Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Just a few questions

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

1440 days, 19 hours, 11 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 06:28 (GMT -5)

I just woke up some of my previous characters and I killed of a few of them as well. One to a GM on ID 66 and another to MT. However, I managed to keep a troll alive and when going for ID 66 I found a tension room with GMs which got him up to lvl 37 and a RoDS which hopefully can take him a bit further up to lvl 45. On a not so positive note I was 2(!) wilderness squares away from reaching the Stone Circle before 23:56:04 on Darknight. Sweet. Now I have to wait until day 120.

I was wondering:

1) In the ADOMGB a Djinni is listed in the monster appendix as a blue "&". Has anyone encountered any of these?

2) Has anyone ever generated a corpse from a Doppleganger King?

3) Am I to understand that I do not actually need the Sceptre of Chaos when attempting ultra ending?

S.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4067 days, 14 hours, 29 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 07:16 (GMT -5)

1. Not in battle, no, but using a not-blessed ring of djinni summoning will yield results.

2. Yes, indeed I have, even with a troll. I'm not sure whether it gave me stats, though.

3. You understand correctly, as far as I know.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 07:40 (GMT -5)

An uncursed RoDS will give you a djinni companion. A cursed one will result in a hostile djinni.

My last troll ran across a threat room of doppelganger kings in the ID. And promptly ran away. I've never had the chance to munch on their brains for stats...

Sceptre is utterly unneeded for an ultra ending - only the normal chaos god ending (without the trident) requires it. The crown and medal are only needed to get your through the gate - you can drop them right after. After that you must be wielding the trident when delivering the killing blow to Andy.

Good look on getting to level 45. It won't be easy, even with that RoDS.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

1440 days, 19 hours, 11 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 08:18 (GMT -5)

Cheers, guys. I'll have to try that Djinni companion sometime - when I have a ring to spare. How good are the Djinni?

I got the 24 GMs and it took me from lvl 37 to lvl 41. This was in the barbarian's glade, though. Perhaps I rather should have used the ring in DH or THK. Also, is there a simple way to really, really reduce your speed?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 10:10 (GMT -5)

Slow Monster spell and boots of the slow shuffle are the best options for reducing speed. Wearing moloch armour helps too (you should have found a few of these by now).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4896 days, 16 hours, 3 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 12:53 (GMT -5)

> How good are the Djinni?

I have only had one djinn companion. It was all
the way back in gamma... something. I was a bit
unspoiled, and didn't know to bless it. If memory
serves, it was rather pitiful. Well, to be fair,
my experience with (interest in) companions was
(and still is) zero, so that may have had something
to do with it.
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
Portrait
zv
Registered user

Last page view:

5659 days, 14 hours, 2 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 at 18:16 (GMT -5)

Djinni's are rather weak. I offed two no-problem with a slightly beefed up level 17 GE Ranger when doing a wish engine (still wishing for !oEx and not being careful enough to check ring status).

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: