Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / What risk to change alignment?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

5849 days, 22 hours, 12 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 07:54 (GMT -5)

Don't worry someone (Darren) told me :-) but as the guidebook seems to say it's ok with small offering I didn't listen. :-)

Read the guidebook you quote it's only about live sacrifice, just after this chapter there's a part that seems to say that with small gold offering it's ok.

So no it's not ok under some special circumstances, probably when the god you target already know you and already dislike you.

Anyway, the si trick worked like a charm, I get back to N after about 10 offering of 50 gold. There I made few 1k gold offering and got the gray god very pleased. For sure I'll apply same caution when go back to L and an L alter. :-)
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5390 days, 18 hours, 59 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 08:06 (GMT -5)

Yea, just grapped that part 'couse I thought it would be the matter there. But indeed, gold is easy way of changing aligment early with altars. Even like 15 gold coins can be enough to move from N= to LN or vice versa for dwarf (Just for example). Never tried with SI - I've always changed it to money at Waldenbrooks and that way...
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4067 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 10:00 (GMT -5)

To get to LN from N= you need a grand total of four gold pieces. :)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4956 days, 3 hours, 16 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 07:28 (GMT -5)

Doalag, you were wanting to change alignment from L to N yes?

The safest way to do this would be to find a missile weapon your PC is not good with, switch to coward tactics, and repeatedly attack and then re-tame one of your pets. This will quickly drag your PC *towards* C, and unless your pet is hard as nails, shouldn't be dangerous - you could always train some lame animal instead, if you don't want to get killed by your lightning lizard or whatever :)
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

5849 days, 22 hours, 12 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 16:11 (GMT -5)

It could be a little slow to tame again a pet but it could work, the good point is to not require an altar.

I won't do it with the lightning lizard not because it can kill me but because its breath can destroy items. I'm not sure if even the pets level 21 could hit me when I'm maximum coward (DV > 70).

Your suggestion gave me an idea if 2 pets start to fight each other. Take care heal them and attack them all so all attack me then move to find a good place to separate them then tame them again.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/25/2008 at 16:14 (GMT -5) by Doalag]
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: