Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Experience

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5802 days, 1 hour, 50 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 00:51 (GMT -5)

I've recently been doing some research into experience required for levels and how it varies with race/class/gender and other things.

In order from least to most experiance

Farmer, Merchant, Wizard, Priest, Healer, Archer, Assassin, Thief, Beastfighter, Elementalist, Necromancer, Druid, Mindcrafter, Bard, Weaponsmith, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Barbarian.

Gnome, Hurthling, Human, High Elf, Orc, Gray Elf, Dark Elf, Drakeling, Dwarf, Troll.

Males require less experiance then females.

Trolls require roughly 3x the experiance of all other races. At least 2.5x and upto about 3.5x.
Dwarfs require about 1.4x the experiance as gnomes.
The lowest experience required to get to level 40 i got was 6491655, with a male gnome farmer born in the month of the cup.

Experience doesn't purely follow an exponential scale. There are "special" levels which once reached reduce the experiance required to get to the next level. Eg. to get to level 2 from 1 requires more experiance then to get to level 3 from 2.

These levels are 2, 22, 27, 31, 36, 44. (+- 1 level). The levels that these are chosen at are unaffected by race/class/sex.

These levels behave like hills, once your over them you level faster, but slow down again once you reach another hill. They are quite significant, ~20% of the experiance required to advance to the next level.

Experience required is locked in at the creation of the character. However you'll gain more experience from kills with a higher learning.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7623 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 00:55 (GMT -5)

umm... how much time did you spend doing this "research"? ;)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Runemaster
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 06:19 (GMT -5)

"Experience required is locked in at the creation of the character. However you'll gain more experience from kills with a higher learning."

Do you mean learning attribute or what? I haven't noticed that it would actually affect on the amount of experience gained from kills. But instead, PC's speed has the most significant effect on the experience points gained from kills. Otherwise good observations.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7749 days, 11 hours, 1 minute and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 14:49 (GMT -5)

Actually Learning does have an influence.
My last win was a dwarven barbarian(KULL).He had Learning 99.He was levelling up goddamed fast.He must have tannsversed 32 - 50 in less time than it took form 1 -10.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5802 days, 1 hour, 50 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 21:20 (GMT -5)

Yar actually i should of popped a note about speed in there... it's quite important. See the top four wins in the HOF, the only reasoning i can come up with is that he cast slow monster on himself before killing balors.

The learning attribute has a fairly large affect aswell.

Oh and it didn't take that long... i just copied/pasted the experiance table from some charactors into excel and derived it...

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Runemaster
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 06:26 (GMT -5)

I just had a character finishing with over 600 million exps. I found two Wands of Wishing, with 5 charges of total so that makes 7 wishes. Then I found one RotDS. First I wished for Boots of the Slow Shuffle and used the remaining wishes to wish for "Emperor Moloch". So I killed over 200 greater molochs while I had speed about 35(after I had obtained moloch armor).

Sometimes the experience point counter crashes when you kill Greater Balor or Chaos Archmage or some other bad ass dude if you have very low speed. Once I killed Greater Balor for 14 million exps(I had speed ~50) and suddenly I had 999999999 exps. Strange, very strange indeed.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7749 days, 11 hours, 1 minute and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

I believe thats already been fixed in the next version.
The speed is to experience thingy has has been toned down

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7790 days, 12 hours, 38 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 19:54 (GMT -5)

Imagine a troll having 99 as learning, then the problem with trolls is lost. [problem of gaining exps]

Ok, another thing i discovered in exps most recently while expermenting. When one sacifice at a co-alighned atlar, he/she will not gain exps from wat he will gain when fighting monster in melee. For eg, the exps i gain from fighting a giant rat is 9xps but when i sac it at a co-altar i will only get 1xps. To be confirm, i then found another creature which is a swordmen, i sac it and the ori xps was 37 whereas i will only get 6-7 xps. Hence, a altar generted at either the PCave or others that has a high monster generation is sure too great as you does not level up that fast and hence doesn't makes the situation worse.
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3727 days, 21 hours, 43 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 20:38 (GMT -5)

Especially in the SmC. You can count yourself very lucky indeed if you find an altar there!

A related question--does a sacrificed monster count as your first kill?
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/1/2002 at 20:38 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 at 02:45 (GMT -5)

Iridia: I once found an altar (and a coaligned one as well) in FIRST room of SMC. And downstairs in second room.

Too bad that char got killed by a jackal...
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 01:26 (GMT -5)

First kill: It should; sacced monsters appear on your kill list, and count against kitty karma (if you sac a cat).

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: