Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Potions of Raw Chaos

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4591 days, 8 hours, 54 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 at 01:59 (GMT -5)

I've experimented with these, a bit too much perhaps. One of the things I noticed, cursed items or using cursed PoRC seem to frequently cause an explosion.

Does that mean uncursed and blessed items used with similar potions won't blow up, or just have a lower chance?

I think it was 250 or 300 damage, is there any way to reduce it or reduce the corruption the drops cause?
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
noob
Registered user

Last page view:

5920 days, 22 hours, 1 minute and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 at 05:03 (GMT -5)

I hate these. Why do I never learn from mistakes and just keep my fingers off PoRC? After one character already blew one for 6 (!!! expected 2 max) corruptions I did it again with the next - the very 1st dip exploded...
The elemental gauntlets don't reduce corruptions while I think the damage wasn't that high for me - so some resistance (fire?) probably works.
Somebody on forum told that PoRC only explode if the item is changed into itself - so dipping items that wouldn't be generated on current danger level should be perfectly safe. Dunno...
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4591 days, 8 hours, 54 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 at 04:54 (GMT -5)

I find, it's a decent risk for brass bracers or rings, if it's early enough in the game that you don't have anything else worthwhile to wear. The transformation usually creates something useful. I wonder if you could turn clothes into Eternium plate mail :P
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5468 days, 10 hours, 14 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 at 15:57 (GMT -5)

interesting idea. I wonder if you can turn clothes into moloch armor,
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: