Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Corruption

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5738 days, 1 hour, 55 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 08:13 (GMT -5)

My current character is suffering rather badly from corruption (probably because she hit the 90-day limit a loooong time ago, while still hunting for an AoLS, and didn't even find one), so I have a few questions about exactly how it works.

I know the Guidebook lists corrupting and non-corrupting zones, but does the corruption rate get worse the deeper you go into a corruption zone? If so, how much faster is it on D:50 than on D:10?

What about the 90-day limit - is there just one increase in the corruption rate at 90 days, or does the rate keep increasing after that?

The manual says the following about Druids:

Finally, they suffer 10% less corruption from all such attacks at level 50 due to their close connection to nature.

Does this only apply to corrupting attacks, or to background corruption too?

This has nothing to do with corruption, but ... is it possible to call Khelavaster back from the dead with a wish? I've tried wishing for "Khelavaster", which silently failed with no messages, and for "ancient sage" which gave the message "Nothing happens". I haven't had the opportunity to try wishing for "dying sage" yet, so I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could tell me what happens if you do (in 1.0.0 and after allowing him to die) - especially if it works, because then you'll have salvaged my chance of becoming an Avatar of Balance!
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8010 days, 20 hours, 46 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 08:24 (GMT -5)

hey while you're at it wish me up a left handed
gibson les paul flametop with a naked chick inline ok?
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

7283 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 10:02 (GMT -5)

I can't help you with the corruption; I haven't tried to figure that out yet. Using a wish, though, I have some ideas. It might be possible if you wish for either "Khelavaster, the dying sage" if you have an amulet of life-saving, or "Khelavaster, the ancient sage" if you don't have one. Be warned, though; wishing for him as the ancient sage probably leaves a trigger untriggered (ie. him giving you stuff for giving him an AoLS, and he may not teleport away to Terinyo, either). But personally, I think TB added a check for Khelavaster, checking to see if he died, and you can't ressurect him through a wish (though he might have added a conversation with a ghost...). Anyway, that's what I think would work. Hope that helped.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Less twitch, more mental itch - saying by me.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7871 days, 3 hours, 45 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 12:39 (GMT -5)

Generally, the closer you come to the chaos gate in depth, the worse background corruption there is. A few exceptioons exist though. Such as DH:1 and DH:2 which has *alot* worse background corruption rate than the levels close to them. The reason why this is is because the danger level in DH is really high.

Background corruption rate are partly based on danger level. Just stay in SMC with a pc level 50 char and you'll see... :)

The background corruption rate is roughly doubled after day 90. Danger level not included in the calculation.

The less corruption class power applies to all corruption sources yes.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3728 days, 5 hours, 4 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 15:29 (GMT -5)

A related question: I almost always end up past 90 days (thanks to AoLS). Does background corruption just double once, or does it accelerate after 90 days?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5802 days, 9 hours, 10 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 19:58 (GMT -5)

Nah there's no way to get khelly back from the dead... i've wished and wished and nothing even close works. (any of the suggestions posted so far don't work)

Iridia, as Locke stated is dependant on the danger level... if you spend a lot of time in a cave the danger level will increase and corruption will increase. So it accelerates would be the answer to your question.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5738 days, 1 hour, 55 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2002 at 05:01 (GMT -5)

Thanks, Dougy - now instead of wasting any more wishes trying to get Khel back, I'll just wish for scrolls of chaos resistance. Why don't you suggest that the results of wishing for "Khelavaster" and variations be added to the Guidebook? I don't know how Andy chose which unique monsters to try wishing for, but the list isn't anywhere near complete.

HicPotboy, have you ever actually wished for a unique monster as "X, the Y" and got it? The Guidebook page on wishing says that wishing for "Kranach" doesn't work but wishing for "raider lord" does, but it doesn't mention what happens if you wish for "Kranach, the raider lord".
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

7283 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2002 at 09:04 (GMT -5)

No, I haven't actually tried to wish for ANY person, actually, but I'm a programmer, and I tend to think about how a program is written; My reply up there held some of my conjectures. I would have thought that TB used a string containing "Khelavaster" and one string containing "the dying sage" until you give him an AoLS, and then string2 would contain "the ancient sage". It's a problem when programming that there are always bugs; I didn't think it would have been worth TB's time to close up that bug, unless someone submitted to him. Anyway, that's my opinion. Don't take it too literally.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Less twitch, more mental itch - saying by me.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: