Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Pets

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
rmcin329
Registered user

Last page view:

5208 days, 22 hours, 31 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 18:08 (GMT -5)

Just for fun.....whats the best pet you've all managed to tame using the music skill? And which instrument was used?
Portrait
zv
Registered user

Last page view:

5653 days, 10 hours and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 19:07 (GMT -5)

Killer bug and did it no problem with a level 1 bard. Killer bugs are mighty good.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/16/2008 at 19:09 (GMT -5) by zv]
noob
Registered user

Last page view:

5921 days, 12 hours, 57 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 21:20 (GMT -5)

Chaos rat

Sounds puny, but it was one in the SMC! (Never really tamed much) Darkelven mindcrafter was hopelessly surrounded by lots of overpowered stuff in tunnels (including undead). Used up every single last resort including prayers, unidentified items (pretty lucky: healing !s, ! of invis, \ of doors), ... and even remembered his music skill (at ~25). Ok - maybe they weren't tamed, but they started attacking each other giving me time to come up with even more desperate stuff. Character would have made it, but invisibility wore of 1 step before steps and another chaos rat instantly landed a crit (level was pretty full with em).
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4591 days, 23 hours, 50 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 04:02 (GMT -5)

Well I didn't tame it, I started with it, but Cave Bear(s) rock. They heal relatively quickly, and once they gain levels, they can become wrecking machines. I think Troll and Orc bards start with them. It makes getting the items and finding the stairs in SMC much easier. Just swap places with the pet if you're in trouble or don't want to level. They'll get all the xp and the monsters won't get stronger.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

5843 days, 12 hours, 12 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 15:47 (GMT -5)

Bears are bard starting pets for Troll and Dwarves. Bard Orc start with Dire Wolf.

My feeling is that most normal common pets looks very much the same from level 1 to 15 (I haven't trained any above this level yet). For sure they have different number of attacks that strongly depends of the race and I notice few other characteristics special to some races. But nothing to make one race pet clearly better than other.

Apart that, without any stethoscope to get stats I got a strong feeling that the birth difference are more important than the pet race. For example, their speed seems to vary more from one animal to another than between races, for example a Large dog can have speed of 100 or 108.

I have tried a too small number of pets, and I have tried most kind of pets too few times to be sure of anything. But here is some feeling I got, take care that all could be wrong, eventually pets differences are more important between one animal to another than between races :
I tried: Large dog, Big dog, Dire wolf, Giant lizard, Cave bear, Brown bear Grizzly bear, Cave lion, Cave tiger, wild cat, Cave lizard, Bug (in fact something Bug but not the famous killer bug), Blink dog, Giant raccoon, Silver Wolf.

- Brown bear seems to be those the most often more fast to walk than other pets. I quoted speeds from 108 to 113.
- Cave tiger seems in average the second pets faster after Brown bears.
- Bug seems those that have the max number of hits, 6 times at startup, can't say later because they died before. I need experiment them better to know them better. The two I tried died too quickly, before level 4.
- Wild cat have probably the smaller hit point level and defense level, I tried about 5 or 6 and never succeed make them survive long.
- Blink dog are impossible to control and train. They constantly teleport and go do fight on their own so die easily, or summon other bd that will get the xp instead of the tamed bd,
- Giant raccoon are making hole in walls everywhere, you have no control on this so using one is to call for more hazard. I don't see clearly how take advantage of this.
- Cave tiger and Cave lion get the highest number of attacks after the Bug. They start with 3 and go to 6 then 8 and 9. When for example, Large dog start with 1 then 2 then 4, and bears with 3 then 4.
- Those pets seems quicker to attack than other pets, that could depends more of the birth than the race : Large dog, Cave tiger, Bug, then but perhaps not as quick to attack than the three mentioned : Cave bear, Grizzly bear.
- Cave tiger are the only pets I clearly notice to do 2 kills during the same round.
- I clearly notice those pets doing in same round movement and killing : Large dog, Cave tiger.
- Most pets seems to have very similar hit point level with few exception : Bears seems to have hit points a bit higher than other pets. Cave tiger seems to have the lowest number of hit points after wild cat.
- Most pets seems to have very similar defense with few exception, but nothing very obvious : Large dog, Dire wolf and Cave tiger seem to have a better defense than other pets.
- Two pets seems more coward than other, Blink dog and Brown bear.
- Some pets seems more berzek than other : Large dog, Grizzly bear, Cave tiger, Bug.
- Big dog seems the weakest from far, but I only tried some tamed, not the big dog starting with a Hurthling bard. Their main problem is their number of attack that always stick to 1 unlike all other. And I didn't notice any other advantage to compensate this. I can't use Wild cat to compare them because I never succeed rise up a wild cat more 1 level.
- All pets start tamed at level 1 (I don't think you can tame any animal that has a level above 1) and at this level the strength differences are noteworthy, but with few level up this advantage disappear. Those pets seems stronger at level 1 : Cave lion, Cave tiger then all Bear. Wild cat seems the weakest at level 1.
- A last quote, two pets have teleport skills during game I played, Blink dogs and Cave Tiger.... Really I have a Cave Tiger with teleport skill according to its description in game! In fact I think a teleport trap generates this skill in the description but it doesn't have the skill.

Overall I got the feeling that pets are weak and tough to keep alive. If you want keep them alive you need train them so they get much more levels than your char. That means more time spend in game except if you plan play a game where only your pet is level up. All have a similar regeneration rate, something not good so you have a problem once a pet has a severe injury level. Continue with a highly hurt pet is a high chance of death for the pet and healing them will require either wait a very long time, either use many potions, either to have heal spell and use it a lot. Once your pet is significantly higher level than your char, it's sure that it opens many different strategies and tactics. But that means that your char will level up much more slowly to keep this balance. Also you can't bring to your pet armor, resistances to elemental, resistance to poison and so on, so it's a desperate run to try keep them much stronger during all the game. It's just a feeling I have as I haven't tried yet. The exception is probably the killer bug, not sure any other pet, at least among those I tried could do the same through a full game.

One pet killer is poison, you can't use the cure poison spell on them, not sure if there is any potion. Some poison are weaker enough so the pet will survive. But some poison do a lot of damage and last long enough to kill you pet multiple time. This seems to bring a little disadvantage to Cave tiger because they seem to have less hit points than other pets. This seems to bring a little advantage to bears that seem to have higher hit point level. But one more point is attack speed and chance to hit, some pets really get an advantage from this particularly if you use some place switching tactics, you let the snake/spider try bite you, then switch with the pet and those that are fast to attack and rarely miss a hit will kill it before any attack of the snake/spider. Anyway with a pet hurt by a strong poison, there's most chance that this will require you to use multiple healing potion. Eventually snake or spider pets resist to poison and that could make them an interesting choice. It's possible that some pets resist better than other to poison, but nothing obvious for me.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/22/2008 at 15:49 (GMT -5) by Doalag]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4232 days, 9 hours, 45 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 21:09 (GMT -5)

Wild cats have only 1 hp at level 1 - they're almost impossible to keep alive. I don't think there's any animal pets that have many hit points actually, except perhaps a giant boar (a rare encoutner in forests later in the game). Killer bugs are only decent pets because they get a stupendous number of attacks, but you still can't rely on them for really tough monsters.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5820 days, 6 hours, 2 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 08:48 (GMT -5)

Not so rare. If you can't get a killer bug, a giant boar or two is the best thing you can get.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 15:34 (GMT -5)

Darren : Well I never saw any killer bug pets, I read there's a cave but also the 100 plays, not sure I reach them. Just curious how many hits they get??? Cave tiger and cave lion gets 3 then 6 near to level 5 then 9 near to level 10/12. Not sure if there is any limit. That said they aren't clearly better after some level up than many other pets with less hits per turn. The killer bug has certainly more than that to be a killer pet.

Anyway number of hits is useless if chance to hit deosn't follow. I have been stunned to quote after long play with two pets that one had only one hit per turn and the other 6 hits per turn. That was Claw bug (6 hits) and Giant lizard (1 hit), the efficiency level wasn't clearly in favor of the bug.

Darren and Battle : Well rare anyway, I wanderer a lot wilderness for training pets and don't remember to have met any.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/23/2008 at 15:35 (GMT -5) by Doalag]
noob
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 15:55 (GMT -5)

The bug temple is near the mad minstrel. Killer bugs are just like your clawbug only much bigger and deadlier. They are fast (150) and attack 8 times, but the main killer-thing about them is that they ignore every armor (PV that is) - the claw bug does it, too.
Note that in the wilderness you will encounter some monsters only after reaching a certain level.
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 18:06 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the precision, it's weird I didn't noticed any temple near the mad minstrel! That said if it's a cave, there are some that kicked me out fast because too tough very soon.

The speed probably plays an important role, I haven't seen any reaching this speed, fastest I ever see is a rown bear and a cave Tiger. 8 attacks isn't a lot but if chance to hit is high unlike than for the Claw bug that miss a lot, that can make all the difference with the speed. I'll go check if I have those, but I doubt I have 100 death+games.

If ugly cheat now and I create the 100 games eventually generate 100 death, will the current game will get those bug killer?
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5469 days, 1 hour, 10 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 21:08 (GMT -5)

No, you will not start with killer bugs, you can merely enter the temple with the killer bugs and greater claw bugs. A level 1 bard can be easily slain by them, but if you tame a few (greater claw bugs) they will be able to pwn all early-game monsters.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4890 days, 12 hours, 2 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 23:57 (GMT -5)

Doalag:
There is a dark green asterisk 7 steps to the
left of the mad minstrel's hut/cicle on the
wilderness map. It leads to the BUGWIL level.

I think that killing 100 PC's, will not let your
current PC enter the BUGWIL. I'm pretty sure that
you must have 100 PC's dead, before generating
your character.

Killing a 100 PC's just to open the BUGWIL, can get
booooring. It's kind of annoying to have to start
the program, punch in all the keystrokes, quit,
re-start, and repeat a gazillion times. If you do
it manually, it is worth your time, to edit the
configuration files first. Changing a few variables,
can help speed things up a lot. Here is a list
of variables to add in your adom.cfg file. Of
coarse, make a backup first, so you can easily
undo these changes afterward.

Questioned_Attributes  = false
Quitters_Allowed       = true
class                  = wizard
name                   = lizard
race                   = gray elf
sex                    = male

Adding these lines will take the number of
required keypresses from 13 to 7. You will make
male gray elven wizards by the name of lizard.

There is also a program that you can use to automate
the process. It's called robo task, and it's what I
use to make 100 dead PC's on a fresh ADOM install.

It takes a while (maybe 1/2 hour - hour) to learn how
to use it, but it's quite useful once you learn it.
Basically it can send keystrokes, open/close programs,
plus a horde of other things. It's useful for auto-
mating non-adom stuff too, so it's probably worth the
time spent to learn it. I don't know if they make a
non-windows version of it though.

Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4949 days, 17 hours, 16 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 11:28 (GMT -5)

He he, scumming for death. I love it!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4232 days, 9 hours, 45 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 12:04 (GMT -5)

There is actually a way of editting one of the configuration files to simply change the integer value to 100 and let you in the bug temple, regarldess of how many entries you have on your high score list. Can't remember exactly where it is though...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 12:36 (GMT -5)

Thanks for all the details, yep that temple, hard to not see it but I remember it as a place full of ghosts where you couldn't go until you reach more experience! Nope that was more characters made or die. Save file plus death list made the sum of 100, I don't have 100 death nor 100 saves but now I got access to the temple with a new character.

I'd love to get the trick to be able to enter the temple with my character made previously to reach 100. But I'm using the osx version and I bet your trick wouldn't apply.

I get in the temple with few new characters one of them succeed to tame one (other are killed before) . So for this sample :
- The speed of this one is good but not amazing, only 108, I got a large dog with the same speed, a cave tiger speeder and a brown bear much more speeder.
- The number of hits is nice for a level 1 pet but for some pets it never rise when for other it rises. If it never rises like for the claw bug then it's not impressive, I got a lion and a tiger reaching 9 attacks and perhaps more later.
- The chance to hit is much more higher than any level 1 pet and from far. That makes all the difference. Enough to almost make it too powerful at startup.
- Sure the piercing attack through armor is another plus, it's not major, you just need to play a claw bug to realize that.
- For the defense not sure, it get hits only few time when I tried it. It's quite possible that there too it makes the point in comparison with other pets.
- Overall I feel the killer bug level 1 seems as tough than the best level 10 to 15 of other more common species I tried. Too bad I can't enter the temple with my current char who own a zoo. :-D

That said, pets level 1 are very different, some are clearly more tough than other but after some levels it's less and less obvious.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/24/2008 at 12:37 (GMT -5) by Doalag]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 4 hours, 39 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 15:18 (GMT -5)

Here's some information on those animals you've tamed, note that this info is probably found using code-diving, which is EVIL, omg. But just so you would believe that the killer claw bugs are awesome:

animal              alignment   DV/PV     attack
claw bug	        N	14/1	6x 1d2	        100 spd	6 hp

greater claw bug	N	30/12	8x 1d4+6	120 spd	36 hp

killer bug	        N	50/24	8x 1d4+12	150 spd	78 hp

cave lion	        N	15/1	3x 1d6+1	100 spd	22 hp

large dog	        N	12/0	1x 2d3+1	100 spd	17 hp

cave bear	        N	17/5	3x 2d6+2	100 spd	40 hp
These are base values, so when you encounter them the stats vary.

Note how pitiful the normal claw bug damage is in comparison with the others. The PV bypassing ability is more powerful than you think, as you WILL meet monsters with PV of 40,50 and 100 later in the game. Normal animals won't be able to deal with them.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 15:32 (GMT -5)

See? Cave bears rock as starting pets.

And killer bugs are like cheating.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 15:57 (GMT -5)

In fact I only tamed some greater claw bug, I believed killer bug was a nick name. :-) Anyway greater claw bug are also like cheating. :-)

No doubt only the grater bug is much more strong than other pets. But the problem with your stats is they are level 1. At level 6 a lion or tiger has already 6 hits when the greater bug stick to 8, later lion and tiger go to 8 or 9 hits. So how about other stats when levels up???

Also your stats are quite relative, one of the greater bug had in fact speed of 132 and another 108. Could you provide base for tiger and brown bear, it's those I found some the faster after the greater bug.

Yes armor piercing should be bigger than what I have seen because too low level.

EDIT :
Some more hints that those stats don't show a lot when level up are done :
- The Claw Bug does only 1-2 damages per hit at level 1 but at later level it kills in one hit stuff that can't have only 2HP.
- Also many pets at later level like the cave tiger and many other do up to 90 damages in one hit and even 100 for one and this continue rise.
- I agree the cave bear is cool as a starting pet, but later on it gets only 4 hits for example the large dog starts with 1 hit but later on also get 4 hits. One more detail that base stats at level 1 show probably something quite different than with more level up.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/24/2008 at 16:17 (GMT -5) by Doalag]
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 20:10 (GMT -5)

What I want to know is, if you can't take pets past D:49, then how did that lvl 1 hurthling bard, Trinity, beat Andy with killer bug(s)?

Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4061 days, 10 hours, 27 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 at 02:23 (GMT -5)

Where did he say that he did? My guess is he disturbed Fisty, teleported to the chaos gate to enter, and killed Andy with missiles or something like that.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 at 02:27 (GMT -5)

I thought trinity shot Andy after negotiating D50 with Scrolls of Familiar Summoning? Doesn't that character have GMastery in bows? There are loads of monsters (greater molochs, the emperor moloch being extreme examples) you could train your archery with using normal arrows and not need to worry about actually killing them... tedious though.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4142 days, 15 hours, 2 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 at 03:45 (GMT -5)

you can use pet to kill Andy. so Trinity's result might be improved.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 at 05:00 (GMT -5)

The whole challenge requires levels of patience way beyond anything I am capable of. Maybe one day I will roll a heir bard sometime and stroll across to the bug temple, just to see what those bugs can do. But not anytime soon.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5134 days, 15 hours, 39 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 at 08:14 (GMT -5)

Trinity used scroll of familiar summoning to clear D:50.

Trinity also shot AnDoR, yes. Archery is not that tedious to train, Greater Molochs yield many marks per shot for a LEVEL 1 character, I should think. And you will gain them indefinately from one monster, unlike melee marks. I do think she used steel golems to train a bit, but that probably won't work when you get a good missile skill...but one GM wished for on the surface should work well enough. Barbarian glade, mabye.

Trinity did not use many wishes, wish engine (or mabye just one lucky 19-RoDS dip) would generate enough SoFS for chaos plane...still shoot AnDy to low health with slaying ammo. AnDy is paralyzing and that tends to be rough on pets. But overwhelming a reduced Andy might work.

But I am so not going to even think about trying it. Oh. Lithium is fine by me.
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5349 days, 9 hours, 45 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

You don't need 100 DEAD PC:s, 100 has to be created but not nessessarily not killed. Typing mighty fast with one hand you can make a pc and quit in less than 3 seconds! I do this whenever i want a specific race/class/gender/birthsign combination. Raven drakish mindcrafters AAAHHHHHH.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/26/2008 at 05:22 (GMT -5) by Jhonka]
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 14:50 (GMT -5)

To get more clear stats about pets I used a bard with healing skill and got a stethoscope. About that, with a previous bard with a heal skill I didn't get one or didn't saw it was dropped on ground(!), perhaps it's because it was N+ instead of L.

Anyway so that shown that the one hit damage shown when you look the pet has few link with real stats. I haven't yet try many pets nor lead them up to level 15/16. But for :
Cave Bear Level 10 :
DV 23, PV 6, Hits 52, Attacks 3, Dmg 7-17, Spd 98

To compare with Giant Ant Queen also level 10 (with corrected values) :
DV 10, PV 11, Hits 46, Attacks 1, Dmg 11-25, Spd 91

When looking at the pets, The Ant Queen does 10-100 damages and the Bear 6-65. For both those numbers are very hard to explain with their stats.

What's sure is that none will ever go near to stats of a level 1 killer bug. :-)

EDIT : Well the max damage shown when looking at the pet should be a critical hit that involved 4 time the max damages. The bear just didn't get the luck to do a critical with max damages. The lowest damage of 10 was just when the queen had less level.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/26/2008 at 16:46 (GMT -5) by Doalag]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3110 days, 5 hours, 14 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 15:07 (GMT -5)

The 'l'ook command gives you all the information your character observed. It can tell you goblin rockthrowers teleport. You've seen one do it.
It doesn't care about teleportation traps, critical hits, throwing potions at monsters and other effects.
You've seen it, it's written down in monster memory.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4061 days, 10 hours, 27 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 15:17 (GMT -5)

Information in the monster memory is supposed to become more accurate if your Learning stat is higher.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
noob
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 15:33 (GMT -5)

Doalag: Like Maelstrom said - when "l"ooking at a monster the displayed range of stats (damage, speed, ...) is taken from what your character has seen - including all other monsters of the same kind (who have probably different levels though). So your tame dogs information is based on your level 20 dog but also on all the level 1 dogs you've met in the game.
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 15:38 (GMT -5)

The learning of the char who though a pet had teleport was good. I don't think the trap teleporting a pet triggered the information but more a pet teleported near the char, except that I think this happened right after the pet walk on the trap.

Ha well, can't be perfect and cool feature.

The Giant Ant Queen just level up, interesting to quote the changes (with corrections):
Lv10 : DV 10, PV 11, Hits 46, Attacks 1, Dmg 11-25, Spd 91
Lv11 : DV 10, PV 12, Hits 50, Attacks 2, Dmg 11-25, Spd 91.

Apart get one more attack an some more Hits, it's very minimal changes. :-)

There are some other important stats not show (for them too the Greater Claw Bug was well setup, sure it's even better for the killing bug). It's the chance to hit and the speed to hit (initiative). For example if the Ant Queen is strong in practice for those 2 pets I use, even with only one attack the bear succeed more often and much more often thanks to the 3 attacks compared to only 1 the ant had.

A last characteristic for pets is how fast they go to attack, a sort of aggressive level. For that too the bear do better than the queen.

EDIT: I corrected the numbers of the Ant Queen which was injured the first time I quote them.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/26/2008 at 16:51 (GMT -5) by Doalag]
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: