Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Min level req for Hawkslayer?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

5844 days, 15 hours, 41 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 07:33 (GMT -5)

What is the minimum level requirement to be able to get Hawkslayer? He refuses to talk to my char level 7 despite it is L+. I try found the information in the guidebook but only found a max level.
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5385 days, 12 hours, 28 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 08:34 (GMT -5)

I think its 25, or maybe 32. It should be in the guidebook, just keep looking for it.
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 08:46 (GMT -5)

Ok thanks but I searched all references of Hawkslayer and found only level 25 as a possible maximum level requirement, not a minimum :
<<Level 25 PC's have successfully gotten Hawkslayer as a companion, so that stands as a maximum level for the requirement at the moment.>>
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4950 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 10:32 (GMT -5)

Yeah I think thats some sort of admirably rare typo in the GB to be honest. I tend to chat to Hawkslayer whenever i bump into him, just cause that bit of the GB is a bit vague, and I don't recall being asked for the password for a sub level 25 PC ever ???

Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 11:25 (GMT -5)

Weird, so level 25 is the min level requirement? Ugly typo! :-D Level 25, that's weird, ha well I'll forget Hawkslayer for now.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 13 hours, 57 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 14:03 (GMT -5)

25 is the maximum level for the unknown minimum level requirement. It's poorly worded, but correct :)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 17:44 (GMT -5)

Well if you find it clear, nice for you, I can't say anyway I'm not a master of english! :-)
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 06:51 (GMT -5)

So at level 25 there are no reports of any PC not being able to get Hawkslayer.

Maybe a level 24 troll (who should have way more experience *points* than your average level 40??? gnome) could get him - it would be pretty tiresome to test though, leveling a troll slowly oh so slowly up through the levels, and having to pop over to the HMV at every level.
Molach unplugged
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 07:31 (GMT -5)

"So at level 25 there are no reports of any PC not being able to get Hawkslayer."

Is this true? It does not actually say this above. It merely says that [some] level 25 PCs have gotten him at level 25. Just look at the next sentence: "so that stands as a maximum level for the requirement at the moment."
Most people would have said instead "To get Hawkslayer just be level 25 or higher" instead of that vague thing if it were so easy. So mabye there are additional random factors involved too. Mabye not all 25's can get him.

I sure don't know, only got him once for the heck of it.
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 09:44 (GMT -5)

Maybe maybe maybe is the point -

"Level 25 PC's have successfully gotten Hawkslayer as a companion, so that stands as a maximum level for the requirement at the moment."

All we can really conclude from this sentence is that no one has cared enough about the EXP requirement for Hawkslayer to send any reports at all. After all, why bother?

It very much reads as if a level 26 PC can't get him. I suspect this not to be the case, but as soon as I get home I can schlep a backed up Level 50 wizard over to the HMV and go and see. Unfortunately, I don't normally back up my games, and I don't normally get as far as level 25, so further testing is likely to take a while.

Doalag, as prety much the only person here who ever seems to use pets in a non kitty ring related context, could you possibly be inspired to test this for us?

Just needs gnome and troll PCs to level up, and visit Hawkslayer after every level.

Personally, I just don't care that much about companions in general, I just find what it says in the GB mildly annoying due to the ambiguity
<shrug>
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 13 hours, 57 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 13:15 (GMT -5)

I agree that the guidebook is poorly worded in that matter, and it is in definite need of updating. Alas, what can one do?

It's pretty clear that no one of use cares enough about this topic to do research on it :)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 16:03 (GMT -5)

I'll keep a save backup at least for each level of my character and I'll check sometimes if Hawkslayer change his mind. When he will I'll get previous save to see when he started change his mind.

For Troll, I don't plan play any for now. Anyway the current guide information about this is worse than a general information.
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 03:12 (GMT -5)

For the record then, I duly yanked my wizards ass over to the HMV, and after browsing the record racks just for the hell of it, found Hawkslayer.

Result:
"Level 50 PC's have successfully gotten Hawkslayer as a companion, so that stands as a maximum level for the requirement at the moment. As for the minimum level requirement, no one really knows or cares, but it's probably around PC Level 25."

<cheers>vp
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 8 hours, 9 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 17:33 (GMT -5)

Nonono, maxmum level for the requirement means that the level requirement might be something else(=lower), but it is at most 25, because people have got hawkslayer when clevel 25.

It's not like the minotaur maze or pyramid.

Well, it was nice for you to check anyway :)
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 at 13:47 (GMT -5)

Well I doubt a lot in english the logic is different so you should stop with that.

There's a minimum level requirement which is lower or equal to 25 that's all. 25 is the maximum of nothing.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/29/2008 at 13:48 (GMT -5) by Doalag]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: