01:12 (GMT -5)

can you get rid of ice flow from a distance by using fire? that way you could trap a moloch on his own personal island, and not have to worry about him.

-Maelstrom
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5585 days, 1 hour, 27 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 02:43 (GMT -5)

F50: one way of possibly getting demon slaying ammo is fletchery (though it's not much use without the skill). Since the ammo generated by fletchery is random it IS possible to get slaying ammo that way. I know from experience since my latest Archmage created an insane amount of arrows and did get lotsa slaying ammo (also some unerring arrows of slaying). Using blessed fletchery set on blessed log creates a nice stack of ammo and fletchery sets can be easily received by e.g. PoExing surplus keys or bandages.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4570 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 03:42 (GMT -5)

On average, how many demon slaying arrows would it take to kill the GMs summoned by a wish? What is their average speed? And how much To Hit do you need to hit them regularly?
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 05:37 (GMT -5)

It depends on the char you're playing. I have archer that has bows 15 and dex 99 and it still takes several(2-3) hits from demon slaying arrows to kill a gm. You'll probably won't miss, because they have dv like 10 or so but they have 100 pv and 1000 hp AND deal damage up to 500-1000 per hit, though they adjust in power so this is based on how high level your char is. super gm:s might hit 3 to 6 times, so no matter how strong you are, once he hits you'll die.

one way to kill 25 gm:s is to wish for 'em in somewhere where they cannot surround you entirely. A maze is actually a good place for this, but the traps are definetly a problem. But if you decide to do it, id suggest the maze/pyramid/ lower level of the dwarven graveyard.

When wished for, they are scattered around and since these places contain tight corridors and dead ends it is quite easy to prevent the gm:s from getting hulking armors. And as a plus you'll encounter only one at a time. I've tried this once and it worked to and extend, though all your kickass stuff will probably be destroyed by the acid traps. I personally do not think its worth the ten levels you'll get from them. Kill the eternal guardian instead!!

If you decide to try, you'll need hellish amounts of teleport wands/spells, means to kill them and a blessed scroll of magic mapping.
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4928 days, 2 hours and 2 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 06:05 (GMT -5)

Has anyone ever actually successfully killed a super-fast GM? IIRC a Steel man hurthling monk claims to have managed to have escaped one in the wilderness, having made it panic, but I dont recall anyone claiming to have felled such a hellish beast.

Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 07:50 (GMT -5)

@The Real J.: Did you create DEMON slaying ammo using Fletchery, or was it REGULAR slaying ammo? Because the former is its own type of item, while the latter is actually normal ammo with a magical suffix.
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 at 17:30 (GMT -5)

I've failed killing an über gm with a lvl 50 archer with 99dx 236 speed and seven league boots. I did escape, but i doubt that even escaping is impossible without teleport. They really are that fast.

The guidebook says that emperor moloch can be wished if he is killed, but that isn't right. If he is killed and wished afterwards nothing interesting happens. Some text appears saying that you hear heavy breathing and that's all.
EvilKingReturns
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 12:07 (GMT -5)

I had this same idea about 3 days ago, I went ahead and did it with about a lvl 25 ranger (i did have lots of slaying, humanoid slaying, and demon slaying ammo). I only managed to kill about half of them, but it was still about 7 good lvls. Note* they do not pick up ammo, i just gave them the constant run around and kept at it. I got very lucky with the RoDS that game, more than i ever had, and next time i just wished for rings of ice, got 2 blessed and a normal. Its not a bad idea, but wishing for the rings let me go ahead with the game.
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4570 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 12:15 (GMT -5)

I wonder what a moloch would look like. Some giant figure in big dark armor? Humanoid?
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3088 days, 14 hours and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 12:49 (GMT -5)

I usually thought of them as giant, hulking chaos marines with a steampunk like armour. Spikes/thorns, no wings, the only part not covered in metal are the glowing eyes deep inside, located lower then the shoulders.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5798 days, 14 hours, 48 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 13:20 (GMT -5)

I always thought of them just how you look like in RuneScape with a set of armor with full helm and platebody, just much bigger and with some kind of greataxe that disappears when the moloch is killed :P
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 13:43 (GMT -5)

A big &. I'm not that great at imagination.

Seriously though, a bigass suit of armor with a very evil-looking black sort of fog inside.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5585 days, 1 hour, 27 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2008 at 02:32 (GMT -5)

Well, seeing that many kinds of creatures - from the tiny girl to an ancient dragon - can wear moloch armor I presume it consists of several small plates fixed to some stretchable base material so that it will adapt to the size of the creature.

Then again, based on the weight of corpses ancient dragons in ADOM are probably around the size of a pony...
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3088 days, 14 hours and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2008 at 09:33 (GMT -5)

Anyone can wear a moloch armour, since it looks kinda like this: http://endling.deviantart.com/art/One-You-and-I-45668291 ;)

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
DarrenGrey
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2008 at 19:10 (GMT -5)

I imagine a huge, towerlike humanoid with immensely thick armour that has become brown and encrusted with age-old dirt. Its eyes glow a fierce red beneath its giant visor, and its whole vile form emanates an aura of burning corruption and decadant power. Each marching step is slow and deliberate, with an unstoppable strength like the collapse of a mountainside. Each balled fist rains down like a comet, with a ferocious vigour that smashes through all defences, crushing the life out of any pathetic opposition like an ocean snuffing out a candle.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4120 days, 23 hours, 48 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2008 at 23:20 (GMT -5)

I always thought of molochs as small angry persons in sort sophisticated of power armour. Probably semi robotic fueled on magic and chaos.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: