Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Early game priest advice

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4804 days, 11 hours, 35 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

There has been a misunderstanding, I meant I was neutral with high piety, and was only wondering if not being sacced was due to alignment or piety, anyway thanks for answering.
FantomFang
Registered user

Last page view:

5796 days, 20 hours, 55 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

I was a Lawful dwarf on a neutral altar and was sacrificed =p

Oh, and about the bard, i changed my mind again anyways =p Trying to decide between Dark Elf Ranger (love the skill set, coolness factor), Dwarven Weaponsmith (Good skillset, decent powers, 3 x2 skills), and High Elf/Gray Elf Archer (love their powers, decent skillset)

Starsigns - Ranger (Sword or Raven), Wsmith (Sword), Archer (Cup or Candle/Falcon)

Comments? =p
Going for 2nd win
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5139 days, 16 hours, 19 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 at 15:33 (GMT -5)

For an easy win, take a priest or a wizard to a tour of the ID (for 10-20 spellbooks) then to CoC, big room (for herbs, important one is morgia root) and then...well....just win the game. Wizards can do some cool stuff to get to level 8 very fast because they start with offensive book, but it is easy to get there anyway.

Orc or drakeling priests have good melee potential later game.

For tips about archer, start a new thread, pretty easy to rule with them too.

2xskills are not really needed, I think. I would have some cool skills beside double-training any day.
FantomFang
Registered user

Last page view:

5796 days, 20 hours, 55 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 at 16:48 (GMT -5)

Yea, you're right about the 2x skill thing...you have so many skill points from lvl1-50 that you should hit 100 almost assuredly anyways, so you might as well get as many as possible.

I understand the whole wizard thing, being a HUGE wizard fan in D&D and every other game that includes them, but i thought id do something that'd still be good, but different. Wizard is too similar to priest for me to go immediately to that.

But yeah, once i get one of the above characters off the ground i may start another thread. They gotta survive the early going first though before i bother
Going for 2nd win
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 at 18:19 (GMT -5)

Just got fire resistance from a fire giant corpse while having fire immunity and resistance granted by items, so im going to have to call bs on the earlier comment about not getting intrinsics if you already got them from items. If it only applies to a select few corpses then which?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4237 days, 10 hours, 25 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 at 18:46 (GMT -5)

Fire beetle and fire lizard. And fire giant corpses actually quite rarely give the resistance in general, so you got lucky there. Fire drakes and dragons are the most reliable source of the resistance. The most important thing about the bug is the lvl 6 power for elementalists actually doesn't work - it only makes it harder to get the real resistance.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 at 19:02 (GMT -5)

Ya fire giants have 5 percent chance to give the resist. Thanks for the clarification.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: