Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Golem Banshee and locked doors

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 10 hours, 14 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 00:08 (GMT -5)

I have a weird/cool story... just past the 20th arena fight, a diamond golem (way too tough for me) was generated in the arena. Thankfully my speed was higher than its speed, so I got close enough to teleport it out. Now I had a diamond golem running around the Arena level--not a good thing. That extra speed (from 2 rings of speed) helped a great deal, so I led it into a room and locked all the doors before teleporting myself out. I should put a sign on the doors--Beware: Do not feed the Diamond Golem!

That strategy could be useful with cats; you wouldn't even have to lock the doors.

A somewhat related question: Can the Banshee unlock/break locked doors? If not, would it be possible to get her into a locked room, teleport yourself out and not worry about having her kill you with her bare hands once she's extremely experienced?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7818 days, 1 hour, 10 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 01:26 (GMT -5)

a diamond golem, u are pretty luckily to survive. tough to damage and hit but once u reach maybe l20 and have at least mastery in that arm u are training, also good armor. That is small case.

If u locked the door either using the skill "lock pick" or spell "magic lock/seal of sphere, there is a possibilty that the golem can kicked it down. Try b4 in the deeper lower of the CoC with at least 1,000,000 gold pieces just to buy spellbks and read them.(There's a bk shop there) [BTW, that is a l25 dwarven healer] So is this wat happen, lock the door with the magic lock spell and then read the bks. There were lots of creatures out there, and none could open the door. after about some mins later, a blue dragon came, smash the door down while i am reading the pertification spell.

As for the banshee, i have not try b4/dunno wat consequence?
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 01:29 (GMT -5)

anybody knows wat the banshee is screaming? Could be a message. [Jack chuckles]

[Banshee scream]-Iiiii knowsssss whereeeeee issss theeeee redddd roosterrrr innnnnnn!

[just kidding]=)
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7776 days, 23 hours, 32 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 04:46 (GMT -5)

I thought Everyone already knew what the banshee was screaming.
I got somethin like My beloooovvveed huuuusbaaaaaaaaaaannnd when I used a wedding ring.

My reply

lol

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 04:51 (GMT -5)

yeah, so how much damage does she do per turn? i would like to know. Most recent trollish barbarian lost his bless fireproof blanket in the ToEF and hence lost a lot of other equipment including beeswax. I can't find a ring of I, thus i take risk [almost all the time when i couldn't find RoI]

BTW, Tha Messiah. Where did u get all those cool pics from?
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 10 hours, 14 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2002 at 12:52 (GMT -5)

There are specific monsters which can knock down doors. I don't know if it depends on whether or not you used Magic Lock to lock them though--I know ogres can knock down doors, dragons seem likely too. Anybody researched this?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7776 days, 23 hours, 32 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 at 02:40 (GMT -5)

Balors can knock down doors.I dont really lock doors.So I dont know bout the rest.

Jack: Here's where I get all those smilies from.
>Cracks smilies

And here >Smiliez.de

I get all this from being a real forum addict

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
tictac02
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2002 at 02:34 (GMT -5)

I had a character that I played in the wilderness quite a bit (safer imo) ate losts of quickling corpses,.. speed 700ish. I got tired of trying to find beeswax, so I ran in there, and killed the Banshee before she screamed presumably. I lived, she died.

Not sure how fast/lucky (real luck, not game luck) for this to work. My suggestion is wait for beeswax.
Portrait
Ragnarok
Registered user
Cat

Last page view:

7929 days, 12 hours, 1 minute and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 29, 2002 at 14:11 (GMT -5)

wow you really got lucky there. How many actions did you have before her turn?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: