Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / What should i wish for?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Huth
Registered user

Last page view:

5898 days, 20 hours, 50 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 19:50 (GMT -5)

I have received a wish from a pool and I am not sure what I should get. I have saved Khelly and I have 7LBs, an aols, 10 socr, 3pocc, and all the eternium equipment I need. I don't want any dragon scalemail, phase daggers, or any other weapon i could wish for. One thing I am curious to know, would it be possible to get rid of teleportitis with a wish?
gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5868 days, 14 hours, 19 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 20:16 (GMT -5)

wish for stat increasing potions perhaps
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
Huth
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 20:59 (GMT -5)

No.., that would be a waste of a wish. I am thinking perhaps a ring of weakness, as I have heard you can use it to increase your strength to 99, though I am not sure how.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 1 hour, 11 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 21:42 (GMT -5)

If you wear a ring of weakness it'll take your strength down to 1, so eating giant corpses is more than likely to increase your strength. This mixed with stomaemptia and giant encounter (eg parties of stone giants in the mountain wilderness) can quickly get your strength to 99. Be careful when putting the ring on though - if you're carrying too much you'll get crushed.

You could consider wishing for specific skills like Find Weakness or Concentration. Scrolls of education is another possibility.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4897 days, 3 hours, 28 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 22:05 (GMT -5)

I heartily second the 'find weakness' wish,
it's worth it! Not only is it fantastic, but
it gives you something to sink your skill
increase points into, upon exp. level ups.
It is pretty aggravating, to have to chose
between increasing haggling or gardening.

Try the SoE wish, only if you feel very lucky.
It makes you feel GREAT to get the alertness
skill, but on the other hand METALURGY is
just as likely.

Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
Huth
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 23:08 (GMT -5)

I decided to go with wishing for magical writing sets. This way i can create far more scrolls of education than what could be wished for, and if necessary i can create scrolls of chaos resistance too.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4068 days, 1 hour, 53 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 08:50 (GMT -5)

Darren - "quickly"? I've done the ring of weakness thing up until 84 strength, and it took bloody ages.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 12:23 (GMT -5)

Did you have food preservation and a long bow of hunting? And a dooming item to get you more encounters? Of course quickly is a relative thing - for what you get, it's quite fast.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 05:37 (GMT -5)

Food preservation, yes. Some sort of spear of hunting, yes. No dooming though.

I once heard longbows of hunting only work for animals, is that true?

I am aware that with 99 strength a regular win is a piece of cake. I simply don't have the patience, and the fun is kind of spoilt for me when there is no chance of me losing at all.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5663 days, 20 hours and 6 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 10:32 (GMT -5)

So you got a wish from a pool, did you like leave your game open for hours and waited for some advice? I can't imagine myself having patience like that, would've probably wished for food pres, find weakness, concentration, GoGS or rings of slaying or spellbooks of acid ball or something like that.

Wishing for writing sets was probably a good choice, especially if you're playing a smart character like wizard.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5356 days, 1 hour, 11 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 11:52 (GMT -5)

go for ogre warparties instead! It's true that ogres have less likely chance of strength increase, BUT its more likely that you get a corpse and dozens of corpses have MUCH increased change of giving str bonus. I've managed to get +11 str with only one encounter 5-7 is typical and they are much more frequent than giant encounters!

My to wish list is almost always

1.AoLS
2.Ring of weakness(i hardly ever get 3 wishes in a game)
3.find weakness
4.?
5.??
6.???

I've only once had more than 4 wishes and those were acquired when running up and down the levels from 40 to 45 in id. I actually found more rods than were needed for negating the chaos effects.
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 18:40 (GMT -5)

I found hanging around in the hills to be beneficial. It gave me lots of hill giants for the strength and hill orcs for extra toughness.

Ogre war parties work too, of course. I can't tell; I only did the ring of weakness thing once, and I don't think I'll do it again.
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5356 days, 1 hour, 11 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 at 11:40 (GMT -5)

i tested strength training with ring of weakness and it took approximately an hour to get from 46 to 99 AND i had to find additional scrolls of uncursing. I had lots of herbs with me, but that won't be a pain since cursed stomacemptia works best.

so ogre warparties are GREAT for increasing strength.
Portrait
Ancient_pink_dragon
Registered user
So I was talking to a dark elf

Last page view:

5707 days, 17 hours, 29 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 at 16:34 (GMT -5)

Here is my wish list, in order of want.

1.7LB
2.AOLS ,(If I have gotten that far)
3.Athelitics.
4.Dodge
5.Concentration.
6.Stats
7.Monsters, (IF am I that strong)
8.Gold.
You attack the Ancient pink dragon with all of your force, but do not mange to harm it! The Ancient Pink Dragon breaths a deathray, poision, fire, acid, ice, lightning, water, corruption, missle, petrefication, and stun breath at you. All of your equipment is torn apart! You die...
#######################################
..-------------------------------D%$[(%
#######################################

Robojesus_gintfrg St99 Le99 Wi99 Dx99 To99 Ch99 A99 Ma99 Pe99 L++ Dv/Pv 1500/1500 H -5843(18857) P 99999 (99999) Exp50/48320283474958492 ID:48374 Spd:5833 Blessed Invisible Bloated
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 at 17:08 (GMT -5)

1. AoLS
2. 7LBs
3. Any of the following skills if I don't already possess them: Find Weakness, Athletics, maybe Dodge

Then it's whatever I think I can use. When in doubt, I'll just choose scrolls of chaos resistance.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 at 20:10 (GMT -5)

Athletics and Dodge?! Both are hard to train, especially by the time in the game you find a wish. Neither gives a significant advantage either. With decent stats the only thing it'll really affect is Appearance. +10 speed when (or if rather) it gets to max is nice, but not worth a wish. Dodge gives very little advantage overall, and is one of the hardest skills to train in the game. Gold is also something I would never ever ever wish for - quite the biggest waste of a wish possible. Well, not the biggest, but I can't understand why anyone would wish for it. Almost anything you can buy you can wish for instead, and money can be obtained easily.

My own personal list would be best separated into early and late game.

Early game:
1. 7LBs
2. AoLS
3. RDSMs or eternium plate mails
4. eternium tower shields (I always max out my shield skill very quickly)

Late game:
1. SoCR
2. SoCR
3. SoCR
4. Um... more SoCR?
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4598 days, 15 hours, 16 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 02:41 (GMT -5)

Yeah, those corruptions come on hard and fast in the lower levels of the CoC and the unreal cave system. Exploring the levels for altars or items or monsters down there IS NOT RECOMMENDED! Get to the stairs and do what you need to do.

Wishing for SoCR... that's if you're too lazy to scum for black unicorn corpses for PoCC? (Or if you're Chaotic)
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 06:20 (GMT -5)

Yes, I'm far too lazy to scum for black unicorn corpses, especially if I don't have food preservation.
THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4486 days, 47 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 19:27 (GMT -5)

Has anybody ever wished for ammo? If so, how much do you get?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: