Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Help w/ quickling lord

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

B_C_
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 04:46 (GMT -5)

Im a level 14 wizard - what do I need to do to kill a quickling lord?? Please help.
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5385 days, 3 hours, 17 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 05:03 (GMT -5)

Well why you should kill a quickling lord? Thrundarr quest? If so, then its quite bad thing.

But otherwise you should level up a bit, train spells and such before even trying to kill one.
Thank God you are wizard - you have guite good chances against these pesky things (Just lost a nice character on D:46 against quickling king).

Well killing quickling royalty is guite easy with spells if you have good damage and willpower on it. Remember to fight on Coward mode. Keep somekinda way of escape with you - Teleportation for example, If things start getting bad you have no time to run away. Potions of extra/ultra healing are good to have. Having lots of DV is important due multiple armorbypassing attacks of quicklings. Maybe you should try getting alertness somehow if you dont have already.
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 4 hours, 46 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 07:30 (GMT -5)

What should Alertness help with much? It gives minor DV at high levels. It's near impossible to get anyway.

Bolt spells should take care of the thing pretty quick, though if it decides to run away, there's next to nothing you can do.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5385 days, 3 hours, 17 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 07:56 (GMT -5)

Ahh sorry about that.
I remembered wrong about alertness, it doesnt help against enemy missiles - like archer level skill does.
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 11:57 (GMT -5)

Duck into a corridor and bolt the bugger. If it is dumb enough to come to the square right next to you then burning hands will make short work of it (assuming you've trained it up a bit, which you really should be doing). Ball spells kill them quickly too, though you might need a high amount of willpower to be able to hit them. In the later games improved fireball is the easy way to kill any quickling (or crystals of fire if you have gemology).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Ancient_pink_dragon
Registered user
So I was talking to a dark elf

Last page view:

5701 days, 20 hours, 21 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 13:02 (GMT -5)

AH! Quicklings! Grrrr, hate'em.

I'll make things qu... fast. Just set your tactics to coward, use a ball spell for when they are stupid enough to get close to you, no monsters can avoid this, not that I have seen a monster avoid this, the other spells mentioned are also great suggestions. Use these, (maybe pious points plus PoUH as well) and you should have no trouble at all.

If'en you do die I would suggest collecting blessed morgia roots for when you get to this part again.
You attack the Ancient pink dragon with all of your force, but do not mange to harm it! The Ancient Pink Dragon breaths a deathray, poision, fire, acid, ice, lightning, water, corruption, missle, petrefication, and stun breath at you. All of your equipment is torn apart! You die...
#######################################
..-------------------------------D%$[(%
#######################################

Robojesus_gintfrg St99 Le99 Wi99 Dx99 To99 Ch99 A99 Ma99 Pe99 L++ Dv/Pv 1500/1500 H -5843(18857) P 99999 (99999) Exp50/48320283474958492 ID:48374 Spd:5833 Blessed Invisible Bloated
B_C_
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

thanks everybody. i really have no reason to kill the thing so i think ill ignore it until my spells do some more damage - he runs away and regens before i can do him substantial damage. im pretty newbish - this is the first time i've ever gotten past the animated forest actually :) working on live-saccing my way to a crowning and trying to get a life-saving amulet to save kelly - any suggestions???
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5469 days, 19 hours, 29 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 22:57 (GMT -5)

wizards can be difficult. Drink from Darkforge when you are ready to take it on. portal quest and pyramid (with wand of fireballs especially) will help you level.

Best piece of advice: don't die

and

don't do anything stupid. :P Your worst enemy is yourself.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5135 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 04:06 (GMT -5)

You have one reason to kill him, which is eating his dead, bloody corpse. But you can wait a bit on that, yes.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 4 hours, 46 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 05:46 (GMT -5)

An amulet for Khelly? Um, visit any place you can, do every quest you can before talking to him. Tomb of the High Kings, Dwarven graveyard, pyramid, the whole deal. If you don't have an amulet of life saving by then, it depends. I second F50's suggestion - try getting a wish out of a pool in Darkforge or the other pools you have undoubtably seen. If that doesn't work out, check the water dragon's loot. If that doesn't work out, either do the Fire Temple or if you don't feel up to that, either start gremlin scumming or let Khelly die. It's not that bad to let him die, you can get SoCR from other sources.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 22 hours, 58 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 17:24 (GMT -5)

When drinking from pools, remember to always stop drinking when/if you get doomed: "You continue the road to nowhere" or something like that is the message. You can't get a wish from a pool if you're doomed. Just pay a visit to an altar and sac some more to your god to get rid of the dooming.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: