Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Barbarian Quest question

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Hendar23
Registered user

Last page view:

5628 days, 22 hours, 15 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 13:39 (GMT -5)

I've gotten a character further than I ever have before (yay!) and I'm onto the quest where you have to kill 20 of the first creature you killed. Of course, I have no idea what beast it was as I normally never make it past the animated forest and hence didn't bother to make a note.

It had to be a goblin or rat or some low level creature (I went to rescue Yirrigs first) so I'm hanging around in the big room above the dwarf town were plenty of those types of creatures spawn quickly, but will it tell me when I have completed the quest? Or am I supposed to just go back to the old barbarian periodically and check?

Thanks!
"Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work" - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5024 days, 4 hours, 55 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 13:52 (GMT -5)

Unfortunately, you are going to have to go back and check with the old bugger. In the future, make a note of what you kill first somewhere, or change your name to that of your first kill. Or try killing something first that isn't exactly common, but uncommon enough to stick out in your head e.g. a beggar or something.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Portrait
Hendar23
Registered user

Last page view:

5628 days, 22 hours, 15 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 13:56 (GMT -5)

Thanks. I like the idea of changing your own name heh never thought of that.
"Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work" - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 8 hours, 11 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 15:12 (GMT -5)

Another little trick to remember it is to press & and type in the name of the monster. Every time you press & again for that character it will give in brackets the last monster you looked up (so if you wanted to check something else, you could enter in your first kill again afterwards to preserve the record). The reward for the quest is handy for melee fighters, but isn't in any way necessary, so don't feel too bad about missing it out.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 3 hours, 6 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 16:43 (GMT -5)

It's also useful to remember your first kill in the end-game if you want to get your hands on a certain powerful polearm.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5799 days, 4 hours, 29 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 17:07 (GMT -5)

DG: That's what I always do. I don't want people to call me a mugger.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 8 hours, 11 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 01:26 (GMT -5)

Battle bunny, I normally come up with some shortening or warping of the monster name for my char. My last win was called Mugs for instance. Other chars include Bandera, Begra, Cuthan, LOL (for outlaw - try leaving a shop when called that), Hash (assassin), etc. Or just append a couple of letters to the end of a character's name and remove after you don't need to remember any more.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4928 days, 15 hours, 42 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 at 08:35 (GMT -5)

I try to just go for odd sounding surnames - ShumaOLeada, VatraBegg, BenderBandi etc etc.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 at 08:40 (GMT -5)

I USED to do the name thing - Orccrist, Goblinbane, Muggle. Whatever. But then I switched to the &. You can still use the & command, quite useful, just "reset" it back after you check something out.

& is best, I tried both. No more argument.
(insert hypothetical smiley here)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: