Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Where train pets?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

5844 days, 12 hours, 28 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 15:27 (GMT -5)

I was in ID when I got a corruption and then I realized that unlike what I believed I10 and bellow involves corruption.

Now I wonder if there is any place where I can train pets without getting corruption. It seems to me that only small dungeons aren't corrupted.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 10 hours, 2 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 19:52 (GMT -5)

Up to I9 is non-corrupting, same with the caverns of chaos. Village dungeon, druid dungeon and unremarkable dungeon are all the same. That's about it really, for places where there's actually monster generation.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4950 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 10:04 (GMT -5)

I guess the cavernous level of the puppy cave could be the best...

Is the small cave corrupting?
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 10 hours, 44 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 10:27 (GMT -5)

I think it becomes corrupting at some point.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 12:26 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the suggestions. About the puppy cave the guidebook doesn't mention any corruption.

Where is the unremarkable dungeon? It requires climbing set? For the druid dungeon I probably don't met the condition yet. Well I currently gave up to find an area without any corruption.

I wanted finish get some pets to level 21 as for some pets level 17/18 it was a little rough in the moving forest and I gave up for the other road that I explored a little with some very tough battles but no stairs that go down found.

What dungeons have a difficulty linked to character level? I think VD and PC have a fixed difficulty level.

The point is also to know what dungeons have a difficulty linked to the character level. Those with no link are useful for the first level up, VD for common good pets level 1 to 6/7, Puppy cave for level 7/8 to 9/10. But those with links to character level could be useful for higher level up. Probably ID and the Coc large area level at some point for pets 11 to 17 and a char level 7.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 13:10 (GMT -5)

Unremarkable dungeon is below the small cave - it leads to the HMV. Druid dungeon can only be gotten if you forgo the carpenter quest and speak to the druid instead of the village elder in Terinyo.

The only cave that levels up with the PC is the small cave, and it's best avoided. Everything else has difficulty based on how deep in you are. Most things are pretty linear, though you have to beware a few areas like DarkForge.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 13:46 (GMT -5)

Ok thanks in the guidebook this name is used only for the list of dungeons with no corruption. That is great I believed it was a corrupted one. The small cave could be an option in fact with a character level 7 and pets level 18/19 but it has some corruption, perhaps low for a character level 7.
EmptyOne
Registered user

Last page view:

5404 days, 10 hours, 58 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 14:31 (GMT -5)

According to The Guide, the Small Cave is non-corrupting until day 90. After that it seems to be level dependent.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 20:34 (GMT -5)

Experience dependant, to be precise, though you can roughly correlate it with levels.
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

You mean as a character level 7 I can consider it's like level 7 of Coc? Cool no corruption then! :-p
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 12:37 (GMT -5)

No, it's generally about double your level. That counts for monsters too, which is why the place is so damned dangerous.
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 08:40 (GMT -5)

Corruption of double the char level? You mean a corruption of 14 every 20 turns? Well I used the small cave to train 4 pets to level 21, well one bastard disappeared I don't know how! Ok he left me but when I go back to find it and tame it again it has disappeared. I also lost a pet during a fight with a special monster generated, definitely because of the corruption that curse me.

But the more dangerous place is DH2 if DH2 is the alternate path to avoid the moving forest. I saw there a drake and some ice giant before to flee and after to have kill few like a stone giant and a king troll.

At least the hunting in small cave didn't gave me another corruption. I am continuing on the path to HMV with 3 other pets level 13/14 but it isn't easy, already lost one pet and died once... No I won't drop the game yet. :-)

Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 09:31 (GMT -5)

What he meant probably was that the corruption level of the Small Cave is dependant on the danger level of it. The danger level of the small cave is always double the danger level of the PC. Starting from danger level 10 (character level 5 in the SMC, apparently), at least in the ID and the CoC, levels are corrupting. The background corruption rate doubles at danger level 20 (character level 10 in the SMC). At least that's how it is if I interpreted Darren correctly.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 01:40 (GMT -5)

Yes, that's what I meant - should have stated that more clearly I guess.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 4 hours, 56 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 06:42 (GMT -5)

DH:1 has a danger level of 20, and DH:2 is 40. Just for comparison.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 07:27 (GMT -5)

Ok I see, so if there's a link between corruption level and common monsters generated in the level DH2 is a big difficulty rising.

I just reach the HMV and I found the dungeons leading to it tougher than the main dungeon levels before DH1&2. But I also got the nice surprise to be able to get here two new pets, cave bear and lightning lizard.
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 10:01 (GMT -5)

The Unremarkable Dungeon *is* pretty tough, but manageable if you enter at level 6.
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

Well probably, with a good equipment I suppose. One ice Baby dragon, 4 Vortex (2 fire including one ambushed at a corner, 1 acid, 1 ice), Some lightning lizard that can quickly destroy some of your equipments, a stone statue, a berzerker lord, a werewolf lord, 1 chaos plague, and few lord or king stuff I can't remember. Those stuff at least somehow experienced and often moderately. If I hadn't a blessed necklace of the eye and few strong pets that would have been very tough for me, much more than Coc up to DH1&2.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/22/2008 at 11:01 (GMT -5) by Doalag]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3111 days, 5 hours, 31 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 11:15 (GMT -5)

It's manageable if you enter at level 1-3 too. I do that more often then not. But being a bit careful doesn't hurt.
But then, I don't use pets that eat up xp ;)
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 11:21 (GMT -5)

Thanks so sometimes you don't take pets to satisfy your evil mind? Perhaps you aren't fully evil after all? :-p
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 12:34 (GMT -5)

UD can be tough, but you tend to find nice items there. And it's a good non-corrupting place to train pets, like you wanted (though weak pets will die there - survival of the fittest and all).
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 14:06 (GMT -5)

Oh, what I like to do when I see a wererat is let it summon rat after rat. Then I whip out my glockenspiel and tame one half of the rats and laugh my ass off while they all kill each other (and the wererat in the process).

I also love to do this with spiders, jackals and wolves.
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 17:42 (GMT -5)

Yes Darren, well I suppose, I haven't found ton of good stuff but well a boot of speed which isn't bad as I have no 7LB.

I haven't yet tried to use it as train area, first exploration is quite different than come back to a same level. But it's probably a good compliment for pets, after that the only solution will be wilderness with a character with more levels.

Silfir that sort of thing works nice with a bard but not as well with a priest.
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 19:50 (GMT -5)

Actually, it works perfectly well with a priest if his music is high enough level. A level 25 priest has next to nothing to gain from killing all the animals himself, so why not let them kill each other? It's arguably even the faster method!
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 06:56 (GMT -5)

I think I'm not agree with you, I tried deeply 3 different bards and quite well 2 priest and 1 priest quite deeply.

All had Music 100 very fast and I don't consider stuff before that requirement. After that there's simply a hudge difference and for the bard it also with one bard CH 10/11. Just try attack either a bee hive or an ant hole only with music, you'll see how hudge is the difference. Another good test is to tame animal. Perhaps it depends of the level of your char but tame a cave or grizzly bear, a tiger or a lightning lizard. Well it's what I quoted, there's perhaps another factor or I got a wrong feeling.

With priest for taming more than for fighting tactics, using calm spell when the animal is aggressive instead of music speed up a lot the process, with a bard it's useless you calm fast with music and it's an area effect.

That said taming/calm with music/make friendly is also influenced by the monster level. And it's perhaps a ratio with your level or something. With rats it's possible that it's hard to quote the difference.

But yes the music against summoned animals also work with priest.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/23/2008 at 07:08 (GMT -5) by Doalag]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: