Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / How smithing works?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Brotherforest
Registered user
Saviour of Trees

Last page view:

8119 days, 23 hours, 38 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 06:10 (GMT -5)

I've seen in some flags, that rustproof items have been made. When I try to smith, w. ankh, 2 rings of luck, I still can't improve items much.

Halaa puuta
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8031 days, 17 hours, 8 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 08:12 (GMT -5)

i overestimated smithing, after i tried the best i could come up with was around +5 to eternium plate mail dv and 1 or two 2 pv. i only tried eternium things, and moloch armor. scrolls of protection and defense are much better. imo i think SoIMD and SoIMA should work on armor with negative attributes.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 16 hours, 44 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 20:53 (GMT -5)

There is a cap on how much PV and DV you can add to an item, if you already hve a piece of armor with 20PV chances are you won't be eable to improve it. You may however reduce or eliminate the negative DV such items usualy have.

Smithing is very nice to improve those girdles, boots, gauntlets and bracers though, they generaly have rather poor stats to start with so there is much room for improvement. Those scrolls are best used for non-metalic items (like 7L boots and girdles of giant strenght and what not), at least if you are a weaponsmith because the others can be upgraded by smithing. You can also add quite a bit of to hit and bonus dammage to weapons. Some weapons also have PV and DV modifyers that can also be improved quite a bit.

All in all smithing is quite usefull as long as you don't keep trying to improve things that already are of supreme quality.

You can waterproof someting by dipping it in a blessed potion of oil btw. No smithing involved.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/24/2002 at 20:59 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5823 days, 5 hours, 32 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2002 at 18:39 (GMT -5)

Dipping in blessed oils of rust removal rustproof if i remember correctly.

I heard a rumour that smithing with eternium is far less likely then the other metals. (don't quote me on it tho.)

It wouldn't make much sense using SoIMA + SoIMD on armor tho, however those backwards armor attributes for melee/missile annoy me. (esp on things like havlor and elemental gauntlets)

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: