Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / artifacts

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6319 days, 7 hours, 27 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 at 14:53 (GMT -5)

Gloves of smiting's damaga/hit bonuses are random... you can get even minuses from them... I rarely even try any gloves or take them with me 'cause they're usually useless. And I think that alchemist gloves does something to yer alchemy skill, logical, isn't it?

And about artifacts: Do you know that does "the iron crown of havlor" have any kind of specifications or anything else restrictions for getting it? Aargh, god damn my grammar sucks =)
I want that crown 'cause it simply rules but I haven't got it but once... Gnomish Elementalist (who died just 'cause of my own stupidity. Went to mana temple without acid spells and without slaying ammo, you can guess what happened.)

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
SkidiWili
Registered user
Grand Inquisitor

Last page view:

8097 days, 16 hours, 43 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 13:08 (GMT -5)

I believe that the gloves/gauntlets of smiting add damage bonus when fighting unarmed, so they might not be so useless for a monk or beastfighter.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7775 days, 14 hours, 51 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 13:23 (GMT -5)

I thought that was what boxing gloves and brass knuckles did.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
SkidiWili
Registered user
Grand Inquisitor

Last page view:

8097 days, 16 hours, 43 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 14:38 (GMT -5)

Well, maybe the gloves/gauntlets of smiting are just more powerful than those two. At least they sound like it.
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 15:33 (GMT -5)

no, they adds damage to melee attacks, not unarmed only.

Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5828 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 17:29 (GMT -5)

Iron Crown of Havlor (-6, -6) [+12, +12] {Le+4}
thats it - no hidden attributes, IMO crown of leadership is better.

In adom it appears gloves of smiting do just what they say with no hidden attributes. I don't ever remember getting a glove of smiting with a >0 damage modifier - their that rare. And the bonuses aren't worth what can be gained by other glove-types.

from www.dictionary.com

smite - To inflict a heavy blow on, with or as if with the hand, a tool, or a weapon.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 4 hours, 53 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2002 at 00:40 (GMT -5)

is it just me, or does moon sicle seem to show up in almost every game? is it a garunteed artifact?
any char of mine that gets past dwarftown always seems to have it show up on the list of aritfacts generated. however most of them don't actually find it (although i just played a DE archer that found it; wasn't sure it was actually it, so i carried it around for a while til i was killed by a oger lord (ran out of ammo, so i started bashing it with my halberd. well, geuss who was stronger. actually this guy came out pretyt good; my 4th highest scoring char ever in 1.0)

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 1 hour, 33 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2002 at 02:10 (GMT -5)

Yup. it's guaranteed. the level # isn't, though. It could be above or below dwarftown.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 18, 2002 at 11:46 (GMT -5)

I haven't found it above dwarftown... I think it's below, always

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7775 days, 14 hours, 51 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2002 at 12:45 (GMT -5)

I always find it below.

Duke: If you want to find the scythe in every game
look out for a stone golem.He'll drop it.Remember unlike other artifact gaurdians the stone golem has no name.

Anyone know why that is?

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5828 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2002 at 23:59 (GMT -5)

Regarding the silver key - it's only obtainable through crowning with a thief, as there's a 1 in 6 chance of getting it even with a thief it loaded very seldomly. And since thieves aren't the most popular class in the game, ppl assumed it was removed.

Oh and note that the gift given at crowning is locked-in at birth the only way to scum for the silver key was to create new chars and quickly get them crowned as fast as possible.

There's a lot of artifacts that can only be obtained from crowning. Like bugbiter for rangers. It's all in the guidebook under crowning.

Havlor can only be obtained from crowning using the classes elementalist, merchant, mindcrafter and monk. It has no hidden attributes just - Iron Crown of Havlor (-6, -6) [+12, +12] {Le+4}.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7897 days, 15 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 13:59 (GMT -5)

The stone golem doesn't carry the scythe when it is generated. It can pick it up like any other monster can do. So you can evade the golem itself if you want and still get the scythe.

Locke Cole
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7816 days, 16 hours, 29 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

IMO, the Crown of leadership is better than iron crown of havlor though the latter is better in terms of defense and protection.

As for the moon Sycthe, i think the reason it was left guarded by a unamed guardian.
-To prevent surge of power whereby this artifact can be obtained immediately as the level is made known to the PC. The PC can then Sacf it and can ask for more favours as piety increases.
-If it was a named guardian, then wat i know of is that to obtain the artifact will be more difficult. As stone golem are immune to fire, ice attacks and u will not wanna wish for a highly/extremely exps golem. Hence, no named guardian= easy to obtain the artifact.

" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 1 hour, 33 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 19:57 (GMT -5)

Which is good, because Moon Sickle is pretty much useless anyway. (Except for sacrificing, ratling food, and !PoRC, of course.)
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6967 days, 10 hours, 27 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 at 08:44 (GMT -5)

You can always sell it. You can get pretty much cash for it in the shop in Dwarftown.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: