Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Pre-crowning Vs Crowning

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

TommyDFunk
Registered user

Last page view:

5864 days, 15 hours, 14 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 at 22:56 (GMT -5)

I recently had a very frustrating loss with a dark elf wizard (D49) and am currently playing a gnomish wizard. I am sure that I will soon get my first win using a wizard.

Anyways I had an interesting thing happen. I have a level 14 gnomish wizard going and I have already gotten precrowned once - some two handed weapon that I sold - I won't play a wizard without ONE shield. and I was working on a second pre-crown and lost interest I sacced live until I got bored. I am pretty sure that I have only generated the one artifact. anyways at N+ I did not have enough piety to be precrowned. I killed one of the ratling traders cause I hate worms and dropped to N=. I then dropped into the wildersness. Some Barbarians attacked and I started running around trying to collect arrows when I noticed my health at 4. I freaked and prayed and got crowned - Fire Immune and a "gray cloak" - I'm not sure yet what the cloak is but I LOVE the Immunity.

Anyways I wanted to say that apparently a second precrown is more expensive than a crowning. I have a feeling that I am not the first to notice this but I thought I should share.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4061 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 04:08 (GMT -5)

The cloak is Brannalbin's cloak of defense. A nice item with nice stats and properties, but since it makes you invisible, it should also increase the rate at which you turn hungry by a lot, so you shouldn't wear it all the time. Very good thing to have for pretty much all the elemental temples, though, a lot of the monsters in these can't see invisible.

Incidentally, the perfect crowning for going into the ToEF. No ordinary cloak would survive, meaning you can fill a slot which would otherwise have to be free, even without rings of ice! (Being a wizard, you don't even need them at all.)

At least I imagine it to be. Never gotten it myself.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5384 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

Ohhh...
I've always thought that crowning must be done on altar. Well there is no reason to run around when you get the message that you are absolutely close - But still good to know.
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3110 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 05:40 (GMT -5)

Yes, there is a reason. Lvl 17 precrown inside the pyramid, so you don't miss the Ankh and the ancient mummy warping.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4232 days, 22 hours, 28 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 06:23 (GMT -5)

The first precrown costs about the same as a normal crowning. After that precrown costs go up exponentially, whilst the crowning costs remain the same.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: